Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The Dems have won the popular vote in six out of last seven Presidential elections

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,779 Times in 3,066 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    I hope you don't mind if I repost your above quote on November 4th to remind you how utterly clueless and delusional you are.
    Feel free to do so, but I'm not concerned about being wrong...

The red wave is coming in a couple weeks... brace yourself.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beijing Buyden View Post
    that we don't elect Presidents via popular vote and never have

What does it say that you can't extend your appeal outside of a few very populated states?
    Once again, the TrumpTards have a problem with reading comprehension.
    I'm not talking about electing presidents. I'm talking about the political pulse of America and due to the statistics, America leans center-left.
    I know that upsets you but you can't change it by just posting irrelevant bullshit. Just accept it and move on.
    And get used to saying "President-Elect Joe Biden"

LaughingBiden.jpg
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    If the premise is we are a right or left-center country based on what percentage of votes the Republican and Democratic candidates receive, and they don't receive majorities, then I don't believe they show the country leaning politically in one direction or the other.
    Do you lean right?
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Irishit
    Verified Loser
    This message is hidden because Irishit is on your ignore list.

Obama Biden laughing.jpg

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Do you lean right?
    That depends who you ask. To a few folks I’m a big lefty. If you ask me I lean right.

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That depends who you ask. To a few folks I’m a big lefty. If you ask me I lean right.
    I get the same thing. My radicalized far-right friends call me a RINO or liberal (mainly because I don't support Trump) and my liberal friends call me conservative. I consider myself center-right because I'm for limited government, reduced gov't spending and taxes and limited entitlements.

The far left and far right don't want to believe that there's a political 'happy medium' that many supscribe to.

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

I get the same thing. My radicalized far-right friends call me a RINO or liberal (mainly because I don't support Trump) and my liberal friends call me conservative. I consider myself center-right because I'm for limited government, reduced gov't spending and taxes and limited entitlements.

The far left and far right don't want to believe that there's a political 'happy medium' that many supscribe to.
    I'll share an anecdotal story that made me laugh. Have a real good friend, one of the smartest guys I know, who I met in 2012. Started talking politics for the first time and he was clearly very Libertarian in his beliefs. Then he started railing on Obama and his economic policies. I said 'wow, not a big Obama fan huh?' His response, "eh, I voted for him twice". I'll never forget that. My buddy hates religion and likes weed so he votes Democratic. But talking to him he's clearly a very free market limited gov't type guy. It was funny.

Pretty clearly people like him are not the norm. We generally associate certain beliefs with those who people vote for. Most people who vote Democratic (for President) probably wouldn't say they support limited government, reduced gov't spending and taxes and limited entitlements like you but kind of the beauty that not everyone has to think or believe the same thing no matter how they vote.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (10-23-2020)

9. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'll share an anecdotal story that made me laugh. Have a real good friend, one of the smartest guys I know, who I met in 2012. Started talking politics for the first time and he was clearly very Libertarian in his beliefs. Then he started railing on Obama and his economic policies. I said 'wow, not a big Obama fan huh?' His response, "eh, I voted for him twice". I'll never forget that. My buddy hates religion and likes weed so he votes Democratic. But talking to him he's clearly a very free market limited gov't type guy. It was funny.

Pretty clearly people like him are not the norm. We generally associate certain beliefs with those who people vote for. Most people who vote Democratic (for President) probably wouldn't say they support limited government, reduced gov't spending and taxes and limited entitlements like you but kind of the beauty that not everyone has to think or believe the same thing no matter how they vote.
    I will never get to the point where I always vote for one party. There are good politicians and bad politicians. Having an (R) or a (D) after your name doesn't make you a good politician. There are many republicans who I would vote for for President. Same with Democrats.

At this point, though, I'm fed up with the Republicans because McConnell didn't allow witnesses in the Impeachment Hearings as well as seeing so many of the Republicans cozying up to Trump. It's disgraceful.

Enjoyed the discussion, cawacko. Have a great weekend. Go Hokies!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

cawacko (10-23-2020)