Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Trump claims that his $421 million debt is ‘tiny’, but he owes more than double that

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I am sure that in person, you are just as big of a lying cowardly little cunt as you are on this forum. But continue flailing like a moron.

Come on over sweetie, I am waiting!

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Its all guesswork, my little sweetheart. Pure guesswork. Trump is terrified to have his taxes disclosed. I wonder why?
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,781 Times in 3,068 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

...deleted lies...

Though Trump previously called the report “fake news,” he did not deny that he owed more than $400 million at Thursday’s NBC News town hall. Rather, he falsely insisted that the outlet had illegally obtained his tax information. The president declined to say to whom he owes money.

“I have a very, very small percentage of debt compared” to my wealth, Trump claimed.

The president alleged that he took on the debt as “favors to institutions that wanted to loan me money.”

“It sounds like you’re saying $400 million isn’t that much,” moderator Savannah Guthrie responded. “But are you confirming that, yes, you do owe some $400 million?”

“What I’m saying is that it’s a tiny percentage of my net worth,” Trump replied. “. . . I don’t owe Russia money. I owe a very, very small . . . It’s called mortgages. People have a house, they put a mortgage.”

“I don’t owe money to any of these sinister people,” he continued. “This has been going on for years now.”

Asked if he owed money to any foreign entity, Trump replied: “Not that I know of.”

“I will probably . . . I will let you know who I owe whatever small amount of money,” he added.

In fact, Trump’s company reportedly owes about $340 million to German financial giant Deutsche Bank, the embattled institution which was one of the few banks willing to lend him money after a series of bankruptcies and defaults. While Trump appeared to acknowledge the $421 million in personally guaranteed loans that were reported by The Times, a Forbes analysis found that Trump’s total debt was actually closer to $1 billion.

Trump has earned more than $200 million in income from his interests in foreign countries since 2016, according to an analysis by the Center for Responsive Politics.
    https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/tru...e-that-amount/
    Trump is absolutely correct. His debt is only but a portion of his net worth, according to the Forbes numbers. You obviously have no clue what leverage is nor why healthy companies will opt to finance a portion of their operations through debt.

Using the numbers from Forbes, Trump's company has a healthy debt/asset ratio (~0.28) as well as a healthy debt/equity ratio (0.4). Those ratios show that the majority of his company operations are being funded via wholly owned funds and that the majority of assets are being financed by equity rather than debt.

Trump is doing quite WELL financially...

Sources: Forbes, as well as my own experience as an accounts receivable accountant for a local family owned real estate company. When it comes to accounting and real estate, I know what I am talking about.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Trump is still operating under the delusional idea that he is a billionaire.
    He IS a billionaire... If you go by the Forbes numbers, Trump has a net worth of ~$2.5 billion.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    The only business success that Trump has had was going bankrupt 6 times.
    Quite typical when one starts up as many business ventures as Trump did. Luckily for him, the vast majority of his ventures have been successful, making him into the multi-billionaire that he is today...

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Does it bother you ar all, that trump first lied about this debt and called it "fake news" before finally admitting to it.
    Or possibly the reason he took the money was that institutions wanted to loan him money and he took it as a favor to them?

Is there any amount of his bull shit that bothers you?
    He's never lied about having business debt. Debt is a part of any healthy business. It is called "leverage". Trump's debt/asset and debt/equity ratios are both at healthy amounts (~0.28 and 0.4, respectively). His company operations are mostly financed via wholly owned funds rather than debts, and most of his assets are financed via equity rather than debt. His company, as a whole, is financially stable.

Sources: Forbes, as well as my own personal experience as an accounts receivable accountant for a local family-owned real estate company.

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CharacterAssassin View Post
    We have proof that he's cheating on his taxes, fuckwit.
    No, you don't. All you have are media lies.

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    MORE SILLIASS NONSENSE; EVERY MAJOR REAL ESTATE DEVELOPER CARRIES MILLIONS IN DEBT, THAT THEY AMORTIZE.

TRUMP'S NET WORTH IS OVER $2.5 BILLION.

YOU BUSINESS-CHALLENGED BUFFOONS ARE LIKE WATCHING AN ORGAN GRINDER'S MONKEY, AS YOUR SPEW THE NY SLIMES ASININE NONSENSE.
    Precisely. These leftist morons don't have the slightest clue about how businesses operate. They have no idea what leverage is, nor why a company makes use of it.

Trump's debt/asset and debt/equity ratios are quite healthy; his company is quite financially stable.

Leftist twits don't realize that perspective is important. Yes, to you and I, $400 million (and $1 billion) are extremely large numbers, but in perspective to the Trump brand as a whole, those really aren't all that large of numbers at all...

9. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Matters little the way Trump frames it, it is a lot of money, and citizens deserve to know if some foreign entity is holding the IOU
    Maybe through the lens of your own finances it is a lot of money, but through the lens of the Trump brand as a whole, it is not all that much money at all... If you knew ANYTHING about accounting, real estate, or business operation in general, you would know that Trump is financially stable and that it is a good thing to be leveraged to some extent.

10. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Biden doesn’t owe someone four hundred and twenty one million dollars, worth repeating, four hundred and twenty one million, and Donny owes or someone
    $421M is NOT AT ALL a big deal, within the lens of the Trump brand. Trump's debt/asset and debt/equity ratios are at quite healthy amounts. Such debt (used as leverage) is a part of many healthy businesses.

You clearly have no understanding of accounting, real estate, nor business ownership/operations. That is why Trump is President of the USA while you are President of your Mother's Basement.

11. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

TRUMP'S NET WORTH IS OVER $2.5 BILLION.

You dont have the least bit of proof that trumps net worth is over $2.5 billion, in fact you cant even prove that is 2.5 million.
    He is using Forbes as his source. Per Forbes, Trump's net worth is about $2.5 billion...

Now, please explain just how trump "amortizes his debt".
    He takes out loans, then he pays that debt back in regular installments over some period of time.

12. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You have zero proof that he owes mortgage debt or personal debt to who knows what people or countries.
    You are the one claiming that Trump is doing something wrong... YOU need to substantiate your claim...

13. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Because there is proof of massive debt and we should know where it is owed to. Is it mortgage debt or personal debt to Russia, Turkey or maybe even NK.
    It is not massive debt. His debt/asset and debt/equity ratios are quite healthy, as I have already explained. You are freaking out about what is typical for any successful business, showing that you lack knowledge in accounting, real estate, and business operations.

14. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Trump is absolutely correct. His debt is only but a portion of his net worth, according to the Forbes numbers. You obviously have no clue what leverage is nor why healthy companies will opt to finance a portion of their operations through debt.

Using the numbers from Forbes, Trump's company has a healthy debt/asset ratio (~0.28) as well as a healthy debt/equity ratio (0.4). Those ratios show that the majority of his company operations are being funded via wholly owned funds and that the majority of assets are being financed by equity rather than debt.

Trump is doing quite WELL financially...

Sources: Forbes, as well as my own experience as an accounts receivable accountant for a local family owned real estate company. When it comes to accounting and real estate, I know what I am talking about.
    True, but Trump isn’t just another business person, he is the President of the United States, and when the President is facing a billion in debt soon to be due the question of how this burden effects his decisions as President is important, especially as it applies to foreign entities.

15. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,567 Times in 17,094 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Precisely. These leftist morons don't have the slightest clue about how businesses operate. They have no idea what leverage is, nor why a company makes use of it.

Trump's debt/asset and debt/equity ratios are quite healthy; his company is quite financially stable.

Leftist twits don't realize that perspective is important. Yes, to you and I, $400 million (and $1 billion) are extremely large numbers, but in perspective to the Trump brand as a whole, those really aren't all that large of numbers at all...
    Trump crowed about being the master of debt. Then when he was broke and American banks would give him a pen from the bank offices, he shows up cash-rich and outright buys several extremely expensive golf courses and properties. Cash deal. Those courses are bleeding money. You will find they are great for money laundering, but no way to make money.
    Trump is in the hospitality business. When he has to pay up, he will have to liquidate properties that have a lot less value than he originally claimed.
    Trump is in trouble.