1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default The Wealth Machine

Let's look at some basic logic.

Suppose an individual had the goal of becoming fabulously rich.

How would this be done?

Obviously, working for somebody else would not make that happen.

The individual would have to set up a 'Wealth Machine.'

That would usually mean building a system that collects some money from as many other individuals as possible.

It could be a little bit from a lot of people (Jeff Bezos.)

Or it could be a lot from selected individuals (The American Health Care System, where people have partial coverage and require expensive services.)

It would be detrimental to the function of The Wealth Machine to care about the concerns of the individuals affected by The Wealth Machine.

Individuals with partial coverage requiring expensive health care would then have to forfeit their life savings to The Wealth Machine.

Great for getting super-rich, not great for those affected.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

How would this be done?

That would usually mean building a system that collects some money from as many other individuals as possible.

Or it could be a lot from selected individuals (The American Health Care System, where people have partial coverage and require expensive services.)

It would be detrimental to the function of The Wealth Machine to care about the concerns of the individuals affected by The Wealth Machine.

Individuals with partial coverage requiring expensive health care would then have to forfeit their life savings to The Wealth Machine.

Basic LOGIC? Yeah...........SUPPOSE, OBVIOUSLY, WOULD HAVE, WOULD USUALLY MEAN, COULD BE, WOULD BE............nuff said. Real objective logically based applicable scientific terms. Why is it........the left always attempts to spin SUBJECTIVE bullshit talking points into logically well reasoned articulate OBJECTIVE arguments? Reality: Leftists COULD NOT say shit if they had a mouth full.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

Matt Dillon (10-25-2020)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

While I agree with thread OP there are some rich whose luck or whatever is put to positive use. An example would be medical research or supporting causes that do good but are not always supported. But many do less good things as greed is a powerful motivator. Two histories that cover the topic below.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...nvisible-hands

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27833494-dark-money

"The trick never ages; the illusion never wears off. Vote to stop abortion; receive a rollback in capital gains taxes. Vote to make our country strong again; receive deindustrialization. Vote to screw those politically correct college professors; receive electricity deregulation. Vote to get government off our backs; receive conglomeration and monopoly everywhere from media to meatpacking. Vote to stand tall against terrorists; receive Social Security privatization. Vote to strike a blow against elitism; receive a social order in which wealth is more concentrated than ever before in our lifetimes, in which workers have been stripped of power and CEOs are rewarded in a manner beyond imagining."

Thomas Frank, What's the Matter With Kansas?: How Conservatives Won the Heart of America
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

5. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-25-2020)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello midcan5,

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    While I agree with thread OP there are some rich whose luck or whatever is put to positive use. An example would be medical research or supporting causes that do good but are not always supported. But many do less good things as greed is a powerful motivator. Two histories that cover the topic below.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...nvisible-hands

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27833494-dark-money

"The trick never ages; the illusion never wears off. Vote to stop abortion; receive a rollback in capital gains taxes. Vote to make our country strong again; receive deindustrialization. Vote to screw those politically correct college professors; receive electricity deregulation. Vote to get government off our backs; receive conglomeration and monopoly everywhere from media to meatpacking. Vote to stand tall against terrorists; receive Social Security privatization. Vote to strike a blow against elitism; receive a social order in which wealth is more concentrated than ever before in our lifetimes, in which workers have been stripped of power and CEOs are rewarded in a manner beyond imagining."

Thomas Frank, What's the Matter With Kansas?: How Conservatives Won the Heart of America
    I think the individuals who become fabulously rich as the result of coming up with some great new innovation which serves society very well, actually had the motivation to develop that product or idea for the purpose of serving society, not for the sole purpose becoming fabulously rich.

It is logical that individuals who begin with the goal of becoming fabulously rich, and then decide what the platform to achieve that goal is, are less likely to operate their wealth machine in an altruistic fashion.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

How would this be done?

This sure sounds like plutocracy to me.
    Lock Him Up

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

The best way to "get rich" is to do it the way so many of the wealthiest .1% have done it...by being smart enough to have been born into a wealthy family.

Only the morbidly stupid make the mistake of being born to poor parents...and they deserve their poverty.

Being born into wealth; marrying into wealth; and stealing wealth from other people are the way to go.

Only suckers stick it out without wealth.
    Last edited by Frank Apisa; 10-25-2020 at 09:59 AM.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Jack (10-25-2020), PoliTalker (10-25-2020)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

How would this be done?

FOR THE BIDENS , AND THE REST OF THE SLEAZOCRATS, IT'S "GO INTO POLITICS AND GET RICH"...IT'S BEEN SELL INFLUENCE TO OUR ENEMIES....ETC.

TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Trumpet,

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    This sure sounds like plutocracy to me.
    Different things, but they do dovetail right into one another.

A plutocracy is very convenient for wealth machines, although not a requirement.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Frank Apisa,

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    The best way to "get rich" is to do it the way so many of the wealthiest .1% have none it...by being smart enough to have been born into a wealthy family.

Only the morbidly stupid make the mistake of being born to poor parents...and they deserve their poverty.

Being born into wealth; marrying into wealth; and stealing wealth from other people are the way to go.

Funny.

But of course in reality it is those who know how to enjoy life without great wealth who are the smartest. The purpose of wealth is ostensibly to be able to enjoy life. Once an individual has enough wealth to really do that, more wealth beyond that point is superfluous. It's nice, but not required for the purpose of realizing the original goal because that has already been achieved.

Ya gotta feel sorry for those who are so obsessed with achieving wealth that they lose sight of any specific purpose for doing so. Then a tremendous predicament is encountered in which there is no level of wealth which has been established as goal achievement. This sets into motion a life of trying for something which is never possible to attain. And shafting a lot of innocent people along the way.

Society could do far better without such individuals acting this way.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Individuals who are addicted to the acquisition of wealth above all other concerns are a social disease.

A society which has a lot of such afflicted individuals is a sick society.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Frank Apisa (10-25-2020)

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The character of an individual may be assessed not according to what one owns, but rather what one does.

What does each individual contribute to society as a whole?

That is a worthy question to be asked.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Frank Apisa (10-25-2020)

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    The best way to "get rich" is to do it the way so many of the wealthiest .1% have done it...by being smart enough to have been born into a wealthy family.

Trust Fund. That's the Way to Go!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-25-2020)

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Frank Apisa,

Funny.

But of course in reality it is those who know how to enjoy life without great wealth who are the smartest. The purpose of wealth is ostensibly to be able to enjoy life. Once an individual has enough wealth to really do that, more wealth beyond that point is superfluous. It's nice, but not required for the purpose of realizing the original goal because that has already been achieved.

Ya gotta feel sorry for those who are so obsessed with achieving wealth that they lose sight of any specific purpose for doing so. Then a tremendous predicament is encountered in which there is no level of wealth which has been established as goal achievement. This sets into motion a life of trying for something which is never possible to attain. And shafting a lot of innocent people along the way.

Society could do far better without such individuals acting this way.
    Amen. I have always been relatively poor...never chased money and never accidentally stumbled onto much of it.

But I consider myself one of the luckiest people on the planet. Life has been great...and the things I missed because I did not have big bucks...just don't seem very important. A car has always just been a vehicle...not a status symbol for me; a modest house works just as fine as a mansion; clothing for me is not a thing to show off status.

I know many people of means...and several of them seem always to be seeking "more." Not the Oliver kind of more...but the "keeping up with the Rockefellers" kind.

I actually feel sorry for some of them. They seem to think that happiness and contentment are always just a few hundred thousand dollars down the road.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-25-2020)

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Trust Fund. That's the Way to Go!
    Yep!

So many people born on third base...pretending they've hit a triple.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Jack (10-25-2020)

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

How would this be done?

there was a guy in Holland, Michigan who wanted to start a business.......he began in his parent's garage right out of college back in the 60s.......when he died his widow sold his company for $3.5B......he didn't build a Wealth Machine........he built car parts......you may have heard of his daughter.......she's currently the Secretary of Education.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”