Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Breaking: Donald Trump Loses. Beaten, Dejected, Angry, Mean.

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 38 Times in 38 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Donald Trump was nominated for the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize.

That may sound like a big deal, but actually it may not be as big a deal as it appears.

"There were 318 candidates for the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize, which is the fourth largest number in the history of the prize.[2] However, the Norwegian Nobel Committee does not reveal the names of nominators nor of the nominees for the Nobel Peace Prize before 50 years have passed. Full professors in relevant academic fields and national-level politicians in any country may propose candidates, and it does not require an invitation to submit a nomination; sometimes nominators make their proposals public, but the committee does not verify nominations.[3][4]"

That means if somebody wants to make it political and make a nomination just for the publicity, it is wide open for that.

And he has been upstaged by Greta Thunberg:

"The Swedish environmental activist was strongly tipped to win last year’s Nobel Peace Prize, which ended up going to the Ethiopian prime minister Abiy Ahmed for his efforts to resolve the border conflict with neighbouring Eritrea.

Once more, the teenager is thought to be one of the favourites for the 2020 accolade.

Dan Smith, director of the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, thinks she could win for her work in raising awareness about the climate emergency.

However, he thinks it would be better if an organisation and not an individual takes home the prize. "

Nobel Peace Prize 2020: From WHO to Greta Thunberg, who is tipped to win?

Oh, the suspense. Well, wonder no more. The announcement has been made and Trump lost. The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize goes to the United Nations World Food Programme WFP.

"The agency was given the prize for its efforts to combat hunger and improve conditions for peace.

The WFP, the 101st winner of a prize now worth 10m Swedish krona ($1.1m; £875,000), said it was "deeply humbled" to have won.

Some 107 organisations and 211 individuals were nominated for the award this year.

WFP head David Beasley told the BBC's Newshour he was in shock following the announcement.

"I was literally for the first time in my life without words," he said.

"To receive this award is a recognition to the men and women at the World Food Programme who put their lives on the line every day for the struggling, suffering people around the world. So I hope this is a signal and a message that the World Food Programme is a role model and that we all have got to do more.""

Once again, Donald Trump is a loser.

Too bad.

But hey. At least it gives him good practice at losing. That may come in handy, the way the election is going.
    The Nobel lost any status it had when they gave it to Obama.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Yea...'someone'. Maybe in February.

It's extra special that trump donors profit from these prisons.
    How are things in the Fever Swamps lol?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coldjoint View Post
    Well actually before then.

Arafat. After that it became something of a joke.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Did he ever really have a chance?
    No, basically anyone in position of power can nominate someone as long as they are in the U.N.. It was a very far right politician that nominated him and he was even nominated once before that time. A bigger ego implosion would be that Obama was likely nominated many times himself outside of the one he won.

5. The Following User Groans At Charoite For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-12-2020)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Charoite For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-12-2020)

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,037 Times in 14,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    How are things in the Fever Swamps lol?
    He claims to be Covid free. He still seems to be a little incoherent, though.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

8. The Following User Groans At Althea For This Awful Post:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-12-2020)

10. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Well actually before then.

Arafat. After that it became something of a joke.

You are right, I forgot about that. Obama finished the job.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to coldjoint For This Post:

12. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He claims to be Covid free. He still seems to be a little incoherent, though.
    Biden?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to coldjoint For This Post:

14. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello StoneByStone,

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    What do you think is the main reason?
    For disenchanted young people?

Lack of opportunity. The young are finding it difficult to put together as nice a life as the previous generation -who were unable to match the one before, etc etc etc.

Coupled with a great and rising disrespect for government, and a feeling of helplessness, asking why it is so difficult for them.

The reason, of course, is the great and highly efficient extraction of wealth from then 99% by the 1%. With it goes opportunity, hope, respect.

But now power, if we stand united.

We must vote in numbers, gain power, tax the rich, and more equitably redistribute the wealth.

Wealth concentration is crushing the heart of the 99%, the soul of America.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Althea,

The concentration camps, with forced sterilization kind of throw cold water on trump's bogus nomination.
    The ripping children away from their parents thing.

It would have soiled the Nobel credibility.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Trumpet (10-13-2020)

17. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,184 Times in 14,718 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Donald Trump was nominated for the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize.

That may sound like a big deal, but actually it may not be as big a deal as it appears.

"There were 318 candidates for the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize, which is the fourth largest number in the history of the prize.[2] However, the Norwegian Nobel Committee does not reveal the names of nominators nor of the nominees for the Nobel Peace Prize before 50 years have passed. Full professors in relevant academic fields and national-level politicians in any country may propose candidates, and it does not require an invitation to submit a nomination; sometimes nominators make their proposals public, but the committee does not verify nominations.[3][4]"

That means if somebody wants to make it political and make a nomination just for the publicity, it is wide open for that.

And he has been upstaged by Greta Thunberg:

"The Swedish environmental activist was strongly tipped to win last year’s Nobel Peace Prize, which ended up going to the Ethiopian prime minister Abiy Ahmed for his efforts to resolve the border conflict with neighbouring Eritrea.

Once more, the teenager is thought to be one of the favourites for the 2020 accolade.

Dan Smith, director of the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, thinks she could win for her work in raising awareness about the climate emergency.

However, he thinks it would be better if an organisation and not an individual takes home the prize. "

Nobel Peace Prize 2020: From WHO to Greta Thunberg, who is tipped to win?

Oh, the suspense. Well, wonder no more. The announcement has been made and Trump lost. The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize goes to the United Nations World Food Programme WFP.

"The agency was given the prize for its efforts to combat hunger and improve conditions for peace.

The WFP, the 101st winner of a prize now worth 10m Swedish krona ($1.1m; £875,000), said it was "deeply humbled" to have won.

Some 107 organisations and 211 individuals were nominated for the award this year.

WFP head David Beasley told the BBC's Newshour he was in shock following the announcement.

"I was literally for the first time in my life without words," he said.

"To receive this award is a recognition to the men and women at the World Food Programme who put their lives on the line every day for the struggling, suffering people around the world. So I hope this is a signal and a message that the World Food Programme is a role model and that we all have got to do more.""

Once again, Donald Trump is a loser.

Too bad.

But hey. At least it gives him good practice at losing. That may come in handy, the way the election is going.
    How many of those 318 people were nominated for three Nobel prizes?

18. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coldjoint View Post
    Amen!

19. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,837 Times in 17,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    How many of those 318 people were nominated for three Nobel prizes?
    Good grief you people say the dumbest things. One Norwegian nutcase has nominated him. Just one. That is no great accomplishment. Trump talked about it and got laughed at.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Althea (10-13-2020)

21. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Good grief you people say the dumbest things. One Norwegian nutcase has nominated him. Just one. That is no great accomplishment. Trump talked about it and got laughed at.
    Oh Really?

President Trump received his third 2020 Nobel Peace Prize nomination in September, this time from a group of Australian law professors.

Trump was first nominated for the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize by a Norwegian Parliament member for his role in the United Arab Emirates-Israel peace deal. Days later, a Swedish Parliament member nominated Trump again after he helped secure a deal for normalized economic relations between Serbia and Kosovo
    That would be three different nominators. Good grief you people say the dumbest things.

22. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    One Norwegian nutcase has nominated him. Just one. That is no great accomplishment. Trump talked about it and got laughed at.
    Seems to be at least one in every country.

23. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Seems to be at least one in every country.
    You are another uninformed Liberal.