Thread: trump has no plan

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,310 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Default trump has no plan

Did you know the Republicans are the first American party to have no platform? They just promise to do whatever trump says. trump has no plans, just wild accusations.

At the NBC Town Hall, the President Demonstrated That He Is Completely Insane
    Jack Holmes
    Thu, October 15, 2020, 10:48 PM EDT·4 mins read

NBC was kind enough to broadcast to the world, yet again, that the President of the United States is completely insane. At one point during a town hall in Miami on Thursday night, Donald Trump explained that he shared a conspiracy theory with his 87 million Twitter followers alleging Joe Biden helped orchestrate the killing of Seal Team 6 members—to cover up that the Osama bin Laden assassination was, in this formulation, faked—on the following basis:

TRUMP: That was a retweet. That was an opinion of somebody. And that was a retweet. I put it out there, people can decide for themselves.

Sure! Just send it out there to millions of people. Who cares whether it has any relationship to reality? Who cares how many lives get ground up and discarded along the way? It might, in this deeply depressing view of the human race, get you a few votes.

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Moderator Savannah Guthrie, doing what she could with a poisoned chalice of an assignment, had an apt response.

GUTHRIE: You're the president. You're not, like, someone's crazy uncle who can retweet whatever.

Elsewhere here, the president was able to simply denounce white supremacy this time, having kicked off a flurry of excitement and activity among the right-wing paramilitary set with his inability to do so two weeks ago. It's a low bar, sure, but he failed to clear one of similar height when it came to a question on QAnon. To be clear, this a cult whose members say the president's political opponents—Democrats, members of the media, anybody they see as an enemy—are all members of a Satanic pedophile cabal. They openly dream of the day that these enemies are rounded up, arrested, and executed.

As NBC News reporter Ben Collins, who tracks disinformation and extremism online, put it on Twitter: "Outside of a straight up endorsement, this is about as about as close to a dream scenario for QAnon followers as is humanly possible." Collins has also pointed out that, contrary to the president's suggestion, the QAnon types are not at all helpful for actually fighting pedophilia, as organizations dedicated to doing so have made abundantly clear.

But even beyond the nutso elements—on whether he got tested before the last presidential debate, the president offered, I test quite a bit, I test all the time, I don't even remember, I probably did, I possibly didn't—there is the more basic element that the president does not have any goals or plans for the country he's asking to lead for four more years.

He demonstrated here that he has no healthcare plan. He has no plan to suppress the coronavirus. He has no infrastructure plan. He has no climate plan. He has no plan to address wealth inequality. He has no plan for racial justice in policing and the criminal justice system. He has no plan for rural America. He has no housing plan. He has no plan for Native communities. He has no plan to counter China beyond the tariff tit-for-tat. He has no plan to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon now that he blew up the agreement that his predecessor made. He has no plan to provide people a way out of crippling student-loan debt, or to make college more affordable.

He has no second-term agenda. When he's asked about it, he cannot articulate one. On his website, there is only a "Promises Kept" tab. There's nothing about the future. There is no future, only the snarling madness of his permanent present. (This is not normal: Joe Biden has many specific plans for what he would do in office on his website.) The Republican Party adopted no platform at its convention this year. They basically just pledged to do whatever Trump wants to do. That's a fairly honest admission about the state of the party, but it also signals we'd have another four years of the national agenda being whatever an addled and paranoid old man saw on Fox News that morning and decided to tweet about. Oh, and strengthening and consolidating corporate power, through the conservative-stacked courts if need be.

Surely we've had enough. Surely it's time for someone to govern the country again, not just use it as a backdrop for his reverse-Truman Show—and as an escape pod to flee his definitely real career as a Business Man who makes Business Deals. The president is the greatest con artist of all time, even with this country's rich history of snake oil and Ponzi schemes. He's deep into One Last Job, but surely we know the trick by now. We all know Mexico ain't paying for that wall. Surely this country has had enough of this ugly bullshit. Good God almighty, enough.
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/nbc-...024800314.html

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump has got no plan just a lot of hot air and crazy BS.
    Lock Him Up

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Another Nazi tactic, blame your enemies for what is actually true about you! What Biden policy gets you jazzed?

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,310 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Hmmm...
    In Town Halls, Trump Defends Dangerous Theories As Biden Paints Vision For Future
    Trump, on NBC, refused to denounce QAnon and waffled on face masks as Biden, on ABC at the same time, declared the “words of a president matter.”
    headshot
    By Nick Visser

President Donald Trump refused to denounce dangerous conspiracy theories and undercut efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19 as former Vice President Joe Biden called for a national strategy to combat the pandemic and painted his vision for America as the two held dueling town halls Thursday night that forced viewers to choose whom to watch in prime time.

The separate events took place after the second presidential debate was scrapped amid infighting between the Trump campaign and the Commission on Presidential Debates following the president’s positive COVID-19 diagnosis and his refusal to participate in a virtual event.

In one of the most combative moments of the night, Trump refused to criticize QAnon, the dangerous and baseless set of conspiracy theories that paint the president as a crusader against a shadowy cult of Satan-worshipping Democrats who traffic children for sex. There is zero evidence to support those allegations, but the movement has gained so many supporters that it has been adopted by a growing number of Republican candidates for public office.

“I know nothing about it,” Trump said Thursday, attacking NBC moderator Savannah Guthrie for asking about QAnon. “What I do hear about it is that they are very strongly against pedophilia, and I agree with that.”

Trump also repeated his false claims about fraud being widespread with the use of advance voting and said he “probably” owes money to foreign banks amid The New York Times’ extensive reporting on his tax returns.

The two candidates shared vastly different opinions about the coronavirus pandemic, which has killed more than 217,000 people in America. The president waffled and said there were “two stories” behind mask-wearing despite ongoing medical advice from America’s health experts that the use of face coverings can dramatically thwart the spread of the virus.

Trump also refused to say if he had taken a coronavirus test before his first presidential debate with Biden, despite being pressed on the question by Guthrie, continuing a trend of obfuscation about his health both during and after his bout with COVID-19.

“I probably did, and I took a test the day before and the day before,” Trump said. “Possibly I did. Possibly I didn’t.”

Biden said he had taken a test that came up negative on Thursday night, as he has most days. “If I had not passed that test, I wouldn’t want to come here and expose anybody.

“The words of a president matter,” Biden said earlier in the evening. “When a president doesn’t wear a mask or makes fun of folks like me when I was wearing a mask for a long time, then, you know, people say, ‘Well, it must not be that important.’”

Biden, who has been consistently ahead in the polls with just under three weeks until the Nov. 3 election, was relatively muted during his event on ABC, often going into complex, and dry, explanations about his proposals to combat climate change, protect transgender rights and support Black Americans.

Subscribe to the Politics email.
    From Washington to the campaign trail, get the latest politics news.
    address@email.com
    The former vice president was pressed on his opinions about expanding the Supreme Court in light of Trump’s election-season nomination of Judge Amy Coney Barrett, and he largely refused to share his opinions (he said he would give an answer “depending on how [Republicans] handle this” before the election).

He also called his decision to support a 1994 crime bill he was instrumental in supporting at least partially a “mistake.”

Biden, asked by ABC News moderator George Stephanopoulos how he would use his own tenure as president to undo much of the work of his predecessor and Republican lawmakers’ attempts to stymie bipartisanship, said he would not follow in those footsteps.

“In politics, grudges don’t work. They make no sense. I really mean it,” Biden said. “We’ve got to change the nature of the way we deal with one another.”

At the end of his event, Trump was asked why he deserves a second term. His response was brief:

“Because I’ve done a great job,” he said.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b6dc2d17f55056