Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden to eliminate oil and gas by 2035

1. #421 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trump's Brain View Post
    2050, not 2035 - and it's dooable or do you have no faith in American ingenuity? How long have you hated American, my friend?
    right now it's not doable. I dont think battery improvements are gona make pure renewables ever able to solely run an economy.

Windmills are resoucre hogs to produce and cause their own problems. Solar farms are nightmare for the enviornment and habitation

Get the improvements to make them capable of running an economy, and market forces will bring them in.
    Hell -give them tax credits

But this idea of all electric cars requires charging stations that will be vandalized.
    And they are expensive

All that said, when these problems are solved there is no reason they can't eventually take over the energy market. They are not ready now or teh foreseeable future

2. #422 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,815 Times in 2,129 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Right, fracking doesn't cause earthquakes except for all the earthquakes in places that don't get them.
    This is why you are the butt of the joke. Only a Leftist moron could be manipulated into believing that earthquakes can be caused by pumping some water into the ground.

Trivia Question: How much money has the US DoD invested in weaponized water pump research?

Answer: You'd have to be a Leftist moron to believe that water pumps can cause earthquakes!

I guess all those flaming faucets were just Hollywood special effects.
    This is why you are the butt of the joke. Only a Leftist moron could be manipulated into believing that there were ever any flaming faucets.

I guess all that poisoned water and pollution doesn't really exist.
    This is why you are the butt of the joke. Only a Leftist moron could be manipulated into believing that water tables, tens of feet below the surface, can be poisoned by water that is underneath impermeable rock kilometers below the surface.

And fracking is also not cost efficient.
    That's for individual companies to determine. Who convinced you that the cost efficiency for all cases, past, present and future, has been determined? How easy was it to convince you?

This is why you are the butt of the joke. You don't know anything yet you form violent opinions about matters of your ignorance. Too funny.
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

3. #423 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,243 Times in 13,390 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

Guess LV 426 never heard of groundwater recharge either... It isn't known to cause earthquakes either...

4. #424 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    This is why you are the butt of the joke. Only a Leftist moron could be manipulated into believing that earthquakes can be caused by pumping some water into the ground..
    That's a gross oversimplification because you don't know what fracking is, yourself. You're just making it all up as you go.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

5. #425 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Trivia Question: How much money has the US DoD invested in weaponized water pump research?
    No one cares. We're talking about fracking, not moving the goalposts to other things.

Only a Leftist moron could be manipulated into believing that there were ever any flaming faucets.
    It was their final, most essential command.” “The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears."

Only a Leftist moron could be manipulated into believing that water tables, tens of feet below the surface, can be poisoned by water that is underneath impermeable rock kilometers below the surface.
    Yeah, chemical water does poison water tables.

hat's for individual companies to determine. Who convinced you that the cost efficiency for all cases, past, present and future, has been determined? How easy was it to convince you?
    What convinced me was that last year alone, 42 fracking companies went bankrupt to the tune of $26B:

IEEFA update: Bankruptcies multiply for fracking sector
    https://ieefa.org/ieefa-update-bankr...acking-sector/

Trivia question: How many solar companies went bankrupt in 2019?

6. #426 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You don't know anything yet you form violent opinions about matters of your ignorance. Too funny.
    You actually haven't supported anything you've said here. Instead, you moved the goalposts and flamed out.

7. #427 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Guess LV 426 never heard of groundwater recharge either... It isn't known to cause earthquakes either...

You're a fucking idiot.

The operational design of fracking is literally to artificially create earthquakes.

Like...that's what it is, in plain terms...the deliberate causing of seismic activity in order to dislodge natural gas or other fossil fuels.

THAT IS LITERALLY ITS DESIGN.

Fracking is literally artificial seismic activity.

So yes, fracking causes earthquakes....because that is what fracking does...in plain, simple terms.

8. #428 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Rare footage of LV proclaiming his destiny...
    My son just started working at a multi-purpose (gas, food preparation, liquor sales, retail, etc..) convenience store and they'd like him to consider becoming a manager once he has been there for six months. It seems the only requirements to be a manager are 1) provide excellent customer service and 2) do not be a total moron. Unfortunately, these two qualities are sufficiently rare that my son will be the benefactor of accelerated upward mobility ... at a convenience store.

My daughter is in the same boat ... except she is not old enough to sell alcohol and therefore cannot be a manager.
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IBDaMann For This Post:

gfm7175 (10-27-2020), Into the Night (10-26-2020)

10. #429 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Right, fracking doesn't cause earthquakes except for all the earthquakes in places that don't get them. The same places that frack. Sure. OK.

I guess all those flaming faucets were just Hollywood special effects.
    It can be a problem, but it's not a big problem nor is it widespread
    https://www.epa.gov/hfstudy

I guess all that poisoned water and pollution doesn't really exist.
    Same thing.

And yes, methane is a far heavier gas than carbon.
    No, methane is much lighter than CO2. The molar weight of methane is 16 (in round numbers) while CO2 has a molar weight of 44. Guess you never took chemistry or know how to read a periodic table...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Into the Night (10-26-2020)

12. #430 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is why you are the butt of the joke. Only a Leftist moron could be manipulated into believing that earthquakes can be caused by pumping some water into the ground.
    You're the real fucking joke here because you're spitting out bullshit about a process of which the design is to artificially manufacture seismic activity (earthquakes).

Like, dude, THAT IS LITERALLY WHAT FRACKING IS.

Shooting the water into the earth...TO WHAT END? To dislodge the resources trapped...and you can only free those resources BY INITIATING SEISMIC ACTIVITY.

13. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-27-2020)

14. #431 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It can be a problem, but it's not a big problem nor is it widespread
    https://www.epa.gov/hfstudy
    Ah, so before, when you said it was safe, that was you exaggerating, wasn't it? It's not safe. You're here admitting yourself it is a problem.

I didn't anticipate you'd move the goalpost that quickly.

15. #432 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's a gross oversimplification because you don't know what fracking is, yourself. You're just making it all up as you go.
    Your egregious errors don't somehow transform into being correct simply by implying that I know less about fracking than I do. Your absurdly stupid statements stand on their own and reveal you for the manipulated tool that you are.

You never answered the question: How easy was it to convince you of all this anti-fracking misinformation? Was it really easy?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to IBDaMann For This Post:

17. #433 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Same thing..
    I guess your goalposts of "widespread" is what we should be debating, right? At what point does it cross from "not widespread" to "widespread"? You realize you're using a subjective judgment you made, post-hoc, in place of actual data or facts.

Is the reason you didn't go into how "widespread" it is because you can't spin the numbers in any good way that helps you?

18. #434 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, methane is much lighter than CO2.
    I'm not talking CO2, I said Carbon.

Try and follow the thread.

I know you're depressed, but that's no excuse.

19. #435 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ah, so before, when you said it was safe, that was you exaggerating, wasn't it? It's not safe. You're here admitting yourself it is a problem.

I didn't anticipate you'd move the goalpost that quickly.
    Lots of things can be a problem, it's when you demand they be 100% safe or with pollution 100% eliminated, that it becomes a problem. Your argument is essentially fracking is not completely safe, therefore it's unsafe, and we need to end it. That's an absurd argument based on a logical fallacy (reduction to the absurd). Your comment here is more of the same.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post: