Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murkowski to vote yes on Amy Coney Barrett

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default Murkowski to vote yes on Amy Coney Barrett

Sen. Lisa Murkowski said on Saturday that she intends to vote in favor of confirming President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett.

The Alaska Republican opposed moving forward with Barrett’s nomination on the grounds that it came too close to an election and that the Republicans set a precedent back in 2016 when it denied President Barack Obama’s Supreme Court nominee a vote because of its proximity to Election Day.

“I have no doubt about her intellect. I have no doubt about Judge Barrett's judicial temperament. I have no doubt about her capability to do the job,” Murkowski said on the Senate floor.

“While I oppose the process that led us to this point, I do not hold it against her,” the Alaska lawmaker said.

“There will be at least one more procedural vote on Sunday, and I will once again object to advancing the nomination past cloture. Assuming that motion prevails, when we reach a final vote, I will vote to confirm Judge Barrett to serve on the Supreme Court," the senator said.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ett-nomination

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Anonymous View Post

Sen. Lisa Murkowski said on Saturday that she intends to vote in favor of confirming President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett.

The Alaska Republican opposed moving forward with Barrett’s nomination on the grounds that it came too close to an election and that the Republicans set a precedent back in 2016 when it denied President Barack Obama’s Supreme Court nominee a vote because of its proximity to Election Day.

“I have no doubt about her intellect. I have no doubt about Judge Barrett's judicial temperament. I have no doubt about her capability to do the job,” Murkowski said on the Senate floor.

“While I oppose the process that led us to this point, I do not hold it against her,” the Alaska lawmaker said.

“There will be at least one more procedural vote on Sunday, and I will once again object to advancing the nomination past cloture. Assuming that motion prevails, when we reach a final vote, I will vote to confirm Judge Barrett to serve on the Supreme Court," the senator said.

Murkowski like other tRump sold out republicans are a un American and enemy combatant cult who have betrayed America in numerous treasonous and seditious ways at being useful for foreign and domestic enemies and a threat against Democracy. its time for the Blue Wave to move on this republican cult of domestic terrorism too.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by saltydancin View Post
    Murkowski like other tRump sold out republicans are a un American and enemy combatant cult who have betrayed America in numerous treasonous and seditious ways at being useful for foreign and domestic enemies and a threat against Democracy. its time for the Blue Wave to move on this republican cult of domestic terrorism too.
    Cry harder, and get used to saying "Justice Barrett", loser.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Isn't that a good thing? I have no problem with her. Got a problem with rushing it though.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

#DONEDEAL
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Anonymous View Post

Murkowski is a typical tRump and Russian sold out skank and like all members of the un American disgraced republican insurgency and terrorist racket looting the taxpayer, while working on destroying the well being of the taxpayer of the USofA, and blue dog party that need to be fumigated and purged from the U.S. Constitutional territory of the USofA! Let them go lay and hatch their eggs of treason against America in Siberia, etc. Yet this tragedy is ultimately the fault of dumbass voters who flush their voting rights down the toilet of treason at being un American as tRump. Also to dine at the table of the devil at the current coronavirus contaminated White House would be a sure way to make it to a burning hell for a eternity with tRump and his $1 cold and dried up burgers and stale fries as a cheap sell out.
    Last edited by gemini104104; 10-25-2020 at 01:59 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gemini104104 For This Post:

Rune (10-25-2020)

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post
    How is the President nominating and the Senate confirming that nomination, as outlined in the Constitution, treasonous and seditious?

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Isn't that a good thing? I have no problem with her. Got a problem with rushing it though.
    Where in Article II, Section 2, Clause 2 is there anything about how slow or fast the process should go?

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Where in Article II, Section 2, Clause 2 is there anything about how slow or fast the process should go?
    Nowhere.

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Shouldn't it be called the Black Wave instead? Why can't you racists get with the program?
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

THE ENEMIES OF TRUMP ARE THE ENEMIES OF AMERICANS...LIKE THE ANTI-AMERICAN, TREASON-O-CRAT LEFT....
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,654 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

I'm in no rush for confirmation. But, it is not really rushing it when the hearings are worthless exercises in letting each member make speeches in front of the cameras. Why waste time with useless hearings when they serve no purpose?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

AProudLefty (10-25-2020)

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nowhere.
    Was she nominated by the President?

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks