Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you have any doubt Beer Ball Brett is Trump’s man, Wisconsin case proves it:

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Republicans are trying to use the pandemic to rig the election and shut out legitimate votes.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,607 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    You are using this organization as proof? Wow, this group is known for more fabrications than factual reporting. I’m shocked you use them as a source.
    No they aren't. They are known for editing, like all news sources do for stories they put out, and the left uses that as an "excuse" to pretend that means the story wasn't true. The reality is they catch these people using their own big boy and big girl words to incriminate themselves.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    You reveal everything by putting the word vote in quotation marks. It's an implication that the vote is not legitimate. What are you afraid of? Seems no one wants to answer this question:

If a vote is legitimately cast (ballot completed, vote mailed and postmarked) before election day, what is the rationale for not counting that vote. The ONLY rationale is suppression. Period.
    That would not be suppression. That would be election-tampering.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Damocles,

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I am "afraid" of your compatriots manufacturing votes to "find" on Funk & Wagnell's porch, or the backseat of the neighbor's creepy van, or a "poll workers" trunk... I believe that every person who watches a "recount" where "new ballots" are "found" suddenly in cars or basements has a reasonable base reaction that believes that ballots unattached to verification information "found" in the backseat of your car just might be manufactured in an attempt to overturn an election. And it isn't the "ONLY" rationale, that's absurd.
    Have no such fears.

We must trust the ballot validation process.

Valid ballots must count.

Bogus ballots must be thrown out.

All ballots will be verified prior to being counted.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Damocles,

My "fear" is based on reality. Folks do not trust "poll workers" who "find" ballots after the election is over to be telling the truth. When it is illegal to collect the "evidence" you must rely on logic and reality.
    That is why we have a ballot validation process.

Here is the big giant hole in your argument: You refuse to address the question of why valid ballots voted on time should not count.

Why should valid ballots voted on time not count?

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 183 Times in 177 Posts

And again. True. Pretending that folks will not question the veracity of "found" votes and votes received after the deadline suddenly changing results is just that... Pretense. It's an absurdity to believe that nobody will question that.

At some point an election ends and you do not get to keep "finding" votes, even if you really hate the person who won. (And yes, this works both ways).
    If we listen to your debunked canard about votes "found" in trunks of cars, then why couldn't the same happen BEFORE election day? Oh yeah, you know that they come in the mail in sealed ballots, but it's more fun to create fictional scenarios of ballots being dropped off on Nov. 4th via dump truck, you fucking moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    Actually I have a nice penis

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 183 Times in 177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Damocles,

That is why we have a ballot validation process.

Here is the big giant hole in your argument: You refuse to address the question of why valid ballots voted on time should not count.

Why should valid ballots voted on time not count?
    Simple: Because it would mean his team loses.

Teams and shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    Actually I have a nice penis

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Damocles,

You are wrong. My "fear" is based on reality.
    A video? Who is this person? Who took the video? Is it real or staged? If this is sincere, and somebody is stupid enough to pay for votes, how do they know they are getting what they paid for? Where is the in-depth investigative journalism validation of names that got paid to vote? How does she deliver these votes? Where is the follow up? Looks to me like she is just running a scam, collecting money, and then there is no agreement on verifying that the payer got what they paid for. If that really occurred and it is valid, it would be big giant news picked up by the mainstream media. It wasn't. It's like salacious tabloid stuff. There is a reason it is only on that one obscure website.

Look at what wiki says about it:

"Project Veritas is an American right-wing activist group founded by James O'Keefe in 2010.[1][2][3][4] The group uses undercover techniques to reveal supposed liberal bias and corruption[1] and is known for producing deceptively edited videos about media organizations and left-leaning groups.[5][2][6][7][8][9][10] In a 2018 book on propaganda and disinformation in U.S. politics, three Harvard University scholars refer to Project Veritas as a "right-wing disinformation outfit".[11] "

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (10-29-2020)

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

No they aren't. They are known for editing, like all news sources do for stories they put out, and the left uses that as an "excuse" to pretend that means the story wasn't true. The reality is they catch these people using their own big boy and big girl words to incriminate themselves.
    You fool yourself. You need to do more research on this sham of an organization. O’Keefe is a fraud.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (10-29-2020), PoliTalker (10-29-2020)

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    You fool yourself. You need to do more research on this sham of an organization. O’Keefe is a fraud.
    I've read all the "research" from the left on this already, it's how I know that it is pretense to say that is is fraud. While he is sensationalist, and does edit his reports like everybody else or every news story would be at least hours long, he really does catch these folks saying what they say.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

13. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Here is what Bretty ruled. It was sloppy and embarrassing. https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...uling-1081977/
    Republicans: "Let's keep people from voting."

14. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Damocles,

Not for stacks of ballots "found" on the back of Funk & Wagnell's porch they don't. What happens, what happened before my eyes in Denver, is that they "find" ballots unattached to the verification documentation (envelopes, signatures, etc we use to verify votes) and say they were "already verified", but they weren't. Verification happens in the polling station, not in the back seat of Wilma's car.

(I work as a polling judge... this is personal experience, I am the source).
    If that happens as you say it is a legitimate concern. And if it does, it will be in the mainstream news. I remain confident that our election will not come down to a box of unverified ballots. Only certified ballots should be counted, and all certified ballots should be counted as long as they were voted prior to the deadline for voting.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (10-29-2020)

16. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Damocles,

If that happens as you say it is a legitimate concern. And if it does, it will be in the mainstream news. I remain confident that our election will not come down to a box of unverified ballots. Only certified ballots should be counted, and all certified ballots should be counted as long as they were voted prior to the deadline for voting.
    It hits the news as part of a lawsuit where they are suing to count the ballots found in the back of some lady's car... Then the leftist judge appointed by Bill Ritter rules they get to count them and the story dies there without any curiosity from the news. This is the "keep counting until we win" strategy in motion. It happens all the time. It's what you have happening during almost any recount everywhere.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

17. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Why would somebody who is clearly doing something illegal (selling votes) allow herself to be videoed doing it?

She is careful enough to stipulate that all payments must in in cash (like some kind of big drug deal,) but she has no problem being videoed by somebody riding in her car with her?

It makes zero sense.

Where is the mainstream news story about her being arrested for selling votes?

There isn't one because it is a bogus vid.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (10-29-2020)

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Damocles,

It hits the news as part of a lawsuit where they are suing to count the ballots found in the back of some lady's car... Then the leftist judge appointed by Bill Ritter rules they get to count them and the story dies there without any curiosity from the news. This is the "keep counting until we win" strategy in motion. It happens all the time. It's what you have happening during almost any recount everywhere.
    Baseless fearmongering. Just because Republican operatives call something "keep counting until we win" doesn't mean Democrats said that.

This goes back to selective information sources. Confirmation bias.

It is absurd to believe what Republicans SAY Democrats said over what Democrats ACTUALLY SAID.

Democrats don't put words into the mouths of Republicans. All Democrats have to do is quote Republicans directly and respond.

Republicans can't get enough of a rise out of listeners by straight up quoting Democrats so they have to make things up.

Democrats object to what Republicans actually say.

Republicans object to their own straw man versions of Democrats.

It is not 'keep counting until we win.' (a Republican generated soundbyte) It is: keep counting until all the valid ballots have been counted. The results will be determined by the voters, not the ballot counters.

It is in everyone's interest to have a verified election process.

If the election process is not trusted by Americans we have no basis to have a country. Our country is then in jeopardy.

We must do everything possible to have the most verified election process possible.

That does not include tactics meant to exclude valid ballots.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (10-29-2020)