Thread: Giant health care book in Trump interview had 'no comprehensive health care plan'

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,169 Times in 5,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Default Giant health care book in Trump interview had 'no comprehensive health care plan'

CBS's Lesley Stahl said the giant book presented to her as the president's health care plan after President Trump walked out of a "60 Minutes" interview had "no comprehensive healthcare plan."

The moment took place just after Trump cut short an interview last week. Press secretary Kayleigh McEnany then walked in to deliver what she said was the White House health care plan, warning it was a little heavy. Stahl can be heard saying "I can't lift it" in the interview.

Then, in a voiceover for Sunday's "60 Minutes" episode, Stahl says the book lacked a health care plan.

"President Trump’s press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, gave us a heavy book that she described as the president’s health care plan. It was filled with executive orders and congressional initiatives, but no comprehensive healthcare plan," she said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5...-comprehensive

Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

John Barron (10-26-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

It's easy. Provide to yourself what is your responsibility to provide and quit begging the government to pick up your slack. If you can't get, find some bleeding heart liberal that claims to care about you to pay your premiums.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,557 Times in 17,087 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

This is not the first time Trump used fake props. There was one presser when he had a table full of books that he claimed were bills. They were blank,
    Another time he brought out a lot of products that he claimed his business made. He repackaged other products. It was, as Trump usually is, complete lies.