Thread: How are you Coping with Covid?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Dumb but expected...

This week so far is two service calls for serious AFI / GFI problems with two homes, and adding heat to a section 8 apartment and installing a new A/C. That last one's going to make bank. I should clear an easy $500 on it and that's mostly for telling my 3 worker bees what to do.
    Your being wayyyyyy humble. Your gonna make a helluva lot more than 500 bucks on that work.Im in the trades too LOL And thats good,....thats what makes the economy purr......OUTSTANDING!

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Your being wayyyyyy humble. Your gonna make a helluva lot more than 500 bucks on that work.Im in the trades too LOL And thats good,....thats what makes the economy purr......OUTSTANDING!
    I'm doing it for "beer money" now. Yea, back in the day full price would have been over $1000 in my pocket, but I'm doing cut rate prices just to stay busy. The worker bees make about $100 a day cash or about $16 an hour, give or take if they were taxed on that. I think that's fair for low experience workers.

You should see this apartment "building." Found an old oil heater in one corner of the common room half encased in concrete. I'm guessing late 40's early 50's. The whole thing was converted into four apartments from a two story house that was mostly built back in the day without permits... But who am I to judge? The lady in the one I'm fixing has been there 15 years according to her and she likes it...

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

My life hasn’t changed one bit. I wouldn’t allow it

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,589 Times in 51,902 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    My friends in the tourist and service industry here in Orlando are really hurting
    Disney has laid off 10s of thousands

Trump got them $300 extra unemployment for awhile, but Pelosi's refusal to pass a bill has them in deep trouble

Thank great Buddha I am working -UE insurance is like $275 a week - nobody can survive on that
    Why do you care? Or is it that your unemployment check is just unsatisfying without that extra $300 bucks in it?
    What's wrong with this picture?

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by /MSG/ View Post
    Once again we gavw up the hope and prosperity of two entire generations to keep Boomers comfortable for a couple ywars. Not that they care or are even grateful.
    Which explains College Covid Parties two weeks before visiting Nana and Pop-pop. It's Inheritance Lottery. Much better odds than with state lotto.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm doing it for "beer money" now. Yea, back in the day full price would have been over $1000 in my pocket, but I'm doing cut rate prices just to stay busy. The worker bees make about $100 a day cash or about $16 an hour, give or take if they were taxed on that. I think that's fair for low experience workers.

You should see this apartment "building." Found an old oil heater in one corner of the common room half encased in concrete. I'm guessing late 40's early 50's. The whole thing was converted into four apartments from a two story house that was mostly built back in the day without permits... But who am I to judge? The lady in the one I'm fixing has been there 15 years according to her and she likes it...
    Yep...been there done that brother!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Sailor (10-26-2020)

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Which explains College Covid Parties two weeks before visiting Nana and Pop-pop. It's Inheritance Lottery. Much better odds than with state lotto.
    That is sick. I like it !! HA!

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

I cant exactly separate COVID from the collapse of America as the Revolution Romps....I miss going out to restaurants and bars in Seattle some but not as much as I expected....I have lost some more friends as conformity to the Lefty GroupThink is now increasingly mandatory ( I refuse) ....My wife has long been pushing to get another Newfoundland Hound and I have agreed as I now see myself spending the rest of my life not going out and avoiding people far too many of whom suck and deeply deserve the BIG PAIN that is coming (It already basically here).... we are going off into the sunset with a house full of animals to keep us entertained and busy.

Even up to a few years ago I never would have imagined this for myself, even three years ago I was throwing spectacular parties, that's all gone now, we almost never have people over at all now....and as I said my friends list continues to shrink.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    You mean people that aren't at risk of dying are trying to celebrate before they're thrust into a life of perpetual debt slavery to keep you fucking doughy filthy fat diabetes ridden disgusting inhumne sad sacks od non humanity alive for 3 years? Heaven forbid.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

You mean people that aren't at risk of dying are trying to celebrate before they're thrust into a life of perpetual debt slavery to keep you fucking doughy filthy fat diabetes ridden disgusting inhumne sad sacks od non humanity alive for 3 years? Heaven forbid.
    What are you doing here? Get to work son. Pay some taxes. Fucking kids..

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It's a logical plan to eliminate those "fucking doughy filthy fat diabetes ridden disgusting inhumne sad sacks" for profit. It's legal and profitable; What could be more American?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Sailor (10-26-2020)

14. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Literally every post you make you could just do this and save yourself all the time and trouble.....

As it is,....I think of it every time you post....

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Darth Omar (10-26-2020), Stretch (10-26-2020)

16. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I have one son that REFUSES to wear a mask. I try to avoid him.
    Him and my other son were going to take their kids to a Haunted House together, but are now fighting over this.
    And ... one of my Tenants got COVID-19, so I meet her OUTSIDE to transact business.
    Why does your one son refuse to wear a mask?

As for the holidays, I'm trying to convince my wife now to consider giving Thanksgiving a pass.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Jack (10-26-2020)

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Fucking kids.......... Buy them books and all they do is eat the pages! As bad as women and dogs. Cant live with em....cant shoot em!

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Change is hard and harder for the elderly as the RWNJs are proving, most of whom are over 65. Those from Tweens to early Thirties will have to live with the consequences of present day events. In the Boomer's case, that's Sex, Drugs and Rock'n'Roll plus a little anti-government violence which is directly responsible for Disco. As if that wasn't bad enough, the Disco Era gave way to "the Me Decade". Most of those Sex, Drugs, Rock and Roll hippies became 80's coke-snorting salesmen. Trump epitomizes the era. The good news was the era also had a very high percentage of vets thanks to the draft. The draft ended in 1973. 18 years later the Soviet Union collapses. In 1992 draft-dodging Bill "I didn't inhale" Clinton is elected President and all Gen X'er were in or entering their mid-20s.

Blaming Boomers for the present state of the nation is silly and dodges the responsibilities of other age groups. Major block? Yes. Completely at fault? No. FWIW, the Boomer generation ended in 1964.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-and-religion/

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Sailor (10-26-2020)