Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Refusing to wear a mask makes you...

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

And btw, WV had its first real spike *months after* the mask mandate went into place.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    That too... But you must wear a helmet and bike clothes if you do.
    obama-bike.jpg

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,820 Times in 17,256 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Even Fauci was against them before he was for them.
    Quit with the lie. He explained that he did not want people to buy high-quality masks when the first line health workers could not get them. He explained that many times in simple terms even a righty could understand.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

BartenderElite (10-25-2020)

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    I wear a mask at work because I have to. I wear one at church if someone else is wearing one. When all the mask wearers go home I remove mine. I’ll wear one into a place of business if they have a sign saying they prefer it. It does nothing for me or my psyche to wear one (IOW, I don’t think I’m holier than thou when I do) nor am I inclined to think my freedoms are being trampled on because I might be forced to at some times ... like at work or in the Dr. office. Que sera, sera.

I honestly don’t think there’s evidence that they are “that” effective but, my policy is that I don’t want to scare/offend those I love (like at church) because they do think they’re effective.
    I don’t like wearing it but I do. I want this sh*t done so I wear it when I go out or enter a store. Sucks that wearing/not wearing it is so political but not surprising in these times.

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,756 Times in 4,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

That’s not a study lol.

Danish workers have an RCT study on masks that’s looking for a publisher. They finished in June.

Still waiting.
    Is the Surgeon General's Tweet a study? His Tweet said not to wear a mask and linked to the CDC website which says to wear a mask.

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,235 Times in 6,870 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Quit with the lie. He explained that he did not want people to buy high-quality masks when the first line health workers could not get them. He explained that many times in simple terms even a righty could understand.
    The "Fauci told us not to!" is one of the lamest, most intellectually dishonest points of all time.

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They all have *an opinion* that isn’t backed by solid science.
    What is it about the science that you do not understand?

It limits the distance droplets can travel. It saves lives. Period.

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    Bull.

What is it about the science that you don't understand? This is spread by respiratory droplets. Masks DO NOT STOP respiratory droplets - but they severely limit the distance they can travel.

Making masks a big "debate" will be a losing legacy for conservatives. It's braindead.
    You’re talking about something that makes intuitive sense. The history of science is littered with ideas that made intuitive sense but were proved false via the scientific method. The sun circles the earth, right? What idiot would say otherwise?

There’s only one RCT study I’m aware of that’s ever been done on masks vs COVID. RCT’s are the gold standard, right?

It was finished in June and is awaiting publication. What are they waiting on?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You’re talking about something that makes intuitive sense. The history of science is littered with ideas that made intuitive sense but were proved false via the scientific method. The sun circles the earth, right? What idiot would say otherwise?

There’s only one RCT study I’m aware of that’s ever been done on masks vs COVID. RCT’s are the gold standard, right?

It was finished in June and is awaiting publication. What are they waiting on?
    I can't figure out why it's a big deal.

It's wearing a mask. Think about what the Greatest Generation had to sacrifice.

It's so nothing. It's the very least we can do to try to help those in high risk categories. It embarrasses me that people proudly choose to not wear masks, and belittle those who do as cowardly somehow.

It's so shameful.

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Even Fauci was against them before he was for them.
    Bzzt, fail. Fauci wanted people to stop hoarding masks so those that needed them on the frontline could have them and could get this under control without it becoming a pandemic. We had other options at the time but people were still hoarding everything. He never said they weren't an effective measure like you kiddies want. I mean, do the completely biased really have that selective of a memory? Did you even listen to him like we did, or were you just told what he said through a crooked second hand?

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    I can't figure out why it's a big deal.

It's wearing a mask. Think about what the Greatest Generation had to sacrifice.

It's so nothing. It's the very least we can do to try to help those in high risk categories. It embarrasses me that people proudly choose to not wear masks, and belittle those who do as cowardly somehow.

It's so shameful.
    It needs to occur to you that your mask is a potential vector of transmission.

That’s a potential big deal. How about less emotion, less *appeals to authority* and more science?

13. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    Bzzt, fail. Fauci wanted people to stop hoarding masks so those that needed them on the frontline could have them and could get this under control without it becoming a pandemic. We had other options at the time but people were still hoarding everything. He never said they weren't an effective measure like you kiddies want. I mean, do the completely biased really have that selective of a memory? Did you even listen to him like we did, or were you just told what he said through a crooked second hand?
    The only frontline COVID mask is the N-95.

I wonder why that is.

14. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,892 Times in 21,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,684 Times in 5,187 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    I wear a mask at work because I have to. I wear one at church if someone else is wearing one. When all the mask wearers go home I remove mine. I’ll wear one into a place of business if they have a sign saying they prefer it. It does nothing for me or my psyche to wear one (IOW, I don’t think I’m holier than thou when I do) nor am I inclined to think my freedoms are being trampled on because I might be forced to at some times ... like at work or in the Dr. office. Que sera, sera.

I honestly don’t think there’s evidence that they are “that” effective but, my policy is that I don’t want to scare/offend those I love (like at church) because they do think they’re effective.
    I have respect for this position.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

15. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,633 Times in 10,059 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    There are people living amongst us, so ignorant or stupid they are killing us by indignantly spreading this and future diseases. They are like the rodents in London who unknowingly spread the plague.
    Link to those countries u said have beaten Corona down

16. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,633 Times in 10,059 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I have respect for this position.
    Link to those countries u said have beaten Corona down