Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Sounds like another snowflake.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

It wouldn't surprise me that the are White Supremacist in the police force.
    Lock Him Up

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (10-28-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,603 Times in 51,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Aside from the fact Florida has often been a sweaty shithole, the article was a political opinion piece by the pastor of Faith of Florida.

"It is in the spirit of, and respect for, this inherited legacy that Faith in Florida has been hosting “Souls to the Polls” events across the state that bring communities together with food, music and activities to mobilize them to vote. My faith and the history of those who have come before me have taught me that all people, regardless of what they look like or where they come from, have the right to exercise their right to vote without being harmed. And we have the right and ability to come together as a people and community to mobilize one another to vote.

Voting is a fundamental right and certainly isn’t one we will forfeit when everything is on the line. We may not have all of law enforcement on our side, but history, indisputably, is. Our future generations will look to us to right all the wrongs of the last four years, and we will continue to work tirelessly to do right by them.
    "

Her efforts to mobilize voters is good, but making it look like all Miami police are racist assholes is wrong.

While it's sad a police officer was politicizing his job, note the police officer was quickly condemned by Miami PD for his action. This means the police officer's action was an aberration, not typical of the Miami PD.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (10-28-2020)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Aside from the fact Florida has often been a sweaty shithole, the article was a political opinion piece by the pastor of Faith of Florida.

"It is in the spirit of, and respect for, this inherited legacy that Faith in Florida has been hosting “Souls to the Polls” events across the state that bring communities together with food, music and activities to mobilize them to vote. My faith and the history of those who have come before me have taught me that all people, regardless of what they look like or where they come from, have the right to exercise their right to vote without being harmed. And we have the right and ability to come together as a people and community to mobilize one another to vote.

Voting is a fundamental right and certainly isn’t one we will forfeit when everything is on the line. We may not have all of law enforcement on our side, but history, indisputably, is. Our future generations will look to us to right all the wrongs of the last four years, and we will continue to work tirelessly to do right by them.
    "

Her efforts to mobilize voters is good, but making it look like all Miami police are racist assholes is wrong.

While it's sad a police officer was politicizing his job, note the police officer was quickly condemned by Miami PD for his action. This means the police officer's action was an aberration, not typical of the Miami PD.

Why is it your comments have nothing to do with the topic of the article? What is it you are on? You've never been to Florida have you?

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    Why is it your comments have nothing to do with the topic of the article? What is it you are on? You've never been to Florida have you?
    Why do you think my post had nothing to do with the topic? I addressed both the author and Miami PD? Nothing....yet. I lived there for 12 years; 3 years at NAS Jacksonville, 8 years at NAS Whiting Field and 1 year Tampa. I also worked out of Miami for 6 years and spent a lot of time with my GF in Key West. Why do you ask? Do you live in Florida?

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Why do you think my post had nothing to do with the topic? I addressed both the author and Miami PD? Nothing....yet. I lived there for 12 years; 3 years at NAS Jacksonville, 8 years at NAS Whiting Field and 1 year Tampa. I also worked out of Miami for 6 years and spent a lot of time with my GF in Key West. Why do you ask? Do you live in Florida?

12 years? Holy crap have been to therapy for self hate issues? I lived in Davie for just over 3 years and got the fuck out. Fake dentists in storage units. Fed task forces doing clean up, Having to get a mechanical inspection to get car insurance. Counterfeit money...twice. Haggling over bait prices. Yup it is a shithole

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

12 years? Holy crap have been to therapy for self hate issues? I lived in Davie for just over 3 years and got the fuck out. Fake dentists in storage units. Fed task forces doing clean up, Having to get a mechanical inspection to get car insurance. Counterfeit money...twice. Haggling over bait prices. Yup it is a shithole
    The moment you left is the moment it no longer was a shithole. Can you figure out why?

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Work. I left when I had the chance, but thanks for the personal attacks. It proves you have very little else to add.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Work. I left when I had the chance, but thanks for the personal attacks. It proves you have very little else to add.

no personal attack intended. You were there for 12 years which suggests self abuse

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

no personal attack intended. You were there for 12 years which suggests self abuse
    A personal attack followed by a lie. Awesome.

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

A personal attack followed by a lie. Awesome.
    do you not get irony? you sound like a trumpster now

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

do you not get irony? you sound like a trumpster now
    Third time in a row. Awesome.