1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I've come to realize that probably 85% of what Trumpanzees say is just bullshit calculated to get a response out of non-Trumpanzees, hopefully an angry one. Then they can hoot and pound their shrunken chests and say "Libs are always so angry!" lol
    Trolling goes both ways.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed and such people, regardless of political polarity, should never be trusted. Maybe they're lying, maybe they're just mentally ill. Either way, they are untrustworthy.

Let's be honest, most of us are here for entertainment. Engaging those people can be entertaining. Taking them seriously crosses the line into sharing their insanity or dishonesty.
    I am here at Just Plain Politics for just that, honest and sincere political discussions. I wish more people were. To me, it is a shame that nobody, not one poster, has adopted my PIP. To me, it makes all the sense in the world. I can understand why anti-social trolls are here. But the way I approach this forum to me is purely logical. So logical that it should work for everybody. I see it as sad that I am the only one who comes right out and says I respect others and I will not stand for trolling, that I am here solely for the political discussions. Ideally, the best forum would be comprised of only people who are dedicated to the academic discussions without the lame personal attacks. If this forum were named aptly, the current name would not be it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (10-31-2020)

4. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,631 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

I am here at Just Plain Politics for just that, honest and sincere political discussions. I wish more people were. To me, it is a shame that nobody, not one poster, has adopted my PIP. To me, it makes all the sense in the world. I can understand why anti-social trolls are here. But the way I approach this forum to me is purely logical. So logical that it should work for everybody. I see it as sad that I am the only one who comes right out and says I respect others and I will not stand for trolling, that I am here solely for the political discussions. Ideally, the best forum would be comprised of only people who are dedicated to the academic discussions without the lame personal attacks. If this forum were named aptly, the current name would not be it.
    I've been on several forums. They're all about the same because any idiot with Internet access can post on them. What makes JPP different is that same fucking moron can post half a dozen times using socks. The owner(s) don't want to do that so we have the current situation.

If JPP banned socks, it would lose, by my count, about a dozen or more members.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

5. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,567 Times in 17,094 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

It was pointed out today that yesterday, one day, we had more Corona cases than China has had since December. The Corona failure in the US is Trump. It could have been stopped. He did not do it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Doc Dutch (10-31-2020), PoliTalker (11-02-2020)

7. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    It was pointed out today that yesterday, one day, we had more Corona cases than China has had since December. The Corona failure in the US is Trump. It could have been stopped. He did not do it.
    It will take 6-12 months for the dust to settle and data to be analyzed. American leadership, or lack of it, will certainly play a big part in the US failure to contain the virus.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-02-2020)

9. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

I've been on several forums. They're all about the same because any idiot with Internet access can post on them. What makes JPP different is that same fucking moron can post half a dozen times using socks. The owner(s) don't want to do that so we have the current situation.

If JPP banned socks, it would lose, by my count, about a dozen or more members.
    If they did that the post count and the click count would go way down.

Questionable priorities.

But, of course, this is free to the users. Anybody who wants to complain can have all the money back that they paid to get in here, exactly zero.

We are getting exactly what we paid for.

Anything that seems too good to be true usually is.

If it seems to be free that you are getting something useful to you, then that almost seems too good to be true.

And it is.

How much volume would a chat room have if the participants had to pay just to sign up and then pay a regular fee to stay in?

THEN the posters could have more of a basis to expect something in return for what has been paid.

Not paying?

No basis to complain.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-02-2020)

11. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

If they did that the post count and the click count would go way down.

Questionable priorities.

But, of course, this is free to the users. Anybody who wants to complain can have all the money back that they paid to get in here, exactly zero.

We are getting exactly what we paid for.

Anything that seems too good to be true usually is.

If it seems to be free that you are getting something useful to you, then that almost seems too good to be true.

And it is.

How much volume would a chat room have if the participants had to pay just to sign up and then pay a regular fee to stay in?

THEN the posters could have more of a basis to expect something in return for what has been paid.

Not paying?

No basis to complain.
    The post count would drop equal to the number of posts by socks jerking each other off, but if restricted to a single account, the person would keep posting.

While I agree about "the road of good intentions", the Republicans are making exactly the same mistake the Democrats always do. Before, as in the Goldwater-Reagan era, the Republicans would balance out the Democrat excesses and vice-versa. Now that both are doing exactly the same thing, there is no stopping them until enough of TPTB scream "STOP!" before the nation tips over into bankruptcy.

12. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

The post count would drop equal to the number of posts by socks jerking each other off, but if restricted to a single account, the person would keep posting.

While I agree about "the road of good intentions", the Republicans are making exactly the same mistake the Democrats always do. Before, as in the Goldwater-Reagan era, the Republicans would balance out the Democrat excesses and vice-versa. Now that both are doing exactly the same thing, there is no stopping them until enough of TPTB scream "STOP!" before the nation tips over into bankruptcy.
    America is already effectively bankrupt, it simply has not be recognized and declared yet but it will be, there is no avoiding it now.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

13. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This thread continues to be a lie...COVID in Mississippi is relatively stable.....on the 12th there were 507 covid in hospital, now there is 565...there are 14,000 beds.

https://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/14,0,420.html
    https://www.aha.org/statistics/fast-facts-us-hospitals
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

14. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    America is already effectively bankrupt, it simply has not be recognized and declared yet but it will be, there is no avoiding it now.
    Not even close, but if Trump stays at the helm, he'll send the nation to the same rocks he steered most of his companies towards.

15. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not even close, but if Trump stays at the helm, he'll send the nation to the same rocks he steered most of his companies towards.
    WRONG

https://www.cato.org/publications/co...ldnt-care-less

16. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This thread continues to be a lie...COVID in Mississippi is relatively stable.....on the 12th there were 507 covid in hospital, now there is 565...there are 14,000 beds.

https://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/_static/14,0,420.html
    https://www.aha.org/statistics/fast-facts-us-hospitals
    Take your meds, dude. Let the dust settle and then count the body bags.

The problem is that hundreds of small towns with 20 "hospital beds" don't have mass isolation wards, ventilators and all of the other special needs of patients forced to be hospitalized because of COVID. Saying "14,000 beds" does not mean they can handle 14,000 cases of hospitalized COVID patients as your own links attest.

The first link admits Mississippi is overwhelmed with COVID patients. The second link points out all hospitals in all states are about 2/3s full. Georgia is the highest at 75%. They must have taking a really huuuuge bite of the apple at Trump rallies.

17. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Take your meds, dude. Let the dust settle and then count the body bags.

The problem is that hundreds of small towns with 20 "hospital beds" don't have mass isolation wards, ventilators and all of the other special needs of patients forced to be hospitalized because of COVID. Saying "14,000 beds" does not mean they can handle 14,000 cases of hospitalized COVID patients as your own links attest.

The first link admits Mississippi is overwhelmed with COVID patients. The second link points out all hospitals in all states are about 2/3s full. Georgia is the highest at 75%. They must have taking a really huuuuge bite of the apple at Trump rallies.
    They are not being asked to handle 14,000 covid, nor did I say they were, they are being asked to handle less than 600...stop lying.

18. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They are not being asked to handle 14,000 covid, nor did I say they were, they are being asked to handle less than 600...stop lying.
    Then why mention it?