Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: tRump walks out of "60 Minutes" interview.

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,325 Times in 9,833 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Radcliffe is just another trump puppet. Trump pulls the strings and Ratcliffe will say or do anything he is told. He is probably the singular most unqualified member of this administration.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 80 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    No...I mean the silence from the Bidens....I see you called it what it is
    "The Biden computer scandal"

Yes, as in the Giuliani fabricated scandal. Please remember that the
    "tRump Russian collusion scandal" is a title as well....)
    Please leave your Trump 2024 signs in your yard. That way, my dog will know where to take a dump.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tacomaman View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/20/polit...tes/index.html

This will not play well to the few undecided voters that still exist. That said, this is what cowards do when they realize that they have already been defeated.
    I wonder if he will do that at Thursday's debate when Trump's microphone is turned off?

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I wonder how 60 minutes will explain that tRump left Pence "hanging". After his solo interview, he was supposed to do a joint session with Pence. It will be interesting to see how that is explained.
    Please leave your Trump 2024 signs in your yard. That way, my dog will know where to take a dump.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I wonder if he will do that at Thursday's debate when Trump's microphone is turned off?
    My guess is that at a minimum, he will scowl and shake his head. At worst, he may even shout to try and override the mic muting.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tacomaman For This Post:

Jack (10-21-2020)

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

My guess is that at a minimum, he will scowl and shake his head. At worst, he may even shout to try and override the mic muting.
    I have no doubt Trump will not be able to contain himself. I fully expect Trump to shout from afar, along with accompanying hand gestures and facial expressions.

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Watching a 73 year old "manchild" throw a tantrum would be comical if he were not POTUS and the laughing stock of the free world.

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Tacomaman,

Back in 2016, tRump said more than once that his intent in bashing the press was to create doubt when they published negative stories about tRump. Thanks to the "trumptards" ignorance and laziness, it worked.
    If the cult accepted facts they would have nothing to stand on. Denying reality is basic to Donald. Of course he can't have the press out there telling the truth without having something to say about it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Tacomaman,

If the cult accepted facts they would have nothing to stand on. Denying reality is basic to Donald. Of course he can't have the press out there telling the truth without having something to say about it.
    You have to wonder how these tRump "chimps" survive in the real world given their incessant gullibility. Then again, they dont actually believe everything, only what tRump tells them to believe.
    My big question is why so many tRump chimps want to live in a
    dick-tatorship.

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Tacomaman,

You have to wonder how these tRump "chimps" survive in the real world given their incessant gullibility. Then again, they dont actually believe everything, only what tRump tells them to believe.
    My big question is why so many tRump chimps want to live in a
    dick-tatorship.
    Yeah, that's an over simplification, coupled with a classic dehumanization of the other side. That's a basic mistake. Americans are generally good people, and Trump supporters want to think of themselves that way. Many are! Many are fine upstanding productive contributing members of our society.

So what's going on?

The we/they thing is a fallacy. We are all part of the we. We, AMERICANS. All part of the same UNION. Like it or not, with all our differences. WE. THE PEOPLE.

If it were so simple that 'we' are the good guys and 'they' are the bad guys then it really makes no sense at all that there is any doubt about it. But there is doubt. Plenty of it.

How can good people support this liar and con man and truly believe they are doing the right thing? That's the complex part. You know, there are doctors, lawyers, police, military people, executives, plumbers, teachers, engineers, scientists, construction workers and many others who support Trump. They are not bad people. Sure, there are some nefarious types, but for the most part these are good people.

It's not so simple. People are individuals. They believe in different things. Many of these people believe there is a magical being who created the universe, and sort of manages things. Someone you can 'talk to,' even though he never answers, or if he does, it is only in their dreams and it has never been documented that this magical super-powerful creator overseer being has shown himself or conducted a two-way conversation with more than one person at a time. But that doesn't matter to believers. And they have a right to believe if they want to. It is guaranteed as part of being an American.

Many of these people don't get science. It's a little too fantastic for them to swallow. As far as they are concerned science is just as believable as God. Even less so, for many people.

No, Trump supporters are not chimpanzees any more than the rest of us are. We are all humans, no matter what we hold as true.

What's going on is Donald Trump is a fantastic master con man. He is adept at using social media to craft a narrative. It's a slick and tricky appeal that mixes fact with fiction. There is just enough fact to make it believable to certain mindsets. It's like junk food for susceptible minds.

He's the modern day version of the old time snake oil salesman. Except instead of showing up in town with a charming pitch and bilking people for a few dollars for useless potions, he is selling ideas, and he has the modern means to circulate his pitch to everyone, every willing ear. Everyone with a weakness for his slick talk is taken in. Good people, bad people, it doesn't matter. He's got the golden tongue and they like what they hear. Yes, it is full of hatred and disrespect. So is the world.

I don't think it is respectful to use profanity. I wasn't raised that way. But the world has changed. People seem to think that is just fine now in most settings. (Although I would not advise to try that in court if talking to a judge...) The world has changed. Respect has been greatly abandoned, discarded. I think it is a mistake and we should find our way back to more respect.

No. Trump supporters are not 'chimps.' They are people just like anybody else. They simply believe differently.

The problem is this guy is a master con man. His silver tongue is selling dangerous ideas. People don't see the danger. They are falling for his shtick. That's what is going on.

Don't forget it. Don't fool yourself. When you get abrasive and get into name-calling, that confirms part of the con for Trump supporters who also fall for the we/they theory. That tells them WE are HORRIBLE.

They think WE are horrible people who want to destroy the USA. Don't forget THAT either.

The only way out of this is to find that unity again.

It's not lost. It's still there. It's buried under a mountain of BS and misconceptions on both sides.

We have to cut through that BS, say things like they really are, STOP FOOLING OURSELVES.

Reality, truth, respect, unity.

THAT is our way out of this mess.

It always has been. And it is there, waiting. It's waiting until enough people are ready to come back to cherishing being an American enough to accept 'the other side' as real Americans, too.

#WE MUST STAND TOGETHER!

Trend that.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Tacomaman,

Yeah, that's an over simplification, coupled with a classic dehumanization of the other side. That's a basic mistake. Americans are generally good people, and Trump supporters want to think of themselves that way. Many are! Many are fine upstanding productive contributing members of our society.

So what's going on?

The we/they thing is a fallacy. We are all part of the we. We, AMERICANS. All part of the same UNION. Like it or not, with all our differences. WE. THE PEOPLE.

If it were so simple that 'we' are the good guys and 'they' are the bad guys then it really makes no sense at all that there is any doubt about it. But there is doubt. Plenty of it.

How can good people support this liar and con man and truly believe they are doing the right thing? That's the complex part. You know, there are doctors, lawyers, police, military people, executives, plumbers, teachers, engineers, scientists, construction workers and many others who support Trump. They are not bad people. Sure, there are some nefarious types, but for the most part these are good people.

It's not so simple. People are individuals. They believe in different things. Many of these people believe there is a magical being who created the universe, and sort of manages things. Someone you can 'talk to,' even though he never answers, or if he does, it is only in their dreams and it has never been documented that this magical super-powerful creator overseer being has shown himself or conducted a two-way conversation with more than one person at a time. But that doesn't matter to believers. And they have a right to believe if they want to. It is guaranteed as part of being an American.

Many of these people don't get science. It's a little too fantastic for them to swallow. As far as they are concerned science is just as believable as God. Even less so, for many people.

No, Trump supporters are not chimpanzees any more than the rest of us are. We are all humans, no matter what we hold as true.

What's going on is Donald Trump is a fantastic master con man. He is adept at using social media to craft a narrative. It's a slick and tricky appeal that mixes fact with fiction. There is just enough fact to make it believable to certain mindsets. It's like junk food for susceptible minds.

He's the modern day version of the old time snake oil salesman. Except instead of showing up in town with a charming pitch and bilking people for a few dollars for useless potions, he is selling ideas, and he has the modern means to circulate his pitch to everyone, every willing ear. Everyone with a weakness for his slick talk is taken in. Good people, bad people, it doesn't matter. He's got the golden tongue and they like what they hear. Yes, it is full of hatred and disrespect. So is the world.

I don't think it is respectful to use profanity. I wasn't raised that way. But the world has changed. People seem to think that is just fine now in most settings. (Although I would not advise to try that in court if talking to a judge...) The world has changed. Respect has been greatly abandoned, discarded. I think it is a mistake and we should find our way back to more respect.

No. Trump supporters are not 'chimps.' They are people just like anybody else. They simply believe differently.

The problem is this guy is a master con man. His silver tongue is selling dangerous ideas. People don't see the danger. They are falling for his shtick. That's what is going on.

Don't forget it. Don't fool yourself. When you get abrasive and get into name-calling, that confirms part of the con for Trump supporters who also fall for the we/they theory. That tells them WE are HORRIBLE.

They think WE are horrible people who want to destroy the USA. Don't forget THAT either.

The only way out of this is to find that unity again.

It's not lost. It's still there. It's buried under a mountain of BS and misconceptions on both sides.

We have to cut through that BS, say things like they really are, STOP FOOLING OURSELVES.

Reality, truth, respect, unity.

THAT is our way out of this mess.

It always has been. And it is there, waiting. It's waiting until enough people are ready to come back to cherishing being an American enough to accept 'the other side' as real Americans, too.

#WE MUST STAND TOGETHER!

Trend that.
    Very detailed and intelligent response with valid points. However, it becomes really difficult to claim "intelligence" when they support the tRump lies that are so easily refuted. Arguing a tRump political ideology is one thing, defending his lies is a trait of a cult follower.
    To me, the "chimps" are simply the same folks that believe the WWE is real.