Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Results 181 to 190 of 190

Thread: Texas is now a toss up state

  1. #181 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18,834
    Thanks
    7,551
    Thanked 9,452 Times in 6,582 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,086 Times in 1,021 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Your posts are not going to age well, moron...

    This is you all the while I am trying to teach you basic mathematics and data analysis:
    You're posting your opinions. You aren't even posting voting data that gives us any sort of numbers.

    News flash...nobody here is interested in your opinions.

    You can't possibly teach me anything about basic math.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  2. #182 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18,834
    Thanks
    7,551
    Thanked 9,452 Times in 6,582 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,086 Times in 1,021 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Sooo, only you and your lithium dosage understand?
    WTF is with this moron?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

    Dutch Uncle (10-30-2020)

  4. #183 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    20,456
    Thanks
    5,527
    Thanked 8,807 Times in 6,717 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 892 Times in 855 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Hard to say, but the cold hard fact is that Republicans didn't hold Congress in decades. Gingrich set out to change that by turning Congress into a shit show.

    Interesting read. We're both old enough to remember when it was happening in real time.

    Gingrich, ever the self promoting asshole, seems to be in direct disagreement with you.
    Thanks for the link. Good read.

    Yes, Gingrich was an asshole which is why I disagree with him. My point is that the direction of the nation isn't caused by a single person or even a single party, it's caused by a collection of events and a brew of perceptions of those events. No one can control it, but individuals or groups can certainly seek to influence it with nudges. Those nudges can be for good or bad. Good being defined as best for everyone including the individual and bad being restrictions of personal rights or detrimental to group happiness.

    One of my favorite shows is James Burke's "Connections". I have all the DVDs and should watch them for a fourth time.

    "Connections ...took an interdisciplinary approach to the history of science and invention, and demonstrated how various discoveries, scientific achievements, and historical world events were built from one another successively in an interconnected way to bring about particular aspects of modern technology. "

    What most interested me the cultural results of technological progress. Better tech usually results in greater freedom and happiness for people. Yes, the two steps forward, one step back rule applies.

    My belief is that We, the People are at a "one step back" phase and that things will begin improve post-Trump. Maybe it will be post-2024, but I think we'll start seeing things inch forward again in the next few years.
    “A new consciousness is developing which sees the earth as a single organism and recognizes that an organism at war with itself is doomed. We are one planet..
    - Carl Sagan 1980

  5. #184 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18,834
    Thanks
    7,551
    Thanked 9,452 Times in 6,582 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,086 Times in 1,021 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Thanks for the link. Good read.

    Yes, Gingrich was an asshole which is why I disagree with him. My point is that the direction of the nation isn't caused by a single person or even a single party, it's caused by a collection of events and a brew of perceptions of those events. No one can control it, but individuals or groups can certainly seek to influence it with nudges. Those nudges can be for good or bad. Good being defined as best for everyone including the individual and bad being restrictions of personal rights or detrimental to group happiness.

    One of my favorite shows is James Burke's "Connections". I have all the DVDs and should watch them for a fourth time.

    "Connections ...took an interdisciplinary approach to the history of science and invention, and demonstrated how various discoveries, scientific achievements, and historical world events were built from one another successively in an interconnected way to bring about particular aspects of modern technology. "

    What most interested me the cultural results of technological progress. Better tech usually results in greater freedom and happiness for people. Yes, the two steps forward, one step back rule applies.

    My belief is that We, the People are at a "one step back" phase and that things will begin improve post-Trump. Maybe it will be post-2024, but I think we'll start seeing things inch forward again in the next few years.
    I have a bit of a different take. I don't ever see our society getting back to 'normal'. If we examine history, science/tech achievements did indeed move us forward, and make our lives easier/better.

    Setting aside automation for a second, when big corporations opted to increase profits by offshoring labor, we destroyed a huge segment of society. In the beginning, the wealthy always ended up with all of the money.

    But...everyone got a chance to 'touch it' along the way. Salaries were spent on necessities and luxuries (two cars in the driveway, multiple televisions in the home) and the money always made its way back to the top. But that wasn't enough. It's never enough. Until/unless we get quality jobs back in this nation, our society will never be the same.


    Once trump is dumped, you'll be arguing that 'the govt. doesn't create jobs'. You might not be as heinous as a typical conservative, but I'm sure you don't believe that the taxpayer should be taking up the slack for those who simply cannot feed themselves. We always rely on boom/bust cycles. Whether in the energy industry, housing, or automobiles.

    That's not healthy for any society. I honestly do not see an answer, unless the govt. actually makes use of the trump tax on consumers to fund manufacturing here.

    We need to change the tax structure to penalize those who offshore labor, and give massive breaks to those who don't. Something trump promised in '16, and did the exact opposite in the end.


    Conservatives typically don't agree with this
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  6. #185 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    20,456
    Thanks
    5,527
    Thanked 8,807 Times in 6,717 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 892 Times in 855 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    I have a bit of a different take. I don't ever see our society getting back to 'normal'. If we examine history, science/tech achievements did indeed move us forward, and make our lives easier/better.

    Setting aside automation for a second, when big corporations opted to increase profits by offshoring labor, we destroyed a huge segment of society. In the beginning, the wealthy always ended up with all of the money.

    But...everyone got a chance to 'touch it' along the way. Salaries were spent on necessities and luxuries (two cars in the driveway, multiple televisions in the home) and the money always made its way back to the top. But that wasn't enough. It's never enough. Until/unless we get quality jobs back in this nation, our society will never be the same.


    Once trump is dumped, you'll be arguing that 'the govt. doesn't create jobs'. You might not be as heinous as a typical conservative, but I'm sure you don't believe that the taxpayer should be taking up the slack for those who simply cannot feed themselves. We always rely on boom/bust cycles. Whether in the energy industry, housing, or automobiles.

    That's not healthy for any society. I honestly do not see an answer, unless the govt. actually makes use of the trump tax on consumers to fund manufacturing here.

    We need to change the tax structure to penalize those who offshore labor, and give massive breaks to those who don't. Something trump promised in '16, and did the exact opposite in the end.


    Conservatives typically don't agree with this
    Normal is whatever the majority of people are doing. The aggregate of the cluster fuck known as "American politics" defines what is "normal" for American politics. Let's hope the new normal a year or two from now is a lot better than the mess we have now.

    The nation will change when enough Americans can agree on the direction of that change.
    “A new consciousness is developing which sees the earth as a single organism and recognizes that an organism at war with itself is doomed. We are one planet..
    - Carl Sagan 1980

  7. #186 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    38,479
    Thanks
    1,313
    Thanked 4,078 Times in 3,161 Posts
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 259 Times in 240 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Normal is whatever the majority of people are doing. The aggregate of the cluster fuck known as "American politics" defines what is "normal" for American politics. Let's hope the new normal a year or two from now is a lot better than the mess we have now.

    The nation will change when enough Americans can agree on the direction of that change.
    right. most people think the new world order is gay. back to the drawing board globalist. learn to love the abyss. it's your new home.
    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --AssHatZombie

    Obamagate is Operation Crossfire Hurricane

    "AssHat rocks and is fun to have around." -- Damocles

    https://qanon.pub <--- qanon project

  8. #187 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 129 Times in 115 Posts
    Groans
    9
    Groaned 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Normal is whatever the majority of people are doing. The aggregate of the cluster fuck known as "American politics" defines what is "normal" for American politics. Let's hope the new normal a year or two from now is a lot better than the mess we have now.

    The nation will change when enough Americans can agree on the direction of that change.
    So when you all start sucking each others dick that will be normal? Lmao. Faggot.

  9. #188 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,394
    Thanks
    2,501
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 2,044 Posts
    Groans
    316
    Groaned 933 Times in 853 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    This won't age well.

    Texas is NOT in play... Trump will win it by at least 7 points...
    Agreed. These perverts are grasping at straws.
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

    -- The Left


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Granule For This Post:

    gfm7175 (10-31-2020)

  11. #189 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18,834
    Thanks
    7,551
    Thanked 9,452 Times in 6,582 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,086 Times in 1,021 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Normal is whatever the majority of people are doing. The aggregate of the cluster fuck known as "American politics" defines what is "normal" for American politics. Let's hope the new normal a year or two from now is a lot better than the mess we have now.

    The nation will change when enough Americans can agree on the direction of that change.
    Well, as the youth become involved in politics, they tend to favor more govt. programs to fund aspects of society. It wouldn't be necessary if we still had quality manufacturing jobs. Which we never will.

    I'm in a famous resort area that has long since withered on the vine. 50 years ago, kids grew up knowing that they didn't need to go to college in order to make a good living. The hotels boomed in the summer, and thousands of people were able to earn enough to live very comfortably.

    That's gone. Not unlike our prior system where there were always manufacturing jobs for those who didn't wish to go to school.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  12. #190 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    862
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 179 Times in 134 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 117 Times in 113 Posts

    Default

    Texas will be riding the crest of the Blue Tsunami.

Similar Threads

  1. Texas now a Swing State
    By katzgar in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2020, 08:54 PM
  2. Texas Becomes First State To Tell Trump - NO MORE REFUGEES
    By Text Drivers are Killers in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-13-2020, 05:55 AM
  3. Confederate plaque removed from Texas state Capitol
    By guno in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 01-17-2019, 11:17 AM
  4. Texas Is ‘No Longer A Reliably Red State’
    By floridafan in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-28-2018, 08:24 AM
  5. GOP state lawmaker in Texas calls on Trump to be impeached
    By Bourbon in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-18-2018, 02:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •