Members banned from this thread: Phantasmal, CharacterAssassin, ThatOwlWoman, LV426, Trumpet and Walt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How sickening that the dragon is roaring back: China's economy is booming

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default How sickening that the dragon is roaring back: China's economy is booming

The Dems are so desperate to get rid of Trump and install a senile old man like Biden instead. Pretty damn sickening in my view, Trump is the only hope for the western world to stop Xi's takeover of the takeover of the world.

How galling it is to see China bouncing back from the global pandemic that it unleashed.

While the rest of the world wrestles with fear, mistrust, unemployment, recession, stagnation, non-Covid health catastrophes, countless blighted lives and a ‘second wave’ of the virus, China is set to enter 2021 stronger than it was in January 2020.

That was the month when Chinese complacency, deceit and the ruthless diktat of the Communist Party allowed coronavirus to get its first foothold among humankind.

The numbers are stark, on both the medical and economic fronts.

During the annual ‘Golden Week’ holiday at the start of this month — the Chinese equivalent of our Christmas and New Year break — half the country’s population travelled to see friends and family. Yet there has been no noticeable spike in infections.

Recovery

Compare that with more than 21,000 new cases of infection reported in the UK just yesterday.

Life for the Chinese is broadly back to normal, while here and throughout Europe the announcement of new restrictions is a daily occurrence.

In China, the IMF predicts the economy will have grown by 2 per cent by the year’s end. In Britain, our national income is likely to shrink by one tenth, with the U.S. and much of Europe also showing negative growth forecasts.

Indeed, China will be the only major economy to have the sought-after V-shaped recovery that Western economists spoke so optimistically of just a few short months ago.

George Magnus, author of Red Flags, a book critical of China’s economic success, says that suppressing the virus has indeed helped, but the bulk of the recovery comes from industrial production — the result of the country’s ‘state-directed Leninist economic system’.

Household consumption, a long-standing weakness in the Chinese economy, is still sputtering at about half its usual level.
    Some may also feel that the ‘steady hand’ of the Chinese leadership offers thought-provoking lessons for our battered, chaotic and increasingly discredited political system.

Chinese leaders do not crow about mythical ‘world-beating’ test-and-trace systems, or ‘moonshot’ vaccines. They get on with the dull but important business of balancing public health with broader welfare: the country’s economic, social and cultural life.

Progress on vaccination has been striking. China has at least four coronavirus vaccine candidates in late stages of development. More than 350,000 people, including medical workers and border staff, have received a trial jab, with no serious side-effects.

Mass testing is another success story. After a small outbreak in the eastern port city of Qingdao, the authorities tested all its nine million residents within five days.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...unleashed.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Callinectes (10-21-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grajonca View Post
    The Dems are so desperate to get rid of Trump and install a senile old man like Biden instead. Pretty damn sickening in my view, Trump is the only hope for the western world to stop Xi's takeover of the takeover of the world.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...unleashed.html
    Sir if I may...I asked before but never noticed a response (only 10 quotes is insane, this does not suit my lifestyle at all!)...You are a Brit yes? How long and where have you lived in the east, and what is your DNA...your extraction?

TYVM, I apologize if I am being intrusive but you are interesting, I would like to know more.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Despite the lawlessly hacked in COVID-45 tyrant tRump and his republican goons on a rampage against the entire global economy, the U.S. remains the top economy of the world and for the following reasons:

1. United States
    U.S. Nominal GDP: $21.44 trillion - U.S. GDP (PPP): $21.44 trillion
    The U.S. has retained its position of being the world's largest economy since 1871. The size of the U.S. economy was at $20.58 trillion in 2018 in nominal terms and is expected to reach $22.32 trillion in 2020. The U.S. is often dubbed as an economic superpower and that's because the economy constitutes almost a quarter of the global economy, backed by advanced infrastructure, technology, and an abundance of natural resources.

When the economies are assessed in terms of purchasing power parity, the U.S. loses its top spot to its close competitor China. In 2019, the U.S. economy, in terms of GDP (PPP), was at $21.44 trillion, while the Chinese economy was measured at $27.31 trillion. The gap between the size of the two economies in terms of nominal GDP is expected to lessen by 2023; the U.S. economy is projected to grow to $24.88 trillion by 2023, followed closely by China at $19.41 trillion."

https://www.investopedia.com/insight...top-economies/

The national debt[note 1] (or government debt) of the People's Republic of China is the total amount of money owed by the government and all state organizations and government branches of China. As of May 2020, it stands at approximately CNĄ 39 trillion (US$ 5.48 trillion),[1] equivalent to about 48.4% of GDP. Standard & Poor's Global Ratings has stated Chinese local governments may have an additional CNĄ40 trillion ($5.8 trillion) in off-balance sheet debt.[2] The high debt level is a current economic issue facing China.[3][4][5]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...%25%20of%20GDP.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

How slickening that Trump was too shortsightedly sociopathic, sadistic and inhumane to do the right thing and that his cult of a base has their collective heads up their collective asses.

The New York Times has done an excellent job of visualizing how much outright economic damage, suffering, and death has been generated by Trump’s failure to act at the time when that action could have had a consequential effect.
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...sands-of-lives

The Huge Cost of Waiting to Contain the Pandemic
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/o...istancing.html

The lost month

It’s true that Trump mentioned the coronavirus during his State of the Union address, but only in passing, taking 20 seconds out of his 78-minute speech. By contrast, he spent more than three minutes praising right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh and presenting him with the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

In the speech, Trump said he was working with Beijing “on the coronavirus outbreak in China.” Trump did not mention that US intelligence agencies had already sent a flurry of warnings to the White House about the growing dangers of a pandemic, including at least one warning that was included in his daily intelligence briefing, according to The Washington Post and ABC News.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020...se-annotation/
    Last edited by Cinnabar; 10-21-2020 at 01:38 AM.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Trumpet (10-21-2020)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    How slickening that Trump was too shortsightedly sociopathic, sadistic and inhumane to do the right thing and that his cult of a base has their collective heads up their collective asses.
    "TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP"

barf
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,396 Times in 6,143 Posts
    Blog Entries

It wasn't the US losing that made China stronger- it was the awareness of the American threat to Asian liberty.

" First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

9. The Following User Groans At moon For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-21-2020)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Sir if I may...I asked before but never noticed a response (only 10 quotes is insane, this does not suit my lifestyle at all!)...You are a Brit yes? How long and where have you lived in the east, and what is your DNA...your extraction?

TYVM, I apologize if I am being intrusive but you are interesting, I would like to know more.
    I am married to a Thai, we have two sons. One works for Cisco in London and the other for SoftBank in Tokyo. I was born in London but my parents came from Ireland and met in London, Hyde Park to be exact. I've lived in Thailand since last year, everyone here is back to normal which is good, apart the Chinese are being allowed back.
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 10-21-2020 at 02:10 AM.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    It wasn't the US losing that made China stronger- it was the awareness of the American threat to Asian liberty.

It was China completely out performing America over decades.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I am married to a Thai, we have two sons. One works for Cisco in London and the other for SoftBank in Tokyo. I was born in London but my parents came from Ireland and met in London, Hyde Park to be exact.
    Thank you but for how long have you been out of England? So few understand China worth a fuck but you do...how did this happen?

Thanks again.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Stupid cunt always bullshitting! Explain why the Vietnamese have granted berthing facilities to the Seventh Fleet, shit for brains.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Thank you but for how long have you been out of England? So few understand China worth a fuck but you do...how did this happen?

Thanks again.
    Came here last year to retire early. Know Thailand very well as I worked here in the 80s. My daughter in law is Vietnamese so I know there pretty well also, the Thais and Vietnamese hate the Chinese with a passion but love money more!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Callinectes (10-21-2020)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Came here last year to retire early. Know Thailand very well as I worked here in the 80s. My daughter in law is Vietnamese so I know there pretty well also, the Thais and Vietnamese hate the Chinese with a passion but love money more!
    Interesting.....but there are many ways up to the mountain peak...what matters is that we make it.

For me it is a life spent with Zen and the Tao, and basic paying attention...China has from the jump been interesting to me...I wanted to learn.

Thought: Most all the Asians I know have been all about the money...

This a very very very bad reality for America right?

Deeply bankrupt America.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Stupid cunt always bullshitting! Explain why the Vietnamese have granted berthing facilities to the Seventh Fleet, shit for brains.
    Keep your enemy close, dullard, until...........................

Maria Ressa.

18. The Following User Groans At moon For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-21-2020)

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Keep your enemy close, dullard, until...........................
    That is not an answer.

Do you know the answer?

It is time to put up or shut up.

Those who indicate that they have no idea what is going on need to leave.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I've lived in Thailand since last year, everyone here is back to normal which is good, apart the Chinese are being allowed back.

Don't you capitalist assholes just wish you controlled ALL the news media, Comrade maggot ?

Thailand shuts down online TV channel, as protests continue
    Voice TV has broadcast anti-government protests live on social media and was one of four outlets under investigation.

Thai protesters raised three-finger salutes to the national anthem at public places across Bangkok on Tuesday as anti-government rallies continued and the government ordered an online TV channel to close over its coverage of the demonstrations.

The authorities imposed emergency measures banning gatherings of more than four people last Thursday amid growing protests against the government and monarchy. But protests have only grown despite a crackdown in which dozens have been detained.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...tests-continue
    You're a dirty old ecocidal charlatan . See you, Jiminy.

Haw, haw......................haw.

Maria Ressa.