Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court hearings...a farce.

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Let's get real, GOPers, Trump chumps, neocons, and the like seem to have no problem in the slide towards fascism that the Republican Party is steering this country towards. I could only imagine the banshee wail if the DEMS under Obama had assumed the same postures.
    How exactly are we sliding towards fascism? Please be specific, and detailed.
    Every life matters

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Let's get real, GOPers, Trump chumps, neocons, and the like seem to have no problem in the slide towards fascism that the Republican Party is steering this country towards. I could only imagine the banshee wail if the DEMS under Obama had assumed the same postures.
    You mean like a mandate to buy insurance or pay a fine?

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't suggest it. But since you make it a habit of dogging my posts despite being on IA, it would seem you're obsessed. I would suggest therapy. That's all. Back in the bin with you.
    Once again I destroyed you. lol

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Taichiliberal,

Having watched Amy Coney Barrett at the Supreme Court hearings reminds me of the kid in grade school nailed in breaking the rules and then lying to the principal with a straight face as if butter wouldn't melt in their mouth.

But let's get real.....the GOP has the majority vote in the Senate ... like the Trump impeachment hearings, they've already stated in public that the fix is in regardless of the facts or evidence. So essentially, this is just a waste of taxpayer's money with the Dems hoping that public exposure of these people will sway voters in the upcoming congressional elections. Hope springs eternal.
    This just demonstrates once again that Republicans only care about their party and power. They have no concern for America.

A SCOTUS placement is something that should not be rushed. It is a lifetime appointment.

This process is being rushed because Republicans fear this nominee would not go through after the American people vote.

They are making a mockery of our system.

They are hypocrites who would all be guilty of perjury if they had been under oath when they blocked Obama's nominee in the spring of an election year, saying it was too close to the fall election. The only thing that keeps most of them out of prison is that they were not under oath as they lied.

Barrett appears to be too heavily influenced by her religion to be on the SCOTUS.

We need open minds there.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Taichiliberal (10-31-2020)

6. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

2016 Lindsay Graham: "Use my words against me."

2020 Lindsay Graham - nyah nyah, my words are meaningless, I wasn't under oath.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Taichiliberal (10-31-2020)

8. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Projecting again, my little trump bitch? As the chronology of the posts shows, since you can't logically or factually fault the OP or subsequent posts, you do the little right wingnut two step. But you can't dodge your stupidity in a printed medium, sailor boy. So if you've got nothing else, I'll just send you to the IA bin again for a month or two...watching you dog my threads and posts in vain. Carry on.
    More psychobabble from Taistick. Would one expect anything else? Like maybe even a little intelligence?

9. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Biden is a devoted Catholic, but he is not planning on running the country by the bible. Trump is an atheist. That is the only thing I like about him. But he is a small and selfish person who is out for profit. He is closer to a Ferengi than a reasonable person.
    Pipe the fuck down. Biden is a Catholic for political expedience only, like the other fake Pelosi. That is all Democrats do, lie about everything.

10. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

Stop babbling.....either you concede to the fact based logic of the OP or you don't. If you disagree, explain to the reading audience and stop with the childish sour grapes and attempted dodges. If you can't or won't, stop wasting time and space.
    Dear Dick Cheese,

Your pontificating.

You point to objective things and pronounce your edict.

Apparently, you can attribute to me many adjectives. This is called "Transference".

Your transference is a profundity that I should thankful for.

You're the delusional self-angrandising backseat driver here.

Whoa watch out. Swerve around fast!

REFERENCES:

farce definition
    noun
    a comic dramatic work using buffoonery and horseplay and typically including crude characterization and ludicrously improbable situations.
    "he toured the backwoods in second-rate farces"

Similar:
    slapstick comedy
    broad comedy
    slapstick
    burlesque
    vaudeville
    travesty
    buffoonery
    skit
    squib
    pasquinade

Opposite:
    tragedy
    the genre of farce.
    "the choreographed confusion of real farce"
    an absurd event.
    "the debate turned into a drunken farce"

Similar:
    absurdity
    mockery
    travesty
    sham
    pretense
    masquerade

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

A supreme court hearing is way above your paygrade

11. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 4,159 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post

How exactly are we sliding towards fascism? Please be specific, and detailed.
    Admittedly, there's a lot of controversy on this. Here's what I think are decent explanations to my contention:

https://www.thenation.com/article/po...cans-election/

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/06/91032...ocratic-status
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

12. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Having watched Amy Coney Barrett at the Supreme Court hearings reminds me of the kid in grade school nailed in breaking the rules and then lying to the principal with a straight face as if butter wouldn't melt in their mouth.

But let's get real.....the GOP has the majority vote in the Senate ... like the Trump impeachment hearings, they've already stated in public that the fix is in regardless of the facts or evidence. So essentially, this is just a waste of taxpayer's money with the Dems hoping that public exposure of these people will sway voters in the upcoming congressional elections. Hope springs eternal.
    I logged on tonight to see the best example of snowflakes melting. Son-of-a-bitch, here it is.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

tinfoil (11-01-2020)

14. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Admittedly, there's a lot of controversy on this. Here's what I think are decent explanations to my contention:

https://www.thenation.com/article/po...cans-election/

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/06/91032...ocratic-status
    You can't tell me in your own words? Geez.
    Every life matters

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-29-2020), tinfoil (11-01-2020)

16. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,825 Times in 17,258 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Pipe the fuck down. Biden is a Catholic for political expedience only, like the other fake Pelosi. That is all Democrats do, lie about everything.
    Damn do you lie. Both Pelosi and Boden have attended church for their whole lives. The only thing I like about Trump is his atheism.

17. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Damn do you lie. Both Pelosi and Boden have attended church for their whole lives. The only thing I like about Trump is his atheism.
    For political expedience. They do not follow the word of god. At all. Fucking frauds. Democrats of course.

18. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,825 Times in 17,258 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    For political expedience. They do not follow the word of god. At all. Fucking frauds. Democrats of course.
    You should have some level of embarrassment for your crazy posting. You presume information about them on a personal level that you are utterly ignorant of. They are practicing Catholics.

19. The Following User Groans At Nordberg For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-29-2020)

20. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You should have some level of embarrassment for your crazy posting. You presume information about them on a personal level that you are utterly ignorant of. They are practicing Catholics.
    Prove me wrong. I will wait.