Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Southern old people. A question.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Southern old people. A question.

I hear you are very careful about covid, wear your mask, don't gather as much, eschew personal visits with dear relatives and otherwise act like a responsible Democrat.

I hear you love religion and have faith and hold out hope for an afterlife, but vote for a fornicating Orange faithless retard who bludgeons his way to a bible wafting photo op, rather than the God fearing Christian who actually attends service and when invoking his creator's name, actually says a few words about his beliefs.

WTF is wrong with you?

I can see no rational basis to favor the Orange45* lying criminal conman grifting sociopath over the decent honorable and moderate candidate for the Democrats.

Explain yourselves, old white folk.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (10-27-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    I hear you are very careful about covid, wear your mask, don't gather as much, eschew personal visits with dear relatives and otherwise act like a responsible Democrat.

I hear you love religion and have faith and hold out hope for an afterlife, but vote for a fornicating Orange faithless retard who bludgeons his way to a bible wafting photo op, rather than the God fearing Christian who actually attends service and when invoking his creator's name, actually says a few words about his beliefs.

WTF is wrong with you?

I can see no rational basis to favor the Orange45* lying criminal conman grifting sociopath over the decent honorable and moderate candidate for the Democrats.

Can you say 'Amy Barrett' ? (Bye bye Roe v. Wade)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

WTF is wrong with you?

Why dont you explain why you're voting for the lying racist groping imbecile Joe and his kamal? Beyond that nobody give a fuck what you see asshole

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Can you say 'Amy Barrett' ? (Bye bye Roe v. Wade)
    Roe v Wade isnt going anywhere you dumbass fuck stick

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Roe v Wade isnt going anywhere you dumbass fuck stick
    Then why was Amy rammed through the Senate 7 days before the Election?

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Then why was Amy rammed through the Senate 7 days before the Election?
    First she wasnt "rammed through". Next unless a legislative body somewhere passes a law to make abortion illegal, row v wade isn't going anywhere. Seems unlikely. Lastly trump had the chance to nominate a third justice and he took it. Tell me you leftist shit stains wouldn't have done the same thing. I dare you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

Matt Dillon (10-27-2020)

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

First she wasnt "rammed through". Next unless a legislative body somewhere passes a law to make abortion illegal, row v wade isn't going anywhere. Seems unlikely. Lastly trump had the chance to nominate a third justice and he took it. Tell me you leftist shit stains wouldn't have done the same thing. I dare you.
    Christians don't like Queers. Things will probably start going downhill for those guys.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Christians don't like Queers. Things will probably start going downhill for those guys.
    I have no fucking idea what that has to do with what I said.

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

I’ll bite. I guess I’m an old person and I do live in “Little Dixie.”

As for your first point, it is my experience that the “older” people I am around eschew the wearing of masks. They don’t gather socially as much because their children (some of us in our 50’s and 60’s ... even 70’s as my FIL’s mother is nearing 100) are the ones cancelling such gatherings. In our congregation, which is a reflection of our community, the ratio of mask wearers to non mask wearers is about 1 to 2. Of our congregants over 80, none of them wear masks. One couple in their 70’s wears them and the rest of the mask wearers are below 60 years old.

While we believe strongly in the after life, there is no need to rush our departure from here. Like the aged Paul said, “(paraphrased) It is hard for me to decide and the decision is difficult. For me to die and be with Christ is desirable but it is better for others (because I can teach them) if I live a little longer.” But he had already decided and stated that for him to live is good [for Christ] but to die was gain [to him]. So most of our older folks do what they need to do to stay healthy no matter the virus. Our over 80 crowd that do not wear masks are just stubborn...that’s all I can figure.

But how can we/they decide to vote for Trump over Biden? Because most of the older religious folks who I know look at both of them and compare what they see to Their Bible and judge (Yes, Christians judge. They’re supposed to. I John 4:1 But they’re also supposed to use the right measuring stick when they do. John 7:24) both of these men not to be men whose speech and actions are to be emulated. Neither is an example of a Christian in their judgment. So then it comes down to policy to finalize their choice.

When they look at what Trump has done since he’s been in office and what Biden has done and promises to do should he be elected, most of them choose Trump. These older Christians are never going to support expanding the ability to get abortions, they’re never going to accept the LGBT position. They are always going to vote that able bodied people should work for a living. That’s been my observation during my 54 years here.
    Last edited by leaningright; 10-27-2020 at 01:17 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Darth Omar (10-27-2020), Sailor (10-27-2020)

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have no fucking idea what that has to do with what I said.
    Does not surprise me.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,660 Times in 4,439 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

WTF is wrong with you?

You sure accepted someone's simplistic bigoted stereotype on that one.

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,969 Times in 14,556 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

WTF is wrong with you?

Why would a Christian support anyone who supports late term abortion? Yes Trump is an adulterer but that is between him and his God. Supporting late term abortion kills someone else.

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

WTF is wrong with you?

I’ll take their case, and I am not a conservative, but it is easy, and logical from their view

They don’t care for Trump personally, realize he is distasteful, but he has accomplished some of the goals they wanted to see done, most visible being the Courts and Tax cut. Now, many of the items they think Trump did he really didn’t, keep in mind they are living largely in the Fox bubble, but from where they stand, he is a better choice than a Democrat who they view as working counter to their views

That is a conservative, not a Trumpkin, Trumpkins are a whole different species

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    I’ll bite. I guess I’m an old person and I do live in “Little Dixie.”

As for your first point, it is my experience that the “older” people I am around eschew the wearing of masks. They don’t gather socially as much because their children (some of us in our 50’s and 60’s ... even 70’s as my FIL’s mother is nearing 100) are the ones cancelling such gatherings. In our congregation, which is a reflection of our community, the ratio of mask wearers to non mask wearers is about 1 to 2. Of our congregants over 80, none of them wear masks. One couple in their 70’s wears them and the rest of the mask wearers are below 60 years old.

While we believe strongly in the after life, there is no need to rush our departure from here. Like the aged Paul said, “(paraphrased) It is hard for me to decide and the decision is difficult. For me to die and be with Christ is desirable but it is better for others (because I can teach them) if I live a little longer.” But he had already decided and stated that for him to live is good [for Christ] but to die was gain [to him]. So most of our older folks do what they need to do to stay healthy no matter the virus. Our over 80 crowd that do not wear masks are just stubborn...that’s all I can figure.

But how can we/they decide to vote for Trump over Biden? Because most of the older religious folks who I know look at both of them and compare what they see to Their Bible and judge (Yes, Christians judge. They’re supposed to. I John 4:1 But they’re also supposed to use the right measuring stick when they do. John 7:24) both of these men not to be men whose speech and actions are to be emulated. Neither is an example of a Christian in their judgment. So then it comes down to policy to finalize their choice.

When they look at what Trump has done since he’s bee in office and what Biden has done and promises to do should he be elected, most of them choose Trump. These older Christians are never going to support expanding the ability to get abortions, they’re never going to accept the LGBT position. They are always going to vote that able bodied people should work for a living. That’s been my observation during my 54 years here.
    Uh oh, makes sense. 5 yrs. ago this would cause McSlobber to blow a gasket. Nov. 2016 he became catatonic so his normal response is to claim to ignore you once he crawls out from beneath a rock.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Sailor (10-27-2020)

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Does not surprise me.
    Then you will wonder why I wouldn't piss on a leftist if they were on fire.