Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 875

Thread: Why do people still believe in Jesus and Christianity?

  1. #286 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    13,871
    Thanks
    1,650
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 3,690 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 284 Times in 269 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    I am. Proive it?
    Still waiting sport....
    ERIC CIARAMELLA whose name may not be spoken

  2. #287 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    7,295
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,871 Times in 2,231 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Define 'physical nature'. Buzzword fallacy.
    If there is NOTHING BEYOND THE NATURAL..........let them explain via the natural laws of physics just how the natural universe came into existence.

    How did everything come from NOTHING as one of the smartest humans to ever live OPININED......Stephen Hawking. Yeah......SPONTANEOUS CREATION? Hawking opined: Since GRAVITY exists the universe created itself. Logically speaking, GRAVITY is SOMETHING RATHER THAN NOTHING or there would be no need to have A LAW quantifying that reality, as that is the purpose of a natural law. Hawking is or rather was FULL OF CRAP as he most certainly lost touch with REALITY in attempting to explain CREATION as being the result of NOTHING all in an attempt to explain away the necessity of the SUPER(IOR) to NATURAL force that CAUSED the NATURAL to exist. When you begin with nothing -0- you will always have -0- NOTHING unless something SUPERIOR adds unto that equation.

    You can attempt to explain away this reality via propagating a false premise that ALTERNATE UNIVERSES or planes of reality MUST EXIST.....but then again, even those supposed EXTRA DEMINSIONS "must have had a beginning" at some point on this supposed infinite line of BS reasoning........ its just CIRCULAR REASONING based upon a logical fallacy. Again....great minds like Hawking are so brilliant that sometimes they just lose touch with reality and go bad shit insane when the numbers just don't add up to a non-existing creating force. Call that force what you will....but I for one accept the reality that whatever that force is.......its superior to me and I simply bend a knee in worship. Thus far, the Holy Scriptures are the only thing that logically makes sense.

    Now some secular will attempt to tell us ..........its the fault of the less intelligent for not being able to comprehend what Hawking was really declaring.....yeah, when a secular reaches this point, IT MUST be the stupidity of everyone else that does not allow them to understand how EVERYTHING CAME FROM NOTHING void of a pre-existing superior CAUSE based upon the law of Causality.
    Last edited by Ralph; 10-17-2020 at 08:05 PM.

  3. #288 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    30,825
    Thanks
    13,889
    Thanked 18,390 Times in 9,497 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 2,135 Times in 1,904 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    If there is NOTHING BEYOND THE NATURAL..........let them explain via the natural laws of physics just how the natural universe came into existence.
    Possibly by quantuum physics.
    You are a prisoner of classical mechanics - that every event must have a cause.

    This is a false premise.

    It is well established in quantum mechanics that the creation of matter can be uncaused— it can spring from nothing.

    It is not implausible to speculate that the singularity at the origin of the universe did not necessarily have to have a cause; that we are required to assume something had to exist before the singularity.

  4. #289 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    7,295
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,871 Times in 2,231 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Possibly by quantuum physics.
    You are a prisoner of classical mechanics - that every event must have a cause.

    This is a false premise.

    It is well established in quantum mechanics that the creation of matter can be uncaused— it can spring from nothing.

    It is not implausible to speculate that the singularity at the origin of the universe did not necessarily have to have a cause; that we are required to assume something had to exist before the singularity.
    Yeah......as I stated. Enlighten us........using QUANTUM MECHANICS demonstrate to us how matter can be UNCASUED....it must be the fault of STUPID people that simply don't understand (I saw this coming even before you had a thought on how to respond) how the laws of physics simply do not apply when there is a need for MATTER to be created from NOTHING. This is more than laughable as pointed out by your use of the words.............SPECULATE and the ever popular OBJECTIVE (he said sarcastically) term NOT IMPLAUSIBLE. Why not go through the entire spectrum of words....."looks like", "suggests"...."could have", "Possibly" and all the other SUBJECTIVE TERMS used in an attempt to explain away logic and reason. Real, APPLIED (applicable) SCIENCE does not use such terms...real science uses objective, testable, REPRODUCIBLE FACTS in concluding TRUTH.

    SPECULATE: to believe something based upon uncertainty or tentative grounds.

    TENTATIVE: Under terms not fully worked out or agreed upon.

    Again......the scriptures remain UNBROKEN unless you demand Speculation and half assed hypothesis trump the natural laws of physics.

    Question? If Quantum Mechanics can explain how something came from nothing.........why did Hawking omit this brilliant fact of science and attempt to declare that everything came from nothing because a natural law pre-existed creation? The Law of Gravity........which is something rather than nothing.
    Last edited by Ralph; 10-17-2020 at 08:39 PM.

  5. #290 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    94,917
    Thanks
    6,432
    Thanked 27,210 Times in 21,656 Posts
    Groans
    2,238
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 2,108 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

    It is well established in quantum mechanics that the creation of matter can be uncaused— it can spring from nothing.
    your religion sounds like everybody else's........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

  6. #291 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    30,825
    Thanks
    13,889
    Thanked 18,390 Times in 9,497 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 2,135 Times in 1,904 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Possibly by quantuum physics.
    You are a prisoner of classical mechanics - that every event must have a cause.

    This is a false premise.

    It is well established in quantum mechanics that the creation of matter can be uncaused— it can spring from nothing.

    It is not implausible to speculate that the singularity at the origin of the universe did not necessarily have to have a cause; that we are required to assume something had to exist before the singularity.

    Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    your religion sounds like everybody else's........
    Quantum mechanics blew Albert Einstein's mind, and if a mind as brilliant as his had trouble accepting it, I can see how it would literally seem like voodoo to persons of inferior intelligence, such as yourself

  7. #292 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    94,917
    Thanks
    6,432
    Thanked 27,210 Times in 21,656 Posts
    Groans
    2,238
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 2,108 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Quantum mechanics blew Albert Einstein's mind, and if a mind as brilliant as his had trouble accepting it, I can see how it would literally seem like voodoo to persons of inferior intelligence, such as yourself
    quantum physics is a faith statement that some folks pretend is science........but there are no facts involved in the field of study......no experimentation, no scientific theories......nothing but fantasy......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

  8. #293 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    30,825
    Thanks
    13,889
    Thanked 18,390 Times in 9,497 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 2,135 Times in 1,904 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Yeah......as I stated. Enlighten us........using QUANTUM MECHANICS demonstrate to us how matter can be UNCASUED....it must be the fault of STUPID people that simply don't understand (I saw this coming even before you had a thought on how to respond) how the laws of physics simply do not apply when there is a need for MATTER to be created from NOTHING. This is more than laughable as pointed out by your use of the words.............SPECULATE and the ever popular OBJECTIVE (he said sarcastically) term NOT IMPLAUSIBLE. Why not go through the entire spectrum of words....."looks like", "suggests"...."could have", "Possibly" and all the other SUBJECTIVE TERMS used in an attempt to explain away logic and reason. Real, APPLIED (applicable) SCIENCE does not use such terms...real science uses objective, testable, REPRODUCIBLE FACTS in concluding TRUTH.

    SPECULATE: to believe something based upon uncertainty or tentative grounds.

    TENTATIVE: Under terms not fully worked out or agreed upon.

    Again......the scriptures remain UNBROKEN unless you demand Speculation and half assed hypothesis trump the natural laws of physics.

    Question? If Quantum Mechanics can explain how something came from nothing.........why did Hawking omit this brilliant fact of science and attempt to declare that everything came from nothing because a natural law pre-existed creation? The Law of Gravity........which is something rather than nothing.
    You asked for a possible origin of the universe using physical principles.

    I gave you one.

    Quantuum fluctuations and virtual particles are known to result in matter springing out of nothing. Smarter people than me have made this observation.

    No one knows how the universe originated. Seems to me that quantum fluctuations are just as plausible as the literal account in the book of Genesis. I personally think we do not even yet understand the physics of how the universe originated and maybe we never will. It may always be the realm of conjecture.

  9. #294 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    State of Bliss
    Posts
    27,576
    Thanks
    7,095
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    433
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by votebiden View Post
    Science deals with physical nature. So unless God is a physical object, science has nothing to say.
    Did it say some place in the bible that God is a physical object??

    Are you a physical object?? Like a sock or clone??

    THE PURPOSE OF RELIGION ISN'T TO DISPROVE SCIENCE

    THE PURPOSE OF SCIENCE ISN'T TO DISPROVE RELIGION

    Corporate America is the lobbying arm of the CCP and Wall Street is the investor relations department

    Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people - does not even pretend to try, instead, he tries to divide us

    We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership Mattis

  10. #295 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    677
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 135 Times in 98 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 44 Times in 41 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Did it say some place in the bible that God is a physical object??

    Are you a physical object?? Like a sock or clone??

    THE PURPOSE OF RELIGION ISN'T TO DISPROVE SCIENCE

    THE PURPOSE OF SCIENCE ISN'T TO DISPROVE RELIGION

    I'm a physical object. I am eating now. so , yeah

  11. #296 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    677
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 135 Times in 98 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 44 Times in 41 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    quantum physics is a faith statement that some folks pretend is science........but there are no facts involved in the field of study......no experimentation, no scientific theories......nothing but fantasy......
    Werner Heisenberg did experiments.

  12. #297 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,843
    Thanks
    1,628
    Thanked 1,845 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Groans
    19
    Groaned 404 Times in 383 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Mantra 8b.
    I accept your surrender, whore.

  13. #298 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    8,865
    Thanks
    739
    Thanked 3,282 Times in 2,607 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 102 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Why do people still believe in Jesus and Christianity?
    It's fewer and fewer all the time but the reason people believe is because it improves their lives generally.
    There are times when it's better to slap a hand than hold it.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

    anatta (10-18-2020)

  15. #299 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    life
    Posts
    41,100
    Thanks
    10,782
    Thanked 17,281 Times in 12,028 Posts
    Groans
    230
    Groaned 1,627 Times in 1,550 Posts

    Default


  16. #300 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    94,917
    Thanks
    6,432
    Thanked 27,210 Times in 21,656 Posts
    Groans
    2,238
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 2,108 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by votebiden View Post
    Werner Heisenberg did experiments.
    what did he do, mail letters to places outside the universe and count the replies he got?.......


    He earned his doctorate in 1923, with a thesis on a problem in hydrodynamics, though he nearly failed due to his poor performance on the required experimental questions on the oral examination.
    https://www.aps.org/publications/aps...certain%20way.

    the best he has ever come up with is a theory that since there is something happening that cannot be observed or tested it "proves" the existence of a place where things cannot be observed or tested......
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 10-18-2020 at 05:48 AM.
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

Similar Threads

  1. ROFLOLMAO! ROGER STONE HAS FOUND JESUS! & SAYS JESUS HAS FORGIVEN TRUMP
    By Centerleftfl in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 03-06-2020, 09:50 PM
  2. Jesus "Tempts" Republicans With Christianity Matthew 19:21
    By Anti-Party in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-07-2013, 11:40 AM
  3. Christianity?
    By signalmankenneth in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 12:54 AM
  4. WTF? "We hunt people for Jesus".?
    By Cancel5 in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-18-2009, 10:03 AM
  5. End of Christianity?
    By OrnotBitwise in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-18-2006, 07:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •