Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: President Obama just kicked dumps ass.........

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 84 Times in 79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    But back on topic. Obama is the first president who lashed out at his successor like he is doing. Not only has he lashed out publicly, he is out campaigning against him.
    Did you notice how Obama's speech style was quite "manly", quite "No- Bull Shit" - in a word quite "Trumpish". Usually Obama's speeches are long low-testosterone, dead- boring Soy Boy monologues. This one had a lot more pizzaz, and passion, and energy than normal. He raised the volume as well and was close to shouting at times I think this was Obama trying to copy some of the aspects of Trump's rhetorical style that work so well for him at his MAGA rallies. I honestly don't know how Obama managed to" lift his game" and try to speak with some real conviction. Maybe Michelle poked a 3 inch stick of shaved ginger root up his black bottom just before he went on ?

Dachshund

PS: I don't see how Obama can have the nerve to come out and speak in public like that when everyone knows he's a Marxist criminal. A former President who is guilty of treason. I mean, who's going to want to listen to what a scumbag like that has to say ? Who could possibly take a word of it seriously ?
    Last edited by Dachshund; 10-23-2020 at 04:53 AM.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

But back on topic. Obama is the first president who lashed out at his successor like he is doing. Not only has he lashed out publicly, he is out campaigning against him.
    Untrue. Reichwing myth.

"Is Obama the only president in U.S. history to denounce his successor?

"The short answer is no. There are several presidents in recent history who have spoken out against their successors to different news and media outlets. "

https://kslnewsradio.com/1924939/fac...-a-successor/?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (10-23-2020)

4. #93 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,612 Times in 17,052 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Untrue. Reichwing myth.

"Is Obama the only president in U.S. history to denounce his successor?

"The short answer is no. There are several presidents in recent history who have spoken out against their successors to different news and media outlets. "

https://kslnewsradio.com/1924939/fac...-a-successor/?
    Not one of them came out and publicly campaigned for any candidate, now did they?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

5. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not one of them came out and publicly campaigned for any candidate, now did they?
    Wrong, again. Maybe ask that fake teacher to read you the article? From the link:

"George H.W. Bush, like Mr. Obama, had a general rule of not speaking against successors. Yet, he did so often while campaigning for Republican candidates during the 1994 mid-term elections. "

Now you'll quibble that it didn't say that he campaigned for presidential candidates.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (10-23-2020)

7. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wrong, again. Maybe ask that fake teacher to read you the article? From the link:

"George H.W. Bush, like Mr. Obama, had a general rule of not speaking against successors. Yet, he did so often while campaigning for Republican candidates during the 1994 mid-term elections. "

Now you'll quibble that it didn't say that he campaigned for presidential candidates.
    Again, to rehash my original post that no prior president campaigned for any candidate running against his successor.
    Try to keep up with the program
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

8. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,333 Times in 8,493 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Again, to rehash my original post that no prior president campaigned for any candidate running against his successor.
    Clinton campaigned for Kerry. Bush campaigned for Dole. I am sure if we research more, we can find more cases. It is a narrow requirement, but it does happen.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (10-23-2020)

10. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

She can't keep up. It's why, after I made her look like a fool, she went into IA hiding.

11. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

As always, wrong again.

Once again:

You:

12. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As always, wrong again.

Once again:

You:

"running against his successor" is my quote. Successor is just that. His successor wouldn't be running in the midterms. None of them went out on a campaign trail against their successor, meaning the sitting president. That was my point. I didn't think I needed to further explain that.
    But hey, take it or leave it, It won't change a thing. You and I are at opposite ends of the spectrum politically. I can be civil in other matters though.

13. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"running against his successor" is my quote. Successor is just that. His successor wouldn't be running in the midterms. None of them went out on a campaign trail against their successor, meaning the sitting president. That was my point. I didn't think I needed to further explain that.
    But hey, take it or leave it, It won't change a thing. You and I are at opposite ends of the spectrum politically. I can be civil in other matters though.
    No matter how you choose to word it or change the parameters, the fact remains that you are wrong. Obama is not the first person to campaign for a candidate and against his successor.

"Clinton rises from sick bed to boost Kerry campaign

"The former president told a boisterous rally in Philadelphia that Mr Kerry, the Democratic challenger, would be a champion of the middle classes who had been hit hard by the Republican administration of George Bush.

"Mr Clinton, who has been warned by doctors not to exert himself too much after his surgery, looked well as he walked out onto the stage in the biggest city in Pennsylvania, which is one of the key swing states that will settle the November 2 poll.

"His first words on stage were "If this is not good for my heart I don't know what is.""

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tions2004.usa8

14. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post
    Did you notice how Obama's speech style was quite "manly", quite "No- Bull Shit" - in a word quite "Trumpish". Usually Obama's speeches are long low-testosterone, dead- boring Soy Boy monologues. This one had a lot more pizzaz, and passion, and energy than normal. He raised the volume as well and was close to shouting at times I think this was Obama trying to copy some of the aspects of Trump's rhetorical style that work so well for him at his MAGA rallies. I honestly don't know how Obama managed to" lift his game" and try to speak with some real conviction. Maybe Michelle poked a 3 inch stick of shaved ginger root up his black bottom just before he went on ?

Dachshund

PS: I don't see how Obama can have the nerve to come out and speak in public like that when everyone knows he's a Marxist criminal. A former President who is guilty of treason. I mean, who's going to want to listen to what a scumbag like that has to say ? Who could possibly take a word of it seriously ?
    That may be true, maybe not..... Good observation.....

IMHO it has nothing to do w/ an attempt to emulate a man he obviously despises, along w/ most of the country, but rather freedom, the freedom to speak his mind w/out the restraints of being president. SOmething trump the uncouth never seemed to care about=honoring & respecting the office in word, action & deed..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

15. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No matter how you choose to word it or change the parameters, the fact remains that you are wrong. Obama is not the first person to campaign for a candidate and against his successor.

"Clinton rises from sick bed to boost Kerry campaign

"The former president told a boisterous rally in Philadelphia that Mr Kerry, the Democratic challenger, would be a champion of the middle classes who had been hit hard by the Republican administration of George Bush.

"Mr Clinton, who has been warned by doctors not to exert himself too much after his surgery, looked well as he walked out onto the stage in the biggest city in Pennsylvania, which is one of the key swing states that will settle the November 2 poll.

"His first words on stage were "If this is not good for my heart I don't know what is.""

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tions2004.usa8
    Roosevelt had a lot of say about his successor, whom he anointed: (He also ran against taft, although unsuccessfully)

9. “PUZZLEWIT,” “FATHEAD,” “BRAINS LESS THAN A GUINEA PIG.”
    Roosevelt reserved some of his harshest words for his hand-picked successor. Roosevelt and William Howard Taft had a falling out; eventually, after challenging Taft for the Republican nomination (saying, "I'll name the compromise candidate. He'll be me. I'll name the compromise platform. It will be our platform”) Roosevelt ran against Taft in 1912 as a member of the Progressive party, a.k.a. the Bull Moose Party, and that’s when the gloves came off.

And in case the guinea pig reference seems random, Roosevelt once explained that “Just as machinery can be expressed in terms of horsepower, so some intellect can be expressed in terms of guinea pig power,” and that certain accusations against him “can only be heeded by men with brains of about three-guinea-pig power.” After which the St. Louis Dispatch opined, "Col. Theodore Roosevelt has further enriched the language which so many of his phrases now adorn by producing the following conjunctive description: ‘Three-guinea-pig-power brain.’ This is considered vastly superior to Woodrow Wilson’s ‘single track mind’ phrase, which had a brief vogue.”

10. “A FLUBDUB WITH A STREAK OF THE SECOND-RATE AND THE COMMON IN HIM."
    Another insult aimed at Taft.

Roll the tape:
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

16. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We need more colorful language like that. lol

17. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

trump isn't enough??

If he gets the boot, he may be even worse