Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The India Card: U.S. warns of threat China, signs military pact w India

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Werewolf The India Card: U.S. warns of threat China, signs military pact w India

I think it is good to have positive relations w/ India but why wait till now??

Better late than never~naked & open move to contain China but no silk roads lead to India......

If Biden is elected this is a strategy I hope he looks @..

Trump preparing for war??

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The United States and India signed a pact to share sensitive satellite and map data on Tuesday as U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo warned of the threat posed by an increasingly assertive China.

Pompeo, who arrived in New Delhi on Monday along with Defense Secretary Mark Esper, said after talks with their Indian counterparts that the two countries had to work together to confront the threat China posed to security and freedom.

The annual U.S.-India strategic dialogue comes at a time of heightened tension in the region, with Indian troops confronting Chinese forces on their disputed Himalayan border.

“Big things are happening as our democracies align to better protect the citizens of our two countries and indeed, of the free world,” Pompeo told reporters after the talks with Indian Foreign Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar and Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.

“Our leaders, and our citizens, see with increasing clarity that the Chinese Communist Party is no friend to democracy, the rule of law, transparency, nor to freedom of navigation, the foundation of a free and open, prosperous Indo-Pacific,” Pompeo said.

The new defence pact - the Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement on Geospatial Cooperation - was a “significant milestone” that would foster cooperation between the militaries of both countries, Esper told the news conference.

The United States planned to sell more fighter planes and drones to India, Esper added. The pact will give India access to a range of topographical, nautical and aeronautical data that is considered vital for targeting of missiles and armed drones.

It would also allow the United States to provide advanced navigational aids and avionics on U.S.-supplied aircraft to India, an Indian defence source said.

U.S. President Donald Trump has made being tough on China a key part of his campaign to secure a second term in next week’s presidential election and Pompeo has been trying to bolster allies to counter China’s growing influence in the region.

China dismissed Pompeo’s accusations.

“We urge Pompeo to abandon his Cold War mentality, zero-sum mindset, and stop harping on the ‘China threat’,” Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin told a news briefing in Beijing earlier on Tuesday.

India has its own problems with China.

In June, 20 Indian soldiers were killed in a clash with Chinese troops on their high-altitude border, hardening the mood in India against China and driving Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government to seek closer military ties with the United States.

Jaishankar did not refer directly to China in his comments at the news conference but hailed “national security convergences” with the United States and their determination to tackle security and counter-terrorism issues and ensure peace and stability in the Indo-Pacific region.

This month, India invited Australia to join naval drills it holds each year with the United States and Japan, brushing off Chinese concerns that the exercises destabilise the region.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

now the lib'ruls hate India?.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

A slight tangent: What india does and what happens between India and Pakistan will have a huge impact on how the New Chinese Empire develops.

I have been trying to figure out India and what India will do for near seven years....I still dont get it....it does not seem like anyone else does either.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    now the lib'ruls hate India?.....
    Pls don't comment w/out reading it first........ You have enough problems w/ comprehension as it is......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I read it.......I'm wondering why you feel it is wrong to affirm alliance with India.......I suppose as a Biden supporter you would prefer if we allied with CHina against India......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,680 Times in 27,325 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

“Big things are happening as our democracies align to better protect the citizens of our two countries and indeed, of the free world,” Pompeo told reporters
    Republicans both in politics and on message boards have spent careers claiming we are not a democracy... As well as openly articulating hostility to democracy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (10-28-2020)

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Republicans both in politics and on message boards have spent careers claiming we are not a democracy... As well as openly articulating hostility to democracy.
    rhetoric does not change the reality of social structures.......

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

rhetoric does not change the reality of social structures.......
    rhetoric= civilized word for lying.

So which is it?

Rightwing message board posters are lying that we are not a democracy?

Or is Secretary of State Pompeo is lying that we are a democracy?

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So which is it?

what America is is clearly defined within the Constitution and historical definitions of political structures........your posts = civilized lying......

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

what America is is clearly defined within the Constitution and historical definitions of political structures........your posts = civilized lying......
    Your own Secretary of State, conservative Republican Pompeo, said on the public record that America is a democracy.

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I think it is good to have positive relations w/ India but why wait till now??

Better late than never~naked & open move to contain China but no silk roads lead to India......

If Biden is elected this is a strategy I hope he looks @..
    Beijing Biden?? ROFL you cannot be serious. he was asked last week if China is a strategic threat
    and AGAIN said they are only competitors

So I can't see how he could possibly grasp the geopolitics here -especially since he has said he's going to undo all of Trumps policies on China

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cool, my employer has offices in India.

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

I used to think this was all about Kashmir -but I'm increasingly convinced Modi wants to schism away from China
    and go under US security blanket

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Stone (10-28-2020)

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Your own Secretary of State, conservative Republican Pompeo, said on the public record that America is a democracy.
    and the last time I looked, that did not amend the Constitution.......

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Sailor (10-28-2020)

18. #15 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,612 Times in 17,052 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

So which is it?

...or was Obama lying too?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.