Members banned from this thread: PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, canceled.2021.2, CFM, Cancel 2020.2 and Yakuda

Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Same Sex Marriages

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    Actually Sodom and Gomorrah tell us what God thinks about people that mistreat those that come to their country as guests.

For instance, people that steal the children from visitors and then don't still return them to the parents after 2 years.
    Amen

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (10-21-2020)

3. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,633 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Read Ezekiel 16:49.
    ...or about anything in the New Testament. Notice how lip-service "Christians" run to the OT when they want to harm or kill those they dislike, but then flip-flop with Peace, Love, Dove when it's someone they like. No wonder so many people are running from those type of people.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

AProudLefty (10-21-2020), ThatOwlWoman (10-21-2020)

5. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    If you don't mind me asking a philosophical question: Do you choose when you are hungry, or do you merely choose when and what you eat?
    well hunger is a natural thing, homosexuality is not!

6. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Read Ezekiel 16:49.
    Sodom’s sin was not only selfishness, but also homosexuality. This is evident from several facts. First of all, the context of Genesis 19 reveals that their perversion was sexual (see comments on Gen. 19:8).

Second, the sin of selfishness related by Ezekiel (16:49) does not exclude the sin of homosexuality. As a matter of fact, sexual sins are a form of selfishness, since they are the satisfaction of fleshly passions.

Third, by calling their sin an “abomination,” the very next verse (v. 50, nkjv) indicates that it was sexual. This is the same word used to describe homosexual sins in Leviticus 18:22.

Fourth, the notorious nature of Sodom’s sexual perversity is revealed in the very word “sodomy” which has come to mean homosexual activity.

Fifth, the sin of Sodom is referred to elsewhere in Scripture as a sexual perversion. Jude even calls their sin “sexual immorality” (v. 7).

7. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    If you don't mind me asking a philosophical question: Do you choose when you are hungry, or do you merely choose when and what you eat?
    I choose to eat only when truly hungry which is usually once every other day. I've done that for a couple years now. The body signals when you need to eat, not just based on
    cravings and urges because you see a great-looking meal on the internet or boredom or because you smell the bbq going on next door.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

8. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

There is such a focus on homosexuality. If I had no idea what Christianity was and have never seen the Bible, and only listened to American debate involving it, I would think the whole religion is about homosexuality and abortion.

People co-opt religion for their own agenda, pretty much throughout history. It's unfortunate, because it creates a lot of discrimination and hate, among other negative outcomes.

I wish we could put it all in context. Not to disparage the Bible, but it was written by men, at a time when we were at our most fearful & superstitious. God is a timeless being - billions of years, even longer. The idea that God cares about things like shellfish and homosexuality given that scale just doesn't resonate w/ me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

10. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    After centuries of dominating the civilized world, the Vatican realizes they need to adapt or die. This is only the latest adaptation. I forget when they stopped making parishioners eat fish on Fridays and excommunicating them for using contraceptives.
    Second Vatican Council. They still encourage doing without, but it is no longer a required penance.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Doc Dutch (10-21-2020), ThatOwlWoman (10-21-2020)

12. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Sexual preference is a choice. Hence, the world-wide phenomenon of parents allowing their kids to "choose" their gender for the past few years.
    Also, all the "pride" stuff demanding their right to be who or whatever they "choose" and choosing to try and change their gender. In order to do
    THAT means they would have to be aware of the gender they were actually born as in the first place.
    Who you fuck is a choice. Who you'd really like to fuck is not. It's sub-conscience desire.

Example: While you might choose to marry and fuck a man to give Daddy grand kids, you might really prefer to fuck a lesbian double amputee with a strap-on while wearing a clown suit. It's a desire that's inside you. You might be able to control doing it, but it's much more difficult to stop a desire because it's inside you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

14. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Sodom’s sin was not only selfishness, but also homosexuality. This is evident from several facts. First of all, the context of Genesis 19 reveals that their perversion was sexual (see comments on Gen. 19:8).
    In other words, the attempted rape is condoned if they're women.

Second, the sin of selfishness related by Ezekiel (16:49) does not exclude the sin of homosexuality. As a matter of fact, sexual sins are a form of selfishness, since they are the satisfaction of fleshly passions.
    If the sin of homosexuality is so bad as you say it is, then why is it omitted in that verse?

Third, by calling their sin an “abomination,” the very next verse (v. 50, nkjv) indicates that it was sexual. This is the same word used to describe homosexual sins in Leviticus 18:22.
    Are you aware that there are more than one abomination?

Fourth, the notorious nature of Sodom’s sexual perversity is revealed in the very word “sodomy” which has come to mean homosexual activity.
    LOL. i forgot about that canard. The word "sodomy" was defined LATER to mean anal sex.

Fifth, the sin of Sodom is referred to elsewhere in Scripture as a sexual perversion. Jude even calls their sin “sexual immorality” (v. 7).
    Jude was talking about "strange flesh". I.e. angels.

15. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

well hunger is a natural thing, homosexuality is not!
    you are a liar

16. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It's fine, but then I look to this as women burned with lust for one another!

In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another.

no worries I respect your willingness to stand up for your faith! Jack is not even a believer, so I listen to nothing he says!
    Jesus fucking Christ! How long have you had these fucking fantasies (literally)?

17. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    You consider it a "choice" because you are sexually attracted to both sexes and have made a choice. I am NOT turned on by men...just by women. It is not a choice for me..and I suspect it is not a choice for most people.

It simply is something you are born with.
    No. Even as you've just said. You choose women. Instinctively, we are born to choose the opposite sex. That's the way God made us by design.
    We can easily admire/appreciate the physicality of the same sex. But, that's it. One chooses whether to take Satan's bait and cross that line
    or not. And, I'm not simply singling out homosexuality. We all battle the sinful temptations in many other carnal activities. It's a daily fight with
    the flesh. We overcome by the blodd of the Lamb. God said, "Choose this day who you will serve." We ALL serve SOMEbody, like it or not.

Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

18. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    The bolded is absolutely ludicrous.
    You've been blinded so I understand how you do not see.
    pain in abortion.

19. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    It is not a choice,
    and more importantly it would not matter even if it was a choice.

We live in a liberal democracy where we have freedom to associate with whom we want.
    Exactly. You choose.
    pain in abortion.

20. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,073 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,829 Times in 1,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    You've been blinded so I understand how you do not see.
    No, I haven't. Not at all.

I can't remember the time that I "chose" who to be attracted to. I'd guess that you can't either.

You're spreading a myth that enables quite a bit of discrimination & hate.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post: