Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Wealth Machine

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Again, you still support giving them more money while admitting they are wasting it.
    I support greater government oversight and higher taxes on the wealthy.

You can do for those you claim need things they don't have without the government you say wastes money being involved yet you support giving that government more money while refusing to personally help those in need. That makes perfect sense.
    You may want to let people rot in the streets, but I believe in helping people help themselves. I'd rather the government fund programs to help homeless people find employment and housing than fund Trump's endless golf games, but whatever.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Panetta View Post
    I support greater government oversight and higher taxes on the wealthy.

You may want to let people rot in the streets, but I believe in helping people help themselves. I'd rather the government fund programs to help homeless people find employment and housing than fund Trump's endless golf games, but whatever.
    You support claiming you care, taxing other to pay for it, then taking credit as if it came from your own pocket.

If you continue to help someone that has shown they aren't willing to help themselves, you're only hurting them by enabling them to continue being a freeloader. If someone shows they don't care enough about themselves to do any better, they've told me they aren't worth helping.

Hey dickhead, the government isn't funding it, taxpayers are. That's the point you're missing. You can help all the homeless people you want and the government doesn't have to be involved. All you have to do is provide it to them directly. What you've shown is that your words don't match your actions. Claiming you care isn't the same as helping.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You support claiming you care, taxing other to pay for it, then taking credit as if it came from your own pocket.

If you continue to help someone that has shown they aren't willing to help themselves, you're only hurting them by enabling them to continue being a freeloader. If someone shows they don't care enough about themselves to do any better, they've told me they aren't worth helping.

Hey dickhead, the government isn't funding it, taxpayers are. That's the point you're missing. You can help all the homeless people you want and the government doesn't have to be involved. All you have to do is provide it to them directly. What you've shown is that your words don't match your actions. Claiming you care isn't the same as helping.
    It seems like we're talking about two different topics. I'm talking about programs designed to help homeless people find employment and housing.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,069 Times in 8,417 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Let's look at some basic logic.

Suppose an individual had the goal of becoming fabulously rich.

How would this be done?

Obviously, working for somebody else would not make that happen.

The individual would have to set up a 'Wealth Machine.'

That would usually mean building a system that collects some money from as many other individuals as possible.

It could be a little bit from a lot of people (Jeff Bezos.)

Or it could be a lot from selected individuals (The American Health Care System, where people have partial coverage and require expensive services.)

It would be detrimental to the function of The Wealth Machine to care about the concerns of the individuals affected by The Wealth Machine.

Individuals with partial coverage requiring expensive health care would then have to forfeit their life savings to The Wealth Machine.

Great for getting super-rich, not great for those affected.
    What a delusional fuck your are huh? Do have even the first clue why health care is "expensive". I can understand if you don't know but what I suspect is and what I can't tolerate is that you don't care why healthcare is "expensive". You use it as punchline to an asinine joke. You're a fucking idiot.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It seems like we're talking about two different topics. I'm talking about programs designed to help homeless people find employment and housing.
    You mean programs funded by taxes paid to the government you say wastes money?

It seems like you don't understand that if you want a homeless person to find employment and housing, you can do that without the government being involved by hiring them to work for you while they live at YOUR house.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,252 Times in 7,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

The real problem is that the government is terrible at managing money. Too much money is wasted or misspent.
    Just about every cent the government spends...is "earned" by an American somewhere. A lot goes to the already very wealthy...but much goes to the working class also.

It works like throwing food away. NO food is ever wasted. Some living thing will nourish itself on any organic waste.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You mean programs funded by taxes paid to the government you say wastes money?

It seems like you don't understand that if you want a homeless person to find employment and housing, you can do that without the government being involved by hiring them to work for you while they live at YOUR house.
    Why would I hire a homeless person and have them live at my house? I can't afford "help," nor do I want strangers living in my house.

What point are you trying to make?

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Take a little bit from a lot of people and/or a lot from a few people and presto you're fabulously rich.

If that's your goal you did it.

Doesn't impress me.

I am more about 'What did you DO?'

It's not what you earned, or what you can BUY.

It's about what you DO.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Let's look at some basic logic.

Suppose an individual had the goal of becoming fabulously rich.

How would this be done?

Obviously, working for somebody else would not make that happen.

The individual would have to set up a 'Wealth Machine.'

That would usually mean building a system that collects some money from as many other individuals as possible.

It could be a little bit from a lot of people (Jeff Bezos.)

Or it could be a lot from selected individuals (The American Health Care System, where people have partial coverage and require expensive services.)

It would be detrimental to the function of The Wealth Machine to care about the concerns of the individuals affected by The Wealth Machine.

Individuals with partial coverage requiring expensive health care would then have to forfeit their life savings to The Wealth Machine.

Great for getting super-rich, not great for those affected.
    Oh......you mean all the WALL ST. and urber rich that are attempting to shove BIDEN through on their MONEY TRAIN? The reason that Biden was chosen? IF elected.......someone with more blackmailable dirt will be next in line. Camel Toe. Once again the PEOPLE have been left out of the voting loop. Camel Toe was soundly rejected by the primary voters.....and Biden was sinking fast UNTIL the other candidates where paid off to leave the race. How do you people on the left stand such corrupt practices and attempt to scold others about corruption with a straight face? Are you really that stupid and gullible?

The PEOPLE are not a think as you stupid they are........both Biden and the TOE are dump as rocks....the perfect puppets for those really in control of the MOCKINGBIRD plan.....mockingbird, ring a bell?

As in operation MOCKINGBIRD? Well informed my ass.
    Last edited by Ralph; 10-26-2020 at 07:36 PM.

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why would I hire a homeless person and have them live at my house? I can't afford "help," nor do I want strangers living in my house.

What point are you trying to make?
    Because you claimed to care about them. You're the typical bleeding heart that says you care, refuse to personally provide the help, and, by your own words, expect someone else to foot the bill so you can take credit for it.

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Because you claimed to care about them. You're the typical bleeding heart that says you care, refuse to personally provide the help, and, by your own words, expect someone else to foot the bill so you can take credit for it.
    I'm not a bleeding heart. I believe we should have programs to help the poor, and the only consistent way to do this is with government funds. I don't "want credit" for anything.

And I pay taxes, dumbass. You just like arguing.

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm not a bleeding heart. I believe we should have programs to help the poor, and the only consistent way to do this is with government funds. I don't "want credit" for anything.

And I pay taxes, dumbass. You just like arguing.
    In other words, you want to help the poor just with someone else footing the bill. That's the very definition of a bleeding heart.

Show your tax returns to support that claim.

13. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

People who set out to be fabulously rich, and then find a way to do it?

-Probably have compromised ethics.

People who set out to provide something ingenious, new and and innovative for humanity? And thus become fabulously rich in the process?

-I have respect for them. Very cool people.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,069 Times in 8,417 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

People who set out to be fabulously rich, and then find a way to do it?

-Probably have compromised ethics.

People who set out to provide something ingenious, new and and innovative for humanity? And thus become fabulously rich in the process?

-I have respect for them. Very cool people.
    How did you reach that first conclusion? You don't even bother to question yourself do you?

15. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Just about every cent the government spends...is "earned" by an American somewhere. A lot goes to the already very wealthy...but much goes to the working class also.

It works like throwing food away. NO food is ever wasted. Some living thing will nourish itself on any organic waste.
    Every cent spent by a food stamp freeloader is earned by someone else. None of what anyone pays to fund those programs goes to the ones funding it. All of it goes to those that don't contribute to the pot from which they draw.