Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The case for stripping the Supreme Court of its power

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Default The case for stripping the Supreme Court of its power

Considering SCOTUS has become so corrupted as a result of tRump's un American influence that has turned SCOTUS into a enemy of the State and a hostile mob against society, defeats the purpose of why the SCOTUS was created at not being created to wage war on Democracy. This includes aiding foreign enemies who desire for Democracy to be destroyed from within, violating the law it was put there to defend that being Constitutional law and being a right wing extremist threat to voting rights at becoming a terrorist organization that has alienated itself from defending Democracy, defending U.S. Constitutional law and defending the well being of society. Not only has tRump killed the republican party by causing it to be a un American cesspool of treason, sedition and other destructive endeavors against society and humanity but also SCOTUS too at being packed with right wing extremists who are a threat and a serious liability. Also as a result of the constant urge to vote, why have a SCOTUS that has become a mob of so-called republican dominated and unqualified tRump cronies who are a threat to voting rights. This in order to suck up to the will of this lawlessly hacked in criminal against humanity tRump? This includes these so-called justices of sedition who have betrayed society who have failed America.

A Harvard law professor on whether it’s time to rethink the nation’s highest court.

Author’s note, October 27: This conversation occurred in October 2018, shortly after Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court. After Amy Coney Barrett’s rushed confirmation to the Court, just a week before the 2020 election, it feels newly relevant.

When he was arguing for the ratification of the Constitution, Alexander Hamilton wrote that the judiciary “will always be the least dangerous branch to the political rights of the Constitution,” in part because he believed the federal courts would stand above the political fray and act as a bulwark against tyranny from all directions.

But it’s hard to defend the Supreme Court on these grounds today.

As my colleague Matthew Yglesias has argued, the Court is now a blunt political instrument, used repeatedly to undermine outcomes of democratic governance — often on behalf of corporate interests. And the recent disaster that was the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation has further delegitimized the Court in the public’s mind.

So it’s perfectly reasonable to ask if we should abolish the Supreme Court, or at the very least strip the Court of its ability to overturn laws that it rules unconstitutional. If the Court is no longer a neutral arbiter of the law, if it’s gradually shape-shifting into a partisan weapon, then maybe it’s time to rethink its role in our constitutional system."

https://www.vox.com/2018/10/12/17950...t-mark-tushnet
    Last edited by gemini104104; 10-29-2020 at 01:11 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Groan At gemini104104 For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-02-2020), ExpressLane (10-27-2020), Matt Dillon (10-27-2020)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gemini104104 For This Post:

moon (10-27-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

demmycrats on a roll.......next they'll want to cancel the executive branch and the senate......if you can't beat em, eliminate em......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Darth Omar (10-28-2020), Earl (11-02-2020), ExpressLane (10-27-2020), Granule (10-28-2020), Grokmaster (10-27-2020), MAGA MAN (10-27-2020)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    demmycrats on a roll.......next they'll want to cancel the executive branch and the senate......if you can't beat em, eliminate em......
    They are pathetic.

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by saltydancin View Post
    strip the Court of its ability to overturn laws that it rules unconstitutional.

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,126 Times in 9,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post
    Considering SCOTUS has become so corrupted as a result of tRump's un American influence that has turned SCOTUS into a enemy of the State and a hostile mob against society, defeats the purpose of why the SCOTUS was created at not being created to wage war on Democracy. This includes aiding foreign enemies who desire for Democracy to be destroyed from within, violating the law it was put there to defend that being Constitutional law and being a right wing extremes threat to voting rights at becoming a terrorist organization that has alienated itself from defending Democracy, defending U.S. Constitutional law and defending the well being of society. Not only has tRump killed the republican party by causing it to be a un American cesspool of treason, sedition and other destructive endeavors against society and humanity but also SCOTUS too at being packed with right wing extremists who are a threat and a serious liability. Also as a result of the constant urge to vote, why have a SCOTUS that has become a mob of so-called republican dominated and unqualified tRump cronies who are a threat to voting right in order to suck up to the will of this lawlessly hacked in criminal against humanity tRump? This includes these so-called justices of sedition who have betrayed society that they are there to protect:

A Harvard law professor on whether it’s time to rethink the nation’s highest court.

Author’s note, October 27: This conversation occurred in October 2018, shortly after Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court. After Amy Coney Barrett’s rushed confirmation to the Court, just a week before the 2020 election, it feels newly relevant.

When he was arguing for the ratification of the Constitution, Alexander Hamilton wrote that the judiciary “will always be the least dangerous branch to the political rights of the Constitution,” in part because he believed the federal courts would stand above the political fray and act as a bulwark against tyranny from all directions.

As my colleague Matthew Yglesias has argued, the Court is now a blunt political instrument, used repeatedly to undermine outcomes of democratic governance — often on behalf of corporate interests. And the recent disaster that was the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation has further delegitimized the Court in the public’s mind.

So it’s perfectly reasonable to ask if we should abolish the Supreme Court, or at the very least strip the Court of its ability to overturn laws that it rules unconstitutional. If the Court is no longer a neutral arbiter of the law, if it’s gradually shape-shifting into a partisan weapon, then maybe it’s time to rethink its role in our constitutional system."

this guy is retarded. so are you.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hermes Thoth For This Post:

Earl (11-02-2020), ExpressLane (10-27-2020), MAGA MAN (10-27-2020)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

or at the very least strip the Court of its ability to overturn laws that it rules unconstitutional.
    gosh, I wonder if stripping the court of its ability to overturn laws that are unconstitutional would be unconstitutional........this poses a conundrum for the demmycrats, since the SC would probably overturn the very law that the House passed to strip the court of its power to overturn unconstitutional laws........

so its perfectly reasonable to ask......
    is it really?.......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (11-02-2020), ExpressLane (10-27-2020), MAGA MAN (10-27-2020)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    this guy is retarded. so are you.
    They're leftists. What did you expect?

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,395 Times in 6,142 Posts
    Blog Entries

If the Court is no longer a neutral arbiter of the law, if it’s gradually shape-shifting into a partisan weapon, then maybe it’s time to rethink its role in our constitutional system."

It's past time.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,654 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Considering SCOTUS has become so corrupted as a result of tRump's un American influence that has turned SCOTUS into a enemy of the State and a hostile mob against society, defeats the purpose of why the SCOTUS was created at not being created to wage war on Democracy. This includes aiding foreign enemies who desire for Democracy to be destroyed from within, violating the law it was put there to defend that being Constitutional law and being a right wing extremes threat to voting rights at becoming a terrorist organization that has alienated itself from defending Democracy, defending U.S. Constitutional law and defending the well being of society. Not only has tRump killed the republican party by causing it to be a un American cesspool of treason, sedition and other destructive endeavors against society and humanity but also SCOTUS too at being packed with right wing extremists who are a threat and a serious liability. Also as a result of the constant urge to vote, why have a SCOTUS that has become a mob of so-called republican dominated and unqualified tRump cronies who are a threat to voting right in order to suck up to the will of this lawlessly hacked in criminal against humanity tRump? This includes these so-called justices of sedition who have betrayed society that they are there to protect:

Which Supreme Court decision created all these terrible problems?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

ExpressLane (10-27-2020)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    It's past time.
    do the Kanookians have a supreme court?.......

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (11-02-2020), ExpressLane (10-27-2020)

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Roe v Wade.......since 1972 all the smart children have been killed before birth.......

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Considering SCOTUS has become so corrupted as a result of tRump's un American influence that has turned SCOTUS into a enemy of the State and a hostile mob against society, defeats the purpose of why the SCOTUS was created at not being created to wage war on Democracy. This includes aiding foreign enemies who desire for Democracy to be destroyed from within, violating the law it was put there to defend that being Constitutional law and being a right wing extremist threat to voting rights at becoming a terrorist organization that has alienated itself from defending Democracy, defending U.S. Constitutional law and defending the well being of society. Not only has tRump killed the republican party by causing it to be a un American cesspool of treason, sedition and other destructive endeavors against society and humanity but also SCOTUS too at being packed with right wing extremists who are a threat and a serious liability. Also as a result of the constant urge to vote, why have a SCOTUS that has become a mob of so-called republican dominated and unqualified tRump cronies who are a threat to voting rights. This in order to suck up to the will of this lawlessly hacked in criminal against humanity tRump? This includes these so-called justices of sedition who have betrayed society that they are there to protect:

HOW VERY STALINIST OF YOU , COMRADE.

IF YOU CANNOT CONTROL/BLACKMAIL THEM, THEY MUST BE ELIMINATED.

GOOD LUCK AMENDING THE CONSTITUTION OVER YOUR SOUR GRAPES...
    Last edited by Grokmaster; 10-27-2020 at 08:02 PM.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Celticguy (10-28-2020), Earl (11-02-2020), ExpressLane (10-27-2020)

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,654 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Roe v Wade.......since 1972 all the smart children have been killed before birth.......
    The OP referred to recent conservative appointments to the court causing the (overblown) problems.

Republicans have had 47 years to do something about Roe and they have not even tried even they they controlled the White House and Congress. About the only thing they could do is propose and push for a constitutional amendment which they have not done. They get more mileage by being anti-abortion than actually stopping abortion.

Abortion was legal under different circumstances in 20 states before Roe.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

ExpressLane (10-27-2020)

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

There is NO case for that. Leftists are butthurt retards!

Where is OP in this pic?

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

Earl (11-02-2020), ExpressLane (10-27-2020), Grokmaster (10-27-2020)

26. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    One can be in a state of delusional denial all they want but reality is there and it speaks volumes when it comes to a right wing extremist packed SCOTUS that is a threat on Democracy and U.S. Constitutional law:

The Supreme Court, gerrymandering, and the Republican turn against democracy
    A bigger threat to American democracy than Donald Trump.

The Supreme Court’s Thursday morning ruling in Rucho v. Common Cause amounts to a blank check for partisan gerrymandering. Chief Justice John Roberts’s opinion holds that federal courts should not have the power to declare particular maps unconstitutional, as doing so would be “unprecedented expansion of judicial power ... into one of the most intensely partisan aspects of American political life.”

What this means, in practice, is that local authorities get to decide on the shape of House and state legislative districts. Parties that control statehouses will be freer to not only cement their own hold on power but ensure that their party sends more representatives to Washington as well.

While Republicans and Democrats both gerrymander, there is no doubt that Republicans do it more and more shamelessly. North Carolina Rep. David Lewis, who helped draw one of the maps at issue in Rucho, was admirably honest about his motives in a 2016 statehouse speech.

“I think electing Republicans is better than electing Democrats,” he explained. “So I drew this map in a way to help foster what I think is better for the country.”
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...cans-democracy

27. The Following 2 Users Groan At gemini104104 For This Awful Post: