Thread: Barrett: Your Career Is Means To An End Which Is A Kingdom Of God

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Barrett: Your Career Is Means To An End Which Is A Kingdom Of God

"Barrett’s comments about building the “Kingdom of God” trace back to a 2006 commencement speech she gave at Notre Dame Law School.

She encouraged the graduating class to “keep in mind that your legal career is but a means to an end, and as Father Jenkins told you this morning, that end is building the kingdom of God.”"

Good grief.

This woman has no business on the SCOTUS.

USA Today Fact check: 'Kingdom of God' comment by SCOTUS contender Amy Coney Barrett lacks context in meme

I don't care what the context is.

Anybody who would say that in any setting is not appropriate for the SCOTUS, period.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Republicans are making a sham of the SCOTUS by rushing nominations through.

They prevented the public from seeing 98% of the information on Kav, and now they are in a mad race to get Barrett confirmed before election day.\

They know if 45 loses it will make their effort to seat Barrett all the more non-credible.

The American people are now voting. Millions have already voted. If they don't elect 45 it means we are getting a SCOTUS pick from someone who does not have the support of the American people.

Republicans appear to be hell-bent on destroying the credibility of government.

That doesn't make America great.

A great country is not one where people hate their government.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

She's been well groomed for this.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    She's been well groomed for this.
    They don't believe in separation of religion and State.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Jack (10-16-2020)

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    "Barrett’s comments about building the “Kingdom of God” trace back to a 2006 commencement speech she gave at Notre Dame Law School.

She encouraged the graduating class to “keep in mind that your legal career is but a means to an end, and as Father Jenkins told you this morning, that end is building the kingdom of God.”"

Good grief.

USA Today Fact check: 'Kingdom of God' comment by SCOTUS contender Amy Coney Barrett lacks context in meme

Anybody who would say that in any setting is not appropriate for the SCOTUS, period.
    WHO TJHE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ??

MOST AMERICANS ARE CHRISTIANS...BY FAR.

SGHE MAKES THE SIXTH JUSTIC EWHO IS CATRHOLIC.

CHOKE ON IT.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Religion is a personal belief and has no place in government.

That is because government is the central organization of the entire nation, including all different religions and no religion at all.

Government simply cannot be driven by any one religion, period.

It's wrong.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post

CHOKE ON IT.
    Most Americans are not actually Christians, you stupid whore.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If government were to show any deference to any religion it would be forcing religion onto others.

Religion absolutely must be a voluntary decision.

If someone chooses to follow a religion then that is their own choice.

If people are forced to follow a religion that makes the religion false.

Religion is a belief system, not fact. Freedom means being free to observe a religion or not. Total personal discretion.

Having a religion forced onto people is not freedom. No country is great if it forces people to pretend to believe things they do not think are true.

Faith must come from within. Any belief forced onto people is not faith.

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 89 Times in 83 Posts

Good grief.

Pretty mainstream Christianity. Not sure what you're outraged by.

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,554 Times in 17,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post

CHOKE ON IT.
    So you do not understand what freedom of religion means. We all knew that about you. America was also founded on the separation of church and state. You want Catroilics to run the government based on their bible interpretations. We have freedom from religion too. Keep your religion to yourself.

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello votebiden,

Quote Originally Posted by votebiden View Post
    Pretty mainstream Christianity. Not sure what you're outraged by.
    There is a difference between outrage and simply stating a belief.

Christianity is personal choice. It has no place in government.

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good grief.

It's a common phrase used by Christians.

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 89 Times in 83 Posts

Hello votebiden,

There is a difference between outrage and simply stating a belief.

Christianity is personal choice. It has no place in government.
    No US President has ever denied believing in God. Like I said, Christianity is mainstream culture.

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Who really doesn't believe in separation of church and state? Ted Cruz's father. And Ted himself probably.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-16-2020)

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello AProudLefty,

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    It's a common phrase used by Christians.
    That is all fine and well but her chosen career would affect my life if this goes through. I can't feel assured that her religion won't affect her job performance. I don't want her working for me.

The whole process is being rushed.

This is an lifetime appointment.

This kind of thing deserves far more scrutiny.