Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: If you have any doubt Beer Ball Brett is Trump’s man, Wisconsin case proves it:

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,621 Times in 10,578 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Damocles,

Baseless fearmongering. Just because Republican operatives call something "keep counting until we win" doesn't mean Democrats said that.

This goes back to selective information sources. Confirmation bias.

It is absurd to believe what Republicans SAY Democrats said over what Democrats ACTUALLY SAID.

Democrats don't put words into the mouths of Republicans. All Democrats have to do is quote Republicans directly and respond.

Republicans can't get enough of a rise out of listeners by straight up quoting Democrats so they have to make things up.

Democrats object to what Republicans actually say.

Republicans object to their own straw man versions of Democrats.

It is not 'keep counting until we win.' (a Republican generated soundbyte) It is: keep counting until all the valid ballots have been counted. The results will be determined by the voters, not the ballot counters.

It is in everyone's interest to have a verified election process.

If the election process is not trusted by Americans we have no basis to have a country. Our country is then in jeopardy.

We must do everything possible to have the most verified election process possible.

That does not include tactics meant to exclude valid ballots.
    It does not change the reality of what I saw or the reaction of folks like you and the media. You, and they, want the person who gets the "votes" on those "ballots" to win so you are willing to ignore what was stated and tell me it isn't real. These ballots they "found" were not verified, and were separate from the verification information we use to verify them and came from somewhere that verification doesn't take place, they should not have been counted.

Tactics to exclude invalid ballots or those cast after the election is over aren't "tactics" they are what the law says should happen.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Minister of Truth (10-29-2020), Phantasmal (10-29-2020)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,260 Times in 33,910 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,089 Times in 4,704 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Damocles,

A video? Who is this person? Who took the video? Is it real or staged? If this is sincere, and somebody is stupid enough to pay for votes, how do they know they are getting what they paid for? Where is the in-depth investigative journalism validation of names that got paid to vote? How does she deliver these votes? Where is the follow up? Looks to me like she is just running a scam, collecting money, and then there is no agreement on verifying that the payer got what they paid for. If that really occurred and it is valid, it would be big giant news picked up by the mainstream media. It wasn't. It's like salacious tabloid stuff. There is a reason it is only on that one obscure website.

Look at what wiki says about it:

"Project Veritas is an American right-wing activist group founded by James O'Keefe in 2010.[1][2][3][4] The group uses undercover techniques to reveal supposed liberal bias and corruption[1] and is known for producing deceptively edited videos about media organizations and left-leaning groups.[5][2][6][7][8][9][10] In a 2018 book on propaganda and disinformation in U.S. politics, three Harvard University scholars refer to Project Veritas as a "right-wing disinformation outfit".[11] "
    Here is an article on another of Veratis’ recent fraudulent claims. I won’t be surprised if this incident is found to be suspect.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...-omar.amp.html

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-29-2020)

5. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,861 Times in 17,284 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,603 Times in 4,280 Posts

Votes postmarked before election day are clean votes and should be counted. They do not overthrow an election., They are the election.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-29-2020)

7. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Damocles,

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    It does not change the reality of what I saw or the reaction of folks like you and the media. You, and they, want the person who gets the "votes" on those "ballots" to win so you are willing to ignore what was stated and tell me it isn't real. These ballots they "found" were not verified, and were separate from the verification information we use to verify them and came from somewhere that verification doesn't take place, they should not have been counted.

Tactics to exclude invalid ballots or those cast after the election is over aren't "tactics" they are what the law says should happen.
    The election has not been completed. It is actually 50 separate elections. Many many people are involved in ensuring that the election is as verified as possible. Nobody has any basis to try to claim we should have results on election night, or that ongoing ballot counting should not proceed. The president is already saying wrong things, that we should expect results on Nov 3rd, and that if counting is incomplete it somehow means the election is rigged. That's bogus.

I have had enough of his attempts to destroy our government.

He needs to go.

I hope enough of the country agrees to toss him OUT.

He is the president. If the country is screwed up, it's on HIM.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Here is an article on another of Veratis’ recent fraudulent claims. I won’t be surprised if this incident is found to be suspect.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...-omar.amp.html
    Donald Trump is the greatest source of disinformation in the USA. He amplifies unsupported fake news circulated by his surrogates. Confirmation bias fuel from the most prominent propaganda peddler.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    ”In Wisconsin decision, Supreme Court foreshadows election night cliffhanger”

“Those States want to avoid the chaos and suspicions of impropriety that can ensue if thousands of absentee ballots flow in after election day and potentially flip the results of an election,” Kavanaughwrote in a concurring opinion released Monday night. “And those States also want to be able to definitively announce the results of the election on election night, or as soon as possible thereafter.”

“Justice Elena Kagan used her dissenting opinion in the Wisconsin case”

“Justice Kavanaugh alleges that ‘suspicions of impropriety’ will result if ‘absentee ballots flow in after election day and potentially flip the results of an election,’” Kagan wrote, joined by Justices Stephen Breyer and Sonia Sotomayor.“

“But there are no results to ‘flip’ until all valid votes are counted. And nothing could be more ‘suspicio[us]’ or ‘improp[er]’ than refusing to tally votes once the clock strikes 12 on election night. To suggest otherwise, especially in these fractious times, is to disserve the electoral process.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...fhanger-432725

Now who is the one politician out there raising fears regarding mail in voting and wants the election called election night? And here we have Beer Ball mirroring those beliefs, makes you wonder if Beer Ball also took that secret twilight Uber to the White House that has become so popular with conservatives

Got to love Kagan’s reply, how can you flip an election that hasn’t been decided till all the votes are counted?
    Kagan is a retard/progressive. Ballots that arrive after election day are, by definition, improper.

10. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,621 Times in 10,578 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Kagan is a retard/progressive. Ballots that arrive after election day are, by definition, improper.
    Yes. Unless they are from overseas military who have specific exceptions in that same law. There is a reason that we have radio ads telling folks to walk their ballot to a drop box rather than mail it at this time, you cannot be assured it will arrive before election day.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

RB 60 (10-30-2020)