Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden to eliminate oil and gas by 2035

1. #436 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    Your egregious errors don't somehow transform into being correct simply by implying that I know less about fracking than I do. Your absurdly stupid statements stand on their own and reveal you for the manipulated tool that you are.

You never answered the question: How easy was it to convince you of all this anti-fracking misinformation? Was it really easy?
    Like I said...you're light on this subject because you don't know anything about it.

Fracking is literally artificially creating earthquakes. Literally. That's what fracking is. It's artificial seismic activity.

Now, you want us to believe that seismic activity can be controlled, and I'm telling you that it can't.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #437 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,937 Times in 13,200 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    I'm not talking CO2, I said Carbon.

Try and follow the thread.

I know you're depressed, but that's no excuse.
    What difference does that make? Carbon has a molar weight of 12, so it's nearly the same weight as methane.

3. #438 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Lots of things can be a problem, it's when you demand they be 100% safe or with pollution 100% eliminated, that it becomes a problem. Your argument is essentially fracking is not completely safe, therefore it's unsafe, and we need to end it. That's an absurd argument based on a logical fallacy (reduction to the absurd). Your comment here is more of the same.
    My argument isn't merely that fracking isn't safe...my argument is that it's outrageously costly along so many terms, it doesn't make the process worth it.

That's why 42 fracking companies went bankrupt last year, totaling $26B in debt and losses.

How many solar companies went bankrupt last year?

4. #439 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What difference does that make? Carbon has a molar weight of 12, so it's nearly the same weight as methane.
    But it's not the same weight, is it? And far more methane gets released during the fracking process. That's why I said it is costly along so many different terms, it doesn't make any sense as an extraction process.

42 fracking companies are gone from last year. More are following this year. Fracking isn't cheap, doesn't produce cheap energy, is dirty, and most people want to transition away from it.

5. #440 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Do not confuse folks like LV with basic thing like science and math.

6. #441 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,699 Times in 2,031 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

No one cares.
    You care. You are on a mission to prevent earthquakes from water pumps. I need to catch my breath on that one.

What convinced me was that last year alone, 42 fracking companies went bankrupt to the tune of $26B:
    Let's see if you are consistent. Do you believe that banking is also not cost-efficient?

Yeah, chemical water does poison water tables.
    We're talking about fracking, not moving the goalposts to other things. How do you believe that any water, underneath impermeable rock kilometers beneath the surface, somehow gets into a water table tens of feet below the surface? Thoughts? Does it "teleport" there? Does it avail itself of magical gateways? Wormholes?

Is this where you tip your king? [hint:YES]

Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IBDaMann For This Post:

Into the Night (10-26-2020), Sailor (10-26-2020)

8. #442 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,937 Times in 13,200 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

My argument isn't merely that fracking isn't safe...my argument is that it's outrageously costly along so many terms, it doesn't make the process worth it.

That's why 42 fracking companies went bankrupt last year, totaling $26B in debt and losses.

How many solar companies went bankrupt last year?
    These are the Obama era ones...

https://www.weaselzippers.us/127128-...ergy-failures/

Then there's the Crescent Dunes plant...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...er-went-online

Georgia's biggest solar company went chapter 11 last year
    https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...files-for.html

DC solar was another
    https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/02...wake-of-raids/

SunPower has one foot in the grave and is dumping assets
    https://www.pv-tech.org/news/sunpowe...ruptcy-in-2019

The reason is the same exact one that hurt the fracking industry: Prices fell dramatically for their products. This is due to an abundance compared to demand in the market.

On the other hand, part of solar's problem here is that many systems are becoming obsolete like Crescent Dunes.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Into the Night (10-26-2020), Sailor (10-26-2020)

10. #443 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're the real fucking joke here because you're spitting out bullshit about a process of which the design is to artificially manufacture seismic activity (earthquakes). Like, dude, THAT IS LITERALLY WHAT FRACKING IS. Shooting the water into the earth...TO WHAT END? To dislodge the resources trapped...and you can only free those resources BY INITIATING SEISMIC ACTIVITY.
    For a moment I thought you were a clueless moron who knew nothing of the subject matter, but then you wrote "Like, dude, ..." and I knew right away I was talking to an expert.

Fracking creates rock-fracturing pressure, not seismic activity. Someone convinced you that water pumps can cause tectonic plates to shift. How easy was that? Did it involve the words "When I snap my fingers you will awaken and you will remember everything we discussed"?
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IBDaMann For This Post:

dukkha (10-27-2020), Sailor (10-26-2020)

12. #444 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sad that in order to make an argument IBDaMann had to switch to his Into the Night sock.

Multiple personality disorder?
    YALSA.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

13. #445 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Trapper View Post
    More ignorance. Facebook alone has 5, count them 5, data collection facilities in Prineville, and has built enough solar to power 100,000 homes.
    Nope. Solar power doesn't work at night. Look at all those trucks building those places. They are oil powered. Equipment in them will also be installed by other oil powered trucks. Supplies used will be supplied by oil powered trucks.
    Amazon is going all electric, and has ordered 100,000 electric vehicles.
    Amazon doesn't give cars away to it's employees. They don't even have decent parking available in downtown Seattle. Their warehouses are still supplied by oil burning trucks, and pretty much everything they sell requires oil to produce it.
    While I have never said oil would disappear completely, it is being replaced by vegetable oils, graphite, and other lubricants. We sure as hell won't need to buy millions of barrels for lubricants.
    You have said cars and trucks burning oil products will disappear completely. You are a loon. Won't happen. Gasoline and diesel oil have the most energy per given volume or given weight, respectively. They are CHEAP. There is plenty of oil.

Solar and wind power are piddle power.
    Last edited by Into the Night; 10-26-2020 at 04:55 PM.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

14. #446 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 25 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    It's only doable if you consider bankrupting the country to be acceptable. Economics is not your strong suit. Ask me how I know.
    So that's it - and when fossil fuels run out what are we going to do? Good think you have sensible, Democratic friends looking out for you!

We got ya, buddy!

15. #447 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 25 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    right now it's not doable. I dont think battery improvements are gona make pure renewables ever able to solely run an economy.

Windmills are resoucre hogs to produce and cause their own problems. Solar farms are nightmare for the enviornment and habitation

Get the improvements to make them capable of running an economy, and market forces will bring them in.
    Hell -give them tax credits

But this idea of all electric cars requires charging stations that will be vandalized.
    And they are expensive

All that said, when these problems are solved there is no reason they can't eventually take over the energy market. They are not ready now or teh foreseeable future
    My friend, neither you or I know what alternative sources of energy are being worked on in oil company secret labs - <-- Did you see that? You bet you that oil and gas companies are looking for alternatives as well! They see resources harder and more costly to find - they're not as stupid as most science-denying trumpublicans!

We got you, my little friend. I swear if it weren't for progressive thinkers we'd all be choking on our own raw sewage right now!!!

16. #448 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Trump's Brain View Post
    So that's it - and when fossil fuels run out what are we going to do?
    Geology isn't your strong suit either. Ask me how I know.
    You are easily tooled by absurd Marxist propaganda targetting the extremely gullible. Ask me how I know.

[hint: we aren't going to run out of hydrocarbons; the earth will keep making more ... in vast quantities]

17. The Following User Says Thank You to IBDaMann For This Post:

Into the Night (10-26-2020)

18. #449 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Water is a lubricant, water does carry the fuel necessary to cause flaming faucets, and walking has never created an earthquake (not even with Jericho since it was the blowing of the horns that shattered the walls).
    Water doesn't burn, dumbass.
    Any walking creates earthquakes. You can even measure them.

19. #450 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Childish fallacious responses not worth addressing.
    No argument, eh?