Thread: The India Card: U.S. warns of threat China, signs military pact w India

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,814 Times in 27,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post

...or was Obama lying too?
    It is not even close to being an analogy.

Pompeo was not making a slip of the tongue. Either we are a democracy or we are not.

Secretary of State Pompeo thinks we are.

Various and sundry obscure rightwing message board posters claim we are not.

2. #17 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,626 Times in 17,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

Pompeo was not making a slip of the tongue. Either we are a democracy or we are not.

LOL!! Slip of the tongue? That only happens if it's someone on the left. Correct?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I read it.......I'm wondering why you feel it is wrong to affirm alliance with India.......I suppose as a Biden supporter you would prefer if we allied with CHina against India......
    Thank you for taking the time to read it........hats-off-salute-smiley-emoticon.gif

I have no idea why you would think I feel it is wrong..

I think it is good to have positive relations w/ India but why wait till now??

Better late than never~naked & open move to contain China but no silk roads lead to India......

If Biden is elected this is a strategy I hope he looks @..
    I believe it is a great strategic move on trump's part......... The only thing I wondered is why he waited this long.. I thought it would have come about after his trip to India & his warm welcome there... They want a relationship as well......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    Beijing Biden?? ROFL you cannot be serious. he was asked last week if China is a strategic threat
    and AGAIN said they are only competitors

So I can't see how he could possibly grasp the geopolitics here -especially since he has said he's going to undo all of Trumps policies on China
    I can't recall exactly what I saw him say.. Russia is our biggest adversary & China our biggest something else, but he did not say competitors in the one I saw..

IMHO that is one of his weakest positions...............

I made a couple threads about it, did you or anyone else here??

How I feel about it should be obvious..........

If he is elected & kowtows we should all be putting a foot on his ass...........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    I used to think this was all about Kashmir -but I'm increasingly convinced Modi wants to schism away from China
    and go under US security blanket
    Kashmir is a done deal, @ least as it stands now (assuming there is no war).......

Wackistan can't do anything about it & even surrendered their section of Kashmir occupied by China.. China also occupies a section of Kashmir claimed by India & neither have intentions of giving that claim up..

Russia has been friendly w/ India for many years but won't assist them & their claims or border disputes..........

From what I recall of the boarder dispute China had the line up to wear they now occupy, but via conquered/occupied Tibet~a claim laid by Tibetan empires, not Chinese bogus bull shit.........

The line India claims was the one set by UK, w/out considerations of previous claims of China or India..........

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 41,003 Times in 32,308 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,870 Times in 2,757 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to read it........hats-off-salute-smiley-emoticon.gif

I have no idea why you would think I feel it is wrong..
    because you bothered to start a thread complaining about it......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

@ the end of the sentence is a (?)

Compelling an answer not a complaint....

So why wait till now, a week before the election??

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

We are not a direct Democracy. At all. Never have been. I am surprised a person of your intellect does not understand that.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,273 Times in 13,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Better late than never~naked & open move to contain China but no silk roads lead to India......

Trump preparing for war??

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The United States and India signed a pact to share sensitive satellite and map data on Tuesday as U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo warned of the threat posed by an increasingly assertive China.

Pompeo, who arrived in New Delhi on Monday along with Defense Secretary Mark Esper, said after talks with their Indian counterparts that the two countries had to work together to confront the threat China posed to security and freedom.

The annual U.S.-India strategic dialogue comes at a time of heightened tension in the region, with Indian troops confronting Chinese forces on their disputed Himalayan border.

“Big things are happening as our democracies align to better protect the citizens of our two countries and indeed, of the free world,” Pompeo told reporters after the talks with Indian Foreign Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar and Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.

“Our leaders, and our citizens, see with increasing clarity that the Chinese Communist Party is no friend to democracy, the rule of law, transparency, nor to freedom of navigation, the foundation of a free and open, prosperous Indo-Pacific,” Pompeo said.

The new defence pact - the Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement on Geospatial Cooperation - was a “significant milestone” that would foster cooperation between the militaries of both countries, Esper told the news conference.

The United States planned to sell more fighter planes and drones to India, Esper added. The pact will give India access to a range of topographical, nautical and aeronautical data that is considered vital for targeting of missiles and armed drones.

It would also allow the United States to provide advanced navigational aids and avionics on U.S.-supplied aircraft to India, an Indian defence source said.

U.S. President Donald Trump has made being tough on China a key part of his campaign to secure a second term in next week’s presidential election and Pompeo has been trying to bolster allies to counter China’s growing influence in the region.

China dismissed Pompeo’s accusations.

“We urge Pompeo to abandon his Cold War mentality, zero-sum mindset, and stop harping on the ‘China threat’,” Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin told a news briefing in Beijing earlier on Tuesday.

India has its own problems with China.

In June, 20 Indian soldiers were killed in a clash with Chinese troops on their high-altitude border, hardening the mood in India against China and driving Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government to seek closer military ties with the United States.

Jaishankar did not refer directly to China in his comments at the news conference but hailed “national security convergences” with the United States and their determination to tackle security and counter-terrorism issues and ensure peace and stability in the Indo-Pacific region.

This month, India invited Australia to join naval drills it holds each year with the United States and Japan, brushing off Chinese concerns that the exercises destabilise the region.
    Irony is that all of this could have been accomplished with TPP, an agreement of the Far East nations with those involved with NAFTA to basically encircle China financially, but we know who killed that one thinking he was going to get his own separate deal with each individual nation, make a "deal"

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,623 Times in 10,011 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Trump preparing for war??

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The United States and India signed a pact to share sensitive satellite and map data on Tuesday as U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo warned of the threat posed by an increasingly assertive China.

Pompeo, who arrived in New Delhi on Monday along with Defense Secretary Mark Esper, said after talks with their Indian counterparts that the two countries had to work together to confront the threat China posed to security and freedom.

The annual U.S.-India strategic dialogue comes at a time of heightened tension in the region, with Indian troops confronting Chinese forces on their disputed Himalayan border.

“Big things are happening as our democracies align to better protect the citizens of our two countries and indeed, of the free world,” Pompeo told reporters after the talks with Indian Foreign Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar and Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.

“Our leaders, and our citizens, see with increasing clarity that the Chinese Communist Party is no friend to democracy, the rule of law, transparency, nor to freedom of navigation, the foundation of a free and open, prosperous Indo-Pacific,” Pompeo said.

The new defence pact - the Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement on Geospatial Cooperation - was a “significant milestone” that would foster cooperation between the militaries of both countries, Esper told the news conference.

The United States planned to sell more fighter planes and drones to India, Esper added. The pact will give India access to a range of topographical, nautical and aeronautical data that is considered vital for targeting of missiles and armed drones.

It would also allow the United States to provide advanced navigational aids and avionics on U.S.-supplied aircraft to India, an Indian defence source said.

U.S. President Donald Trump has made being tough on China a key part of his campaign to secure a second term in next week’s presidential election and Pompeo has been trying to bolster allies to counter China’s growing influence in the region.

China dismissed Pompeo’s accusations.

“We urge Pompeo to abandon his Cold War mentality, zero-sum mindset, and stop harping on the ‘China threat’,” Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin told a news briefing in Beijing earlier on Tuesday.

India has its own problems with China.

In June, 20 Indian soldiers were killed in a clash with Chinese troops on their high-altitude border, hardening the mood in India against China and driving Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government to seek closer military ties with the United States.

Jaishankar did not refer directly to China in his comments at the news conference but hailed “national security convergences” with the United States and their determination to tackle security and counter-terrorism issues and ensure peace and stability in the Indo-Pacific region.

This month, India invited Australia to join naval drills it holds each year with the United States and Japan, brushing off Chinese concerns that the exercises destabilise the region.
    Told you assholes about this over a month ago. Most didnt believe me. Russia is the next get. Right now its on the wink and the nod but THEY ARE WITH US. U.S, India, Russia, Japan, South Korea, Australia. Basically a new SEATO. Either they are going down,....or we are but business as usual cant and wont continue. THEY caused this.....

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you are having a slip of the brain.......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So why wait till now, a week before the election??
    you think they did this all in a day?......as to why they announced it a week before the election, that should be obvious.......to draw attention to foreign policy the week before the election when you are running against a demmycrat candidate who is afraid to talk about foreign policy........

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Irony is that all of this could have been accomplished with TPP, an agreement of the Far East nations with those involved with NAFTA to basically encircle China financially, but we know who killed that one thinking he was going to get his own separate deal with each individual nation, make a "deal"
    I was not in favor of the deal, & even the dems/hillary turned against it but working it out would have been better then just dumping it wholesale-making the inroads for China smooth & easy-no competition..

While most of southEastAsia is still independent, china is working them into vassalage day by day, dollar by dollar..

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Told you assholes about this over a month ago. Most didnt believe me. Russia is the next get. Right now its on the wink and the nod but THEY ARE WITH US. U.S, India, Russia, Japan, South Korea, Australia. Basically a new SEATO. Either they are going down,....or we are but business as usual cant and wont continue. THEY caused this.....
    Why you wanna start that again?? No one is calling you an asshole........ Eventhough you do @ times deserve it...........

If you want to have a decent conversation, pls act accordingly, thanks.............

If you did, I never read it, so why not link to it or simply state it......................

I have no idea what you are talking about.... I have also been talking about China's intentions for several months~ w/ Asia, & it does not exclude Russia, specifically the far east, parts of central asia & even some claims to all or most of Siberia.........