Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WOW:Michael Steele: I chaired the Rep Natl Committee. Here's why I'm voting for Biden

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Trump hit a grand slam in '16 with the white working class but that's not a growing population. The Republican Party isn't going to win national elections for long without expanding the base.

Reagan won two landslide elections supporting free trade, pro-immigration and strong defense (now times change and I understand we're not in the 80's anymore. additionally he got the support of anti-communists who may not have supported his economic agenda but supported his approach to going after the Soviet Union). I know there are people on the right who don't care for free trade and immigration like Reagan did. And that's been building within the party for years post Reagan and culminating in Trump. And there are people on the right who don't see free markets as a panacea like many did in the 80's and want more government involvement.

It's going to be very interesting to see which way the party goes post Trump.
    You are a liar. You don’t support free trade. You lis about Reagan. You aren’t fit to mention his name. Vote democrat and get it over with you ANTIFA supporting prick

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    amazing you still dont understand the status quo with China is the opposite of free trade.
    Immigration is great too -but not illegal immigration

Trade with China is not free markets.. NAFTA 2 is free markets

Don’t waste your time trying to make sense to that dumb prIck. Just mock him and call him names

He is useless. He thinks we will come crawling back to him and the Steele types. He doesn’t have a political home.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    amazing you still dont understand the status quo with China is the opposite of free trade.
    Immigration is great too -but not illegal immigration

Trade with China is not free markets.. NAFTA 2 is free markets
    China obviously has a massive economy, second largest in the world. We’re not going to “defeat” them, or even better ourselves, slapping a bunch of tariffs on them and getting into a trade war.

I am in no way suggesting China is a benign actor nor am I saying we shouldn’t confront them on some of their actions. But this current approach of hurting our own economy in hopes of getting China to change isn’t sustainable long term nor will we be better off for it.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Bill,

Right on!

Well said, Michael Steele, lifelong Republican.

Nobody can call him a 'never Trumper.' Steele headed the RNC and worked with Trump. After he got to know him and see what he was all about, Steele changed his mind.

You can hardly get any more inside information on who you're voting for than that.

Donald Trump fails the basic requirement that we need a president who works for the people.

He works for himself and nobody else. Certainly not YOU.
    Sadly for the forever trumper crowd there is no alternative to their mango messiah......

You either whoreship him or you are a never trumper

One day he will be gone, & they won't..........

What will they do??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I saw the article on another site and read it. I agree with a fair amount of what he said in terms of the direction of the party and getting away from the principles Reagan espoused. Just as there's a divide in the Democratic Party between the Bernie supporters and the more 'moderate' wing the Republican Party has it's own divide and it's been on full and open display with Trump. And he's not wrong that it really is about Trump and far less about conservative principles and that's worrisome.

And the party is going to have a reckoning, whether it's in a couple of months if he loses or in four years if he wins, because there's only one Trump. No one else can speak and do the things he does and get away with it. He is unique.
    I think the reckoning will come the day after the election-win or lose.....

Moscow Mitch is already laying it out w/ the trump spending like a drunken "marine"..........lol

He/they believe he is wandering to far off the farm of "fiscal conservatism"........... Although that boat left a few trillion ago.......

It will be unfortunate if he wins as he will seek vengeance & further destabilize the countries laws etc......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    have never seen an election where so many prominent, nationally recognizable Republicans endorsed the Democratic nominee

This election is not even about Democrats versus Republicans.

It is about sentient humans against Deplorables
    Yep, neither have I.......... Speaks volumes...........

I am pleased that ppl in the gop are finally standing up to the tyrant & speaking truth to lies & bull shit.........

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Biden's Bagman View Post
    Why should I listen to him? He didn’t support Trump in 2016.

Steele is the kind of Republican that led to Trump getting the nomination. I don’t need to watch it. I already know what he is going to say.

He is fear to me. He is showing what a fraud he is. He is such a principled conservative that he will vote for the shit show like Biden to what? Teach us a lesson? Fuck that.

You aren’t even voting for Biden
    I have already voted..

Those republicans are were you ppl were 4 years ago & were you will likely be again in January............. Hopefully Jan 2021 .....

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Here's why I'm voting for Biden
    because you've left the party....../shrugs......it happens.......look at Kacick and Bush......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

being a real black, Steele realized he had no choice......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are an uninformed dumb fuck

Steele opposed Trump in 2016. He is as irrelevant as Cawacko. Nobody gives a what they think. They are useful idiots. You can have both of them

Cawacko should be forced to give back his tax cuts the ungrateful prick

Have him deported to the deep south for political therapy & reeducation??

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

China obviously has a massive economy, second largest in the world. We’re not going to “defeat” them, or even better ourselves, slapping a bunch of tariffs on them and getting into a trade war.

I am in no way suggesting China is a benign actor nor am I saying we shouldn’t confront them on some of their actions. But this current approach of hurting our own economy in hopes of getting China to change isn’t sustainable long term nor will we be better off for it.
    Your time to waste:

They will always hate you, you are a never trumper, you are no better than any of the rest of us in their eyes.

It's their party now......... You ppl, you RINO's are not real republicans, only trumpers are.... You are not real conservatives, only trumpers are

I am sure a nice guy like you will welcome them all back w/ loving arms once trump is gone........

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I have already voted..

Those republicans are were you ppl were 4 years ago & were you will likely be again in January............. Hopefully Jan 2021 .....
    It is odd that you are orgasmic over these so called Republicans saying they will vote for Biden when you wouldn’t. Don’t you think that is odd?

First of all why should I care what they think? Second of all, win or lose I will never regret voting for Trump.

Lastly and most important, I grow ever more confident of a Trump victory. I don’t think your side is going to know what hit them. The question is how you will take it. I expect not that well. You will unleash your ANTIFA goons trying to foment civil war. You will look the other way. You will claim Trump “cheated”

Question for you. What do you think about Biden allegedly knowing about Hunters pedophelia and doing nothing?

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Your time to waste:

They will always hate you, you are a never trumper, you are no better than any of the rest of us in their eyes.

It's their party now......... You ppl, you RINO's are not real republicans, only trumpers are.... You are not real conservatives, only trumpers are

I am sure a nice guy like you will welcome them all back w/ loving arms once trump is gone........
    You are 1000% correct. Cawacko has no political home. He is an outcast. He keeps parroting the same discredited bullshit. Oh he thinks China is a bad actor, but offers no solutions. What “confront them”? Say “bad China” like they are a puppy?

He might as well become a democrat. There is no going back. That is what he thinks will happen. Rest assured it won’t.

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

You are 1000% correct. Cawacko has no political home. He is an outcast. He keeps parroting the same discredited bullshit. Oh he thinks China is a bad actor, but offers no solutions. What “confront them”? Say “bad China” like they are a puppy?

He might as well become a democrat. There is no going back. That is what he thinks will happen. Rest assured it won’t.
    China plays for blood, and they expect to win.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

You are a liar. You don’t support free trade. You lis about Reagan. You aren’t fit to mention his name. Vote democrat and get it over with you ANTIFA supporting prick
    You're like a teenage chick/scorned lover ILA. You just can't stay away. Amazing how triggered you are over someone in California who voted for the Libertarian candidate for President. Especially coming from a guy who didn't vote for the Republican candidate in '08 or '12.

And I will continue to talk about Reagan. He's the greatest President in my lifetime and one of the best ever. Regan would be a RINO to you today. If Regan ran today you'd have total disdain for him.

There's a decent chance Nikki Haley is the next Republican Presidential candidate. That will trigger you to the nth degree. And you claim others don't have political homes...

Keep on melting down ILA...