Thanks
    Thanked 11,235 Times in 6,870 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Default Feels like deja vu

Stop me if you've heard this one:

- Late breaking scandal having to do w/ emails
    - Pundits declaring overwhelming victory for the Democrat as polls tighten
    - Democrat spending time in "hopeful" states instead of locking down necessary ones
    - SCOTUS controversy benefiting Republicans

I've been pretty bullish on a Biden victory, but it's starting to feel too eerie. I've really gotta prepare myself for either outcome - it was tough watching Trump pull out the upset last time, but I'd really have to dig deep to handle another 4 years.

Regardless, I hope we can start to do better w/ the nominating process. It's hard to get too excited about this one.

2. The Following User Groans At BartenderElite For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-27-2020)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

moon (10-28-2020), PoliTalker (10-27-2020), Trump's Brain (10-28-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

TRUMP WINS AGAIN....
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Damocles (10-28-2020), Earl (10-28-2020), Granule (10-28-2020)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello BartenderElite,

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post

- Democrat spending time in "hopeful" states instead of locking down necessary ones

I've been pretty bullish on a Biden victory, but it's starting to feel too eerie. I've really gotta prepare myself for either outcome - it was tough watching Trump pull out the upset last time, but I'd really have to dig deep to handle another 4 years.

Regardless, I hope we can start to do better w/ the nominating process. It's hard to get too excited about this one.
    I have never allowed myself to assume any outcome.

It could go either way.

And we probably won't know on election night.

Then, as the votes are still being tallied we will have bigmouth trash-talking the whole process, especially if election-day results favor him.

It is likely that Republicans vote in person, have their votes counted faster, resulting in early results favoring Trump and the bulk of mail ballots favoring Biden yet to be counted. Then, during that process, we have bigmouth calling for the counting to end, claiming without any support that the mail ballots are fraudulent, filing court cases to have it stopped.

And he just got done stacking the SCOTUS. (hopefully Barrett would recuse)

Republican governors might take up the fight and try to annul their own state elections, opting instead to make the executive decision to order all their electors to vote for Trump, possibly resulting in several sets of electors from some States showing up at the electoral college. What a mess it could be.

Hang on, we are in for a very wild ride.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-27-2020), Earl (10-28-2020)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

BartenderElite (10-27-2020)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Probably worrying about Trump stealing the White House silverware would be more productive than thinking about a Trump win. It's over. The Nightmare is finally over.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Trump's Brain (10-28-2020)

11. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,105 Times in 12,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

Certainly the Elite Class cant fail after four years of all of the best brains on the project fail to accomplish the mission yet again...fail to get Trump.

That would Be INCONCEIVABLE
    Ode to Princess Bride
    Last edited by Hawkeye10; 10-27-2020 at 08:10 PM.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

12. The Following User Groans At Hawkeye10 For This Awful Post:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Matt Dillon (10-27-2020)

14. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Probably worrying about Trump stealing the White House silverware would be more productive than thinking about a Trump win. It's over. The Nightmare is finally over.
    Not so sure.

Will believe it when I see it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Jack (10-28-2020)

16. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What we need is a landslide Biden that is not even close, can't be brought into question.

Let's visualize THAT.

THAT would be awesome!

17. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-27-2020)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

19. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Here's your difference with the Supreme Court. In '16 the open seat was reason for some on the right to hold their nose and vote for Trump. There is no open seat as a carrot this time around as they filled it. Cocaine Mitch knew what he was doing, he knew the odds of Trump winning and Republicans maintaining the Senate were not good so that's why he rushed to fill the seat.

You can never rule anything out but Biden is in good shape.

20. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

I predicted he would win last time. I won't be surprised at all if he wins again.

21. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Even if he loses, the nightmare may not be over.

It may be just the beginning of a constitutional crisis..

When I first made a thread about it all the trumpkins scoffed, now many, even in the gop are discussing the possibility..

My only fear is for the Nation, what happens to trump will be on his head..........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

22. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 89 Times in 83 Posts

This is nothing like 2016. It's odd to even compare it.

23. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,105 Times in 12,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    What we need is a landslide Biden that is not even close, can't be brought into question.

Let's visualize THAT.

THAT would be awesome!
    With as corrupt and aiming to be third world as America is the claims of power can never be taken as truth without verification.

The American Elite now must be treated as we treated the Soviets...Trust but verify.

Lying incompetent fuckers that they are.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

24. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

25. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Here's your difference with the Supreme Court. In '16 the open seat was reason for some on the right to hold their nose and vote for Trump. There is no open seat as a carrot this time around as they filled it. Cocaine Mitch knew what he was doing, he knew the odds of Trump winning and Republicans maintaining the Senate were not good so that's why he rushed to fill the seat.

You can never rule anything out but Biden is in good shape.

You sound ecstatic

26. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beijing Buyden View Post
    You sound ecstatic
    Look at you all worried about emotions and feelings. You’re such a liberal/teenage chick ILA. Glad to be living rent free though. And what’s really funny is Cocaine Mitch orchestrated all this. He’s the one who focused on the courts and prioritized ACB. You hate that dude. You used to call him a RINO and said he needed to be gone. Look at you now