Members banned from this thread: PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, canceled.2021.2, CFM, Cancel 2020.2 and Yakuda

Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Same Sex Marriages

1. #406 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Dude, you are free to advocate the Lizard Lords of β Draconis IV are censoring the "real news" but I continue to disagree.

As for violence, the limit is mortality. Once a person is dead, how much more violence can you do to them?
    Skepticism of media narratives does not put one squarely in Alex Jones territory, but your diversion is noted.

The riots and protests themselves were based on a false narrative anyway. Police do not disproportionately target black people with violence, when you adjust for the violence committed by their community and the crimes they are suspected of during police interactions. The reason we hear about the extreme cases on the news is because they are unusual. If they were the norm, we'd ignore them just the same as we ignore the gang violence in Chicago.

2. #407 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Rightys playing opposites again. Just say the opposite and you win.
    However, the minorities claimed for years the cops were abusive and brutal. Rightys like you just denied it, but cell phone cameras and police cameras showed the truth. Cops were and still at covering it up instead of stopping it. Cops cameras showed it too, but , many cops are turning them off when they have nefarious plans.

3. #408 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Rightys playing opposites again. Just say the opposite and you win.
    However, the minorities claimed for years the cops were abusive and brutal. Rightys like you just denied it, but cell phone cameras and police cameras showed the truth. Cops were and still at covering it up instead of stopping it. Cops cameras showed it too, but , many cops are turning them off when they have nefarious plans.
    Let's say you're right. Cops are too evil to be trusted. That kind of makes the 2nd Amendment more important, doesn't it?

4. #409 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,465 Times in 52,473 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Woko Haram View Post
    Skepticism of media narratives does not put one squarely in Alex Jones territory, but your diversion is noted.

The riots and protests themselves were based on a false narrative anyway. Police do not disproportionately target black people with violence, when you adjust for the violence committed by their community and the crimes they are suspected of during police interactions. The reason we hear about the extreme cases on the news is because they are unusual. If they were the norm, we'd ignore them just the same as we ignore the gang violence in Chicago.
    Oooookey-Dokey. Be sure to give the Lizard Lords my best.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

5. #410 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oooookey-Dokey. Be sure to give the Lizard Lords my best.
    You don't have to take my word for it. A liberal Harvard professor figured out that police don't disproportionately shoot or kill black suspects: https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/fr...es_figures.pdf

6. #411 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You don't have to take my word for it. A liberal Harvard professor figured out that police don't disproportionately shoot or kill black suspects: https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/fr...es_figures.pdf
    An excellent example of derail. We start out talking about violence in America with your screams the country is going down in flames and now you are talking about cops. ROFLMAO.

Dude, you are free to all the wackadoodle conspiracy theories you like but facts are facts. Problems exist, but the nation will be fine in the long run.

7. #412 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

An excellent example of derail. We start out talking about violence in America with your screams the country is going down in flames and now you are talking about cops. ROFLMAO.

Dude, you are free to all the wackadoodle conspiracy theories you like but facts are facts. Problems exist, but the nation will be fine in the long run.
    When you mentioned "As for violence, the limit is mortality. Once a person is dead, how much more violence can you do to them?" I had assumed you were referencing the cause of the riots and protests. My mistake then.

8. #413 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

When you mentioned "As for violence, the limit is mortality. Once a person is dead, how much more violence can you do to them?" I had assumed you were referencing the cause of the riots and protests. My mistake then.
    Correct. I was referencing your evasion about reporting accuracies and the comparison of a few riots today to the Vietnam Protests and Kent State:
    Well, how the violence is measured is a bit suspect in most of the analyses I've seen. It's often measured by whether charges are filed or not. In a lot of jurisdictions, no charges are made despite property damage or physical assaults. Sometimes, this is due to political reasons, and other times, it's due to not being able to identify a suspect.

I acknowledge that the current riots aren't as prominent as the ones of the 60s, but they're more violent than is often stated by the media.

9. #414 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Correct. I was referencing your evasion about reporting accuracies and the comparison of a few riots today to the Vietnam Protests and Kent State:
    It's not an evasion. It's a valid concern, but I know how you prefer mainstream narratives.

10. #415 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It's not an evasion. It's a valid concern, but I know how you prefer mainstream narratives.
    ROFLMAO. Dude! That's exactly my point. You prefer Lizard Lord Daily and I prefer "mainstream narratives" meaning news reports from all reputable sources such as AP, Reuters, BBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox, etc. Not the talking head crap, just the news.

11. #416 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

ROFLMAO. Dude! That's exactly my point. You prefer Lizard Lord Daily and I prefer "mainstream narratives" meaning news reports from all reputable sources such as AP, Reuters, BBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox, etc. Not the talking head crap, just the news.
    You define reputable very differently from how I do. Granted, you have Dan Rather in your signature, which already says enough by itself.

12. #417 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You define reputable very differently from how I do. Granted, you have Dan Rather in your signature, which already says enough by itself.
    Really? How do you define "reputable" and why do you consider these sources disreputable?: AP, Reuters, BBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox, etc.

Truth is truth no matter who says it.

13. #418 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Must be a dull life.
    I have a hard time viewing the act of procreation as dull. YMMV...
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

AProudLefty (10-25-2020)

15. #419 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How do you know what is God's word and what is man's word?
    There are people who pray for things and they generally go unfulfilled. There are others who pray that God's will be done. And it always is.
    That third fuzzy God of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit has a function. Ask for understanding and you get it.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

16. #420 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    There is no reason for you to demand other Christians adopt your Protestant biblical literalism and Protestant biblical inerrancy. Protestants are a minority sect of world Christianity, and tyranny of the minority is not sound theological doctrine.
    Spoken like a human with a human cause to defend.

I have no problem with Catholics. We're all just trying to live right.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Sailor (10-25-2020)