Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hundreds of Trump supporters stuck in the cold for hours

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,245 Times in 13,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    True. OTOH, it's all Obama's fault. Just ask any Trump supporter and they'll tell you so. Those are the same assholes who support Trump's FBI which saved Governor Whitmer but can't control Obama's FBI to put Hillary, Obama and both Bidens in prison for spying, treason and pedophilia....or crimes Trump claims they did.

Who do you think is telling the truth, Chief?
    Nobody.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Doc Dutch (10-28-2020)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,239 Times in 7,129 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Wrong... The best planning can still go wrong. They had busses available but the traffic jammed them up. Trump can't make each person attending wear appropriate clothing for the weather either. That's an individual responsibility. Yet, people like you blame the guy for everything wrong that happens. "OW! I stubbed my toe! It's all Trump's fault!" That sort of nonsense.
    It's not about blaming Trump for them ending up stranded in the cold.

It's more about Trump setting up these wacky rallies in the first place- DURING THIS PANDEMIC THAT IS RUNNING OUT OF CONTROL AGAIN IN MOST STATES!

You want to know why it is also so stupid- TRUMP's Supporters has not changed. His supporters that voted for him in 2016 are mostly all still going to vote for him again in 2020.

Here is the problem- Trump's Rallies are just Thunderdomes for throwing red meat at a bunch of yelping chihuahuas anyway- as Trump does not use his Stump Speeches to attract anyone new that has never voted for him.

There are only so many stupid people or politically corrupted people in America- AND THEY ARE ALREADY VOTING FOR TRUMP THE IDIOT!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

christiefan915 (10-28-2020), Guno צְבִי (10-28-2020)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,090 Times in 33,817 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wrong... The best planning can still go wrong. They had busses available but the traffic jammed them up. Trump can't make each person attending wear appropriate clothing for the weather either. That's an individual responsibility. Yet, people like you blame the guy for everything wrong that happens. "OW! I stubbed my toe! It's all Trump's fault!" That sort of nonsense.
    This was NOT the best planning, not to leave people stranded in 13 degree weather for 1.5 hours. There is no excuse for that.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (10-28-2020), Doc Dutch (10-28-2020), Guno צְבִי (10-28-2020)

7. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,630 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Priceless!

<insert clever meme when I get to it>
    OK

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Doc Dutch (10-28-2020)

9. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

He wanted the job.

He takes the heat.

If he doesn't like it he should do us all a big fat favor and quit.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (10-28-2020)

11. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,820 Times in 14,169 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

In the 80s I was on the West Coast for the first half and north Florida for the second. Never toured NY until the early 90s.
    Visiting turned out to be the best I could ever stand.
    Growing up in in NYC was great , grew up in a housing project that was built for returned WWII Vets , literally a thousand kids , the beach was one block way and in the opposite direction the bay one block and a big park across the street, it was real community with a diverse population , after school we had a community center which was staffed by teachers, summers at the beach a plenty of fishing, every Wednesday fireworks of off the beach sponsored by Schaffer beer, the city sponsored concerts at the park , got to see Dizzy" Gillespie , "Count" Basie band at school got to see Robert Merrill and Beverly Sills sing opera, went on trips to Manhattan to museums and plays and the UN, went to ball games with my dad at Ebbets Field and saw Jackie Robinson play, in the early 60's went to Yankee stadium and saw mantel Maris ford and yogi play just a subway ride away, got to meet Eleanor Roosevelt at the UN.. and RFK when he come to Rockaway, Got to see JFK and LBJ in Manhattan, in addition Khrushchev on his way from idelwild airport to the UN

Education was first class, 3 tiers of HS graduation, regents for those going to college , commercial for those going to work in business retail and a general diploma who were going into the trades , NYC also hade trade high schools focusing of different trades

CUNY city university of NY was free to high school students who had a 2.5 gpa

Overall a great experience and sense of community , education and culture
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

christiefan915 (10-28-2020), Doc Dutch (10-28-2020)

13. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,367 Times in 52,413 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nobody.
    Agreed. That's the suckie part.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

14. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    This was NOT the best planning, not to leave people stranded in 13 degree weather for 1.5 hours. There is no excuse for that.
    Planners have to care in order to plan for something. More likely they were more worried about fixing up Trump's green room along with refreshments and a big screen tv.....and a nice clean mirror for him to snort his Adderall off of before the rally.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (10-28-2020)

16. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello T. A. Gardner,

He wanted the job.

He takes the heat.

If he doesn't like it he should do us all a big fat favor and quit.
    Agreed. Anyone one who takes a professional job then whines about it is an idiot one way or another.

I've ran into a few like that over my career.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (10-28-2020)

18. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    That would never be a problem at a Biden event...
    Hammer and SLAM! bahahahahahha

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

TOP (10-28-2020)

20. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Agreed. Anyone one who takes a professional job then whines about it is an idiot one way or another.

I've ran into a few like that over my career.
    Trump seems to think the media should 'go easy on him.'

He doesn't want to be asked 'tough questions.' (calls that 'asking nasty questions.')

Are you kidding me?

He thinks the media should go easy on the president?

On what planet is his brain?

NO!

We don't want the media 'going easy on' the president, like that's EVER been a problem!

It is the media's job to scrutinize the president, look for anything we, the people, might disapprove of. They have the roll of informing the public of what is going on and how the president is doing in his job, in which he works for all of us, ostensibly. (It would be news to him.)

The media is the 4th estate.

It never has been known to, and never should, 'go easy on' the president.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (10-28-2020)

22. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,795 Times in 17,244 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

After the TV show, he did not need them anymore.

23. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,009 Times in 14,508 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    The sinking of the Trump Navy boats on Lake Travis, and the stranding of elderly Deplorables in the freezing cold are the perfect metaphors for the Trump era.
    He's actually joking about the threats to a sitting governor's life.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

24. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Rubes

But as long lines of MAGA-clad attendees queued up for buses to take them to distant parking lots, it quickly became clear something was wrong.

The buses, the huge crowd soon learned, couldn’t navigate the jammed airport roads. For hours, attendees — including many elderly Trump supporters — stood in the cold, as police scrambled to help those most at-risk get to warmth.

At least seven people were taken to hospitals, according to Omaha Scanner, which monitors official radio traffic. Police and fire authorities didn’t immediately return messages from The Washington Post early Wednesday and declined to provide reporters on the scene with precise numbers of how many needed treatment.

Soon, officers were radioing in about numerous elderly attendees struggling in the cold, according to Omaha Scanner. Police began shuttling some people to their cars to get them out of the elements.

“As we were walking, I saw at least two Omaha Police officers helping people who were getting cold, one elderly lady and a young boy,”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...rs-stuck-cold/
    Well, at least Trump has 100’s of supporters lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

25. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,168 Times in 14,706 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

If this had happened at a Biden rally they could have put all of his supporters in a Smart Car,