Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Why should we let votes overturn an election? Because that is what an election is?

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Panetta View Post
    I have no desire to move it, and I know how amendments work.
    Whether or not you have a desire has nothing to do with it. If you knew how amendments worked, you wouldn't have said "we could move it to a sooner date" unless you're a member of Congress.

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 8,274 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    no there aren't......we had a demmycrat fuckwit just last week claim there was only one early ballot place in Houston.......there were 122.......you people don't even lie well......
    There is only one place to drop off early ballots in the entire County of Dallas. If there are 122 as you claim, provide some proof.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/27/polit...xes/index.html

3. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

Earl (10-30-2020)

4. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

nobody is saying they shouldn't.......some states tried to say votes could be counted even if mailed 14 days AFTER the election was over......now what could possibly go wrong with that scenario.......
    Again, you are lying. They had to be mailed on or before the election day, but they could arrive several days later. The question is how much later they can arrive. The voter does not control how long the USPS will take to deliver the mail.

5. The Following User Groans At Walt For This Awful Post:

Earl (10-30-2020)

6. #139 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,509 Times in 16,972 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Again, you are lying. They had to be mailed on or before the election day, but they could arrive several days later. The question is how much later they can arrive. The voter does not control how long the USPS will take to deliver the mail.
    Then mail it in early enough to arrive in time. Simple, huh?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Earl (10-30-2020)

8. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 63 Times in 55 Posts
    Blog Entries

Uh, voting is the point, it is being United States of God dammed American. It is United States um your point?
    No seriously, your point?

Also known as WTF do you not get about about the flag, being American and stars and stripes other than being a manipulated fool?

Seriously?

9. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Beijing Buyden View Post
    are you really saying that you fucks can't get your ballot in and counted by midnight on November 3rd?
    You want me to count the ballots? Are you sure? The government counts the ballots.

Alaska does not even close their polls by Midnight on the EST. Many states close their polls at 9:00pm, so you would need to count all the votes by midnight. Then there are questions about provisional ballots, which would all have to be decided in a few late night hours. Remember that once added to the count, they are impossible to take out, which is why by tradition they are pondered for a while.

Kavanaugh does not seem to understand that we often have a prediction of who won by midnight, but have never been able to count all the votes by midnight.

Or maybe he does, and just wants to cheat.

10. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 63 Times in 55 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Then mail it in early enough to arrive in time. Simple, huh?
    I did. My point is why should I? Why do I have conditions to fucking vote. I AM A UNITED STATES, Mother fucking Citizen. Why the fuck as a United states citizen do I need your got damn opinion to fucking vote for MY life? You inbred self important idiot?
    You bring nothing to the table other than stupid hate and stupidity. Fuck you, I vote on principle as an Irishman, as a human, as a European, AS A HUMAN. You vote as a reactive pussy. Fuck you and your cult.

11. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

nobody is saying they shouldn't.......some states tried to say votes could be counted even if mailed 14 days AFTER the election was over......now what could possibly go wrong with that scenario.......
    Michigan was shut down by the court........they wanted to accept ballots 14 days after the election.......

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/17/92493...r-election-day
    and I think you are an idiot......which one of us wins?.......yay.......ME!!!!!......
    According to your own citation, the ballots would have to be sent before election day.
    A lower court had previously ruled that ballots postmarked by Nov. 2 and received within 14 days of Election Day, the deadline for certifying election results, could be counted.
    For context, Election Day is November 3rd, so these would be ballots mailed in BEFORE the election.

12. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    I asked you whether or not technology would allow us to inaugurate a President on November 4, 2020 based on current provisions in the Constitution and you refused to answer.
    That would be impossible. The final poll closes at 1:00am EST. To litigate all the issues of an election in 11 hours would be impossible. To plan out a transitional team in 11 hours would be impossible.

But we are getting back to Kavanaugh's original trick. He is trying to get a ridiculous deadline, so that he can cutoff any arguments. If they are bad arguments, you do not need to cut them off. So he is trying to cutoff good arguments.

13. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by crowonapost View Post
    I did. My point is why should I? Why do I have conditions to fucking vote. I AM A UNITED STATES, Mother fucking Citizen. Why the fuck as a United states citizen do I need your got damn opinion to fucking vote for MY life? You inbred self important idiot?
    You bring nothing to the table other than stupid hate and stupidity. Fuck you, I vote on principle as an Irishman, as a human, as a European, AS A HUMAN. You vote as a reactive pussy. Fuck you and your cult.
    Good for you. Yes, the United States has an election day. Yes, a DAY! not a week, not a month, but a DAY!
    Why, as an American citizen, do I need your opinion? If you mailed your vote in on time, why are you bitching? To hear yourself whine?
    Hate and stupidity? Isn't it you who is bringing the hate and stupidity? Irishman? Shit, you sound like a pussy. Every Irishman I've ever met
    is far more of a man than you are. Change your tampon, you fucking degenerate cunt.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

14. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    Kavanaugh argued that a free and fair election necessarily requires a "deadline" after which the counting ceases and a winner is declared. In what way is Kavanaugh in error?
    I stated at the beginning that we need a deadline, but midnight on election night is a bizarre deadline. Alaska polling stations have not even closed at that point.

There is nowhere in the Constitution that it even suggests midnight as a deadline, so Kavanaugh is just making laws up out of his own mind. If he wanted to do that, he should have gotten elected to a legislature.

15. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That would be impossible. The final poll closes at 1:00am EST. To litigate all the issues of an election in 11 hours would be impossible. To plan out a transitional team in 11 hours would be impossible.

But we are getting back to Kavanaugh's original trick. He is trying to get a ridiculous deadline, so that he can cutoff any arguments. If they are bad arguments, you do not need to cut them off. So he is trying to cutoff good arguments.
    How about we allow those mail-in ballots to arrive until 2022? Huh? Will that pacify you liberal cunts?

16. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

The impossibility has nothing to do with polls or transition teams. If you knew anything about the Constitution, you'd know why,.

We get it, boy. Nothing anything Trump or his appointees do is going to suit you left wingers. Because of your hate, you automatically oppose it without ever looking into it.

17. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

There is only one place to drop off early ballots in the entire County of Dallas. If there are 122 as you claim, provide some proof.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/27/polit...xes/index.html
    next time, read it the first time so I don't have to repeat it.....

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...66#post3995066
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

18. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Poor Richard Saunders,

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    Each state sets its own rules as to how the vote count occurs. All states don't certify the vote until at least a week after the election and some of them could take a month or more. The reason for that is because the process is built to check and double check that the vote count is correct. This is never done on the same day that voting occurs. The vote totals that are given out on election day are not certified. They are never complete and often contain minor errors in the counts.

As to votes that "trickle in". That is just nonsense on your part. How and when votes are received and how they are counted requires laws and rules. Laws are passed by legislatures. Rules are set up by the Secretary of State under the laws giving authority to do so. Most states allow for leeway in voting if there is some impediment to voting. If a hurricane occurs on voting day or a pandemic is ongoing there is a valid reason to try to allow people to vote.

Voting is the only right that is declared a right 4 times in the US Constitution. Do you have a problem with people exercising their constitutional rights guaranteed by the US Constitution? Unless you have some evidence you can present a court that is valid there is no reason to ask the court to not allow states to count the ballots fairly and honestly.
    Well said.

I'm sure Trump's sycophant lawyers will come up with something if there is any less than a Biden landslide.

Hey. I kinda like the sound of that.

BIDEN LANDSLIDE

Yup. Sounds good to me!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.