Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: It's Done

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,074 Times in 6,784 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    I tend to cut out gibberish. You didn't say anything meaningful. You whined.

Would you like a do-over? Would you like to make a clear point that is something more than just hearing yourself snivel?
    Nah. I don't think that's why you omitted it.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

How old are the three current justices nominated by Democrats? Just wonderin' how many more he might nominate before 8 years are up... asking for a friend, ya know... (and to annoy Jarod). (Breyer is 82... BTW, Kagan is 60, Sotomayor is 66...)
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,074 Times in 6,784 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    How old are the three current justices nominated by Democrats? Just wonderin' how many more he might nominate before 8 years are up... asking for a friend, ya know... (and to annoy Jarod). (Breyer is 82... BTW, Kagan is 60, Sotomayor is 66...)
    6-3 ain't enough?

The GOP blew it. They should have let Garland go through the process.

Now, if Dems get control of everything, they'll just increase the # of justices. I don't want that. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't either.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

So what, specifically, are you predicting? Are you saying that all Americans will be required to go to church on Sunday (or the Sabbath)? Will all Americans have to receive communion or go to confession? What specifically are you claiming we should expect?

You wouldn't just happen to be an overly dramatic fear-mongering panic-hyping Leftist, would you?

The Queers will be diminished somehow. The Ten Commandments will be allowed into the Courthouse. Prayer will be re-installed in the Schools. Crosses will be built on the Mountain Tops.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,031 Times in 8,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    She's gonna come in REAL HANDY with those BOGUS mail in votes. Nuff said...
    trump has had four years to find evidence to backup his allegations. Why does he have none?

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,456 Times in 9,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    6-3 ain't enough?

The GOP blew it. They should have let Garland go through the process.

Now, if Dems get control of everything, they'll just increase the # of justices. I don't want that. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't either.
    And then when we take back control we will just increase the amount of judges as well. Pretty soon the Supreme court will have a thousand judges on it!....

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,699 Times in 2,031 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Nah. I don't think that's why you omitted it.
    I never accused you of being smart. Not once.
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The Queers will be diminished somehow.
    That's not anything specific. You are just whining for people to fear and panic for no reason beyond your irrational stereotypes.

The Ten Commandments will be allowed into the Courthouse.
    ... and that will cause non-Christians to melt like the wicked witch of the west. You also didn't specify which ten commandments.

Look, I don't have any particular desire to gaze upon visages of the ten commandments any more than I have for gazing upon a blindfolded chick with scales, but as far as a courthouse displaying some symbol of "Justice Administered Here" I don't have any particular preference. You need to explain why I should not only have a preference but why I should fear and panic at the ten commandments. You and I both understand that we have rule of law, that the law is published and is not affected by any symbols in the courthouse.

Follow-up to the above: If Black Lives Matter and ANTIFA were to break into a courthouse and paint symbols of anarchy and "death to the pigs" ... must the courthouse stop all functions until all vandalism is repaired/corrected or can they legally continue with the docket?

Prayer will be re-installed in the Schools.
    You need to be more specific. Are you telling people they should fear and panic because prayer will be allowed or that they should fear and panic because prayer will be mandated? For which one are you telling people to fear and panic?

Crosses will be built on the Mountain Tops.
    ... so why should rational people fear and panic at this? Finish the thought. Be clear.

Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's not anything specific. You are just whining for people to fear and panic for no reason beyond your irrational stereotypes.

... and that will cause non-Christians to melt like the wicked witch of the west. You also didn't specify which ten commandments.

Look, I don't have any particular desire to gaze upon visages of the ten commandments any more than I have for gazing upon a blindfolded chick with scales, but as far as a courthouse displaying some symbol of "Justice Administered Here" I don't have any particular preference. You need to explain why I should not only have a preference but why I should fear and panic at the ten commandments. You and I both understand that we have rule of law, that the law is published and is not affected by any symbols in the courthouse.

Follow-up to the above: If Black Lives Matter and ANTIFA were to break into a courthouse and paint symbols of anarchy and "death to the pigs" ... must the courthouse stop all functions until all vandalism is repaired/corrected or can they legally continue with the docket?

You need to be more specific. Are you telling people they should fear and panic because prayer will be allowed or that they should fear and panic because prayer will be mandated? For which one are you telling people to fear and panic?

... so why should rational people fear and panic at this? Finish the thought.

I presented the Road to Theocracy via the Court system.

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I presented the Road to Theocracy via the Court system.
    You presented nothing but your wild, baseless paranoia.

You're hoping that if your "predictions" are sufficiently vague that you will be able to pull a Nostradamus and claim that your prophesies "came true" regardless of what happens.

Ergo, you made no predictions. You merely hurled petty insults. You are to be ignored.

11. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    The Queers will be diminished somehow.
    Scared your Grindr account will be closed?

12. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

I never accused you of being smart. Not once.
    There would be insufficient evidence to support such a charge, at any rate. No probable cause.

13. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You're hoping that if your "predictions" are sufficiently vague that you will be able to pull a Nostradamus and claim that your prophesies "came true" regardless of what happens.

Ergo, you made no predictions. You merely hurled petty insults. You are to be ignored.
    You may have missed this, but others feel similar.

(Did you notice the Confirmation Vote? 52-48)

14. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Senate confirms Trump's Supreme Court nominee a week ahead of Election Day"
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/26/polit...ett/index.html

"The vote was 52-48. Republican Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, who is in a tough reelection fight, was the only GOP senator to cross party lines and vote with Democrats against the nomination after having expressed concerns that it's too close to Election Day to consider a nominee."

15. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You may have missed this, but others feel similar. (Did you notice the Confirmation Vote? 52-48)
    Check who created this thread.

"Senate confirms Trump's Supreme Court nominee a week ahead of Election Day""The vote was 52-48. Republican Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, who is in a tough reelection fight, was the only GOP senator to cross party lines and vote with Democrats against the nomination after having expressed concerns that it's too close to Election Day to consider a nominee."
    Nostradamus would envy your vagueness and total lack of any point.