Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking: Donald Trump Loses. Beaten, Dejected, Angry, Mean.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Breaking: Donald Trump Loses. Beaten, Dejected, Angry, Mean.

Donald Trump was nominated for the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize.

That may sound like a big deal, but actually it may not be as big a deal as it appears.

"There were 318 candidates for the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize, which is the fourth largest number in the history of the prize.[2] However, the Norwegian Nobel Committee does not reveal the names of nominators nor of the nominees for the Nobel Peace Prize before 50 years have passed. Full professors in relevant academic fields and national-level politicians in any country may propose candidates, and it does not require an invitation to submit a nomination; sometimes nominators make their proposals public, but the committee does not verify nominations.[3][4]"

That means if somebody wants to make it political and make a nomination just for the publicity, it is wide open for that.

And he has been upstaged by Greta Thunberg:

"The Swedish environmental activist was strongly tipped to win last year’s Nobel Peace Prize, which ended up going to the Ethiopian prime minister Abiy Ahmed for his efforts to resolve the border conflict with neighbouring Eritrea.

Once more, the teenager is thought to be one of the favourites for the 2020 accolade.

Dan Smith, director of the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, thinks she could win for her work in raising awareness about the climate emergency.

However, he thinks it would be better if an organisation and not an individual takes home the prize. "

Nobel Peace Prize 2020: From WHO to Greta Thunberg, who is tipped to win?

Oh, the suspense. Well, wonder no more. The announcement has been made and Trump lost. The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize goes to the United Nations World Food Programme WFP.

"The agency was given the prize for its efforts to combat hunger and improve conditions for peace.

The WFP, the 101st winner of a prize now worth 10m Swedish krona ($1.1m; £875,000), said it was "deeply humbled" to have won.

Some 107 organisations and 211 individuals were nominated for the award this year.

WFP head David Beasley told the BBC's Newshour he was in shock following the announcement.

"I was literally for the first time in my life without words," he said.

"To receive this award is a recognition to the men and women at the World Food Programme who put their lives on the line every day for the struggling, suffering people around the world. So I hope this is a signal and a message that the World Food Programme is a role model and that we all have got to do more.""

Once again, Donald Trump is a loser.

Too bad.

But hey. At least it gives him good practice at losing. That may come in handy, the way the election is going.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-12-2020), Earl (10-12-2020)

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (10-12-2020), Guno צְבִי (10-12-2020), martin (10-12-2020), moon (10-12-2020), ThatOwlWoman (10-12-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Did he ever really have a chance?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

The though of Trump's even being put forward for such a thing is the stuff of really wild fantasy. The American sense of humour has got out of hand!

6. The Following User Groans At Iolo/Penderyn For This Awful Post:

Earl (10-12-2020)

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (10-12-2020), moon (10-12-2020), PoliTalker (10-12-2020), ThatOwlWoman (10-12-2020)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Penderyn,

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    The though of Trump's even being put forward for such a thing is the stuff of really wild fantasy. The American sense of humour has got out of hand!
    We made him our leader, so the joke is on us.

But give us a break. We are a young country.

We don't have the history that Europe has.

Maybe we'll learn.

If we survive.

9. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (10-12-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (10-12-2020)

11. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Did he ever really have a chance?
    Given the ideological bent of the committee, not a snowballs chance lol.

Did Trump deserve it? Entirely different question. Trump certainly is more worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize than any other president since Reagan. Significant progress toward peace was made in the Middle East—instead of progress toward war in the Middle East.

Progress in Kosovo. These are the things the Committee looks for when choosing a winner.

But this is Donald Trump we’re talking about. Heads would explode.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-12-2020), dukkha (10-12-2020), Earl (10-12-2020), Grokmaster (10-12-2020), Matt Dillon (10-12-2020), PoliTalker (10-12-2020)

13. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

The president has said that he will not win the Nobel Peace Prize.

The far left majority of the committee is totally biased.

No surprise here.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-12-2020)

15. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Penderyn,

We made him our leader, so the joke is on us.

But give us a break. We are a young country.

We don't have the history that Europe has.

Maybe we'll learn.

If we survive.
    Most of you, evidently, are very much like us. The problem is, wherever out in the backwoods are they breeding up these hordes of trumpish weirdoes? Never mind: good American sense will win. After the Brexit vote, we are hardly in a position to feel superior to anybody!

16. The Following 2 Users Groan At Iolo/Penderyn For This Awful Post:

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (10-12-2020), PoliTalker (10-12-2020)

18. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Most of you, evidently, are very much like us. The problem is, wherever out in the backwoods are they breeding up these hordes of trumpish weirdoes? Never mind: good American sense will win. After the Brexit vote, we are hardly in a position to feel superior to anybody!
    Your weirdos need to clean the goat mierda from your filthy streets, America hating cabron.

19. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Given the ideological bent of the committee, not a snowballs chance lol.

Did Trump deserve it? Entirely different question. Trump certainly is more worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize than any other president since Reagan. Significant progress toward peace was made in the Middle East—instead of progress toward war in the Middle East.

Progress in Kosovo. These are the things the Committee looks for when choosing a winner.

But this is Donald Trump we’re talking about. Heads would explode.
    The thought of giving such a prestigious award to such a chintzy selfish person is repulsive.

He does have a good record on avoiding wars.

But he also frightened the world with his loose talk about conflict escalation.

And I don't think it is a very good way to get a Peace Prize if by some strange abomination that occurred, I mean, by giving F35 fighter jets as an incentive to establish formal relations?

If that had occurred, he would be the only person to get a Peace Prize for handing out advanced weapons of war like candy.

20. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

21. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Penderyn,

Ya know?

Ya just wanna outlaw propaganda, but then that goes against freedom of speech.

We pay such a heavy price for our freedoms.

And look at how China muzzles citizens, allows no freedom of speech, and like it or not, they are emerging as a major power with that policy.

22. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

23. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

He does have a good record on avoiding wars.

But he also frightened the world with his loose talk about conflict escalation.

And I don't think it is a very good way to get a Peace Prize if by some strange abomination that occurred, I mean, by giving F35 fighter jets as an incentive to establish formal relations?

If that had occurred, he would be the only person to get a Peace Prize for handing out advanced weapons of war like candy.
    i'm afraid to ask but who is giving away F-35s to whom?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

25. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Penderyn,

Ya know?

Ya just wanna outlaw propaganda, but then that goes against freedom of speech.

We pay such a heavy price for our freedoms.

And look at how China muzzles citizens, allows no freedom of speech, and like it or not, they are emerging as a major power with that policy.
    You used to have, like the BBC, a rule that the broadcasting media give both sides of an argument. The western world is everywhere under very heavy pressure to destroy any balance in favour of the Right (here, the tories use the licence fee to frighten and bully the BBC). What I've concluded is that out in the sticks over there they are living under a brainwashing regime more total than China's: I find it very difficult to understand how otherwise grown-up people can possibly believe such childish nonsense as some to the Trumpers on here spout! And has even China ever produced the likes of QAnon!
    Last edited by Iolo/Penderyn; 10-12-2020 at 07:20 AM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-12-2020), ThatOwlWoman (10-12-2020)

27. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

You used to have, like the BBC, a rule that the broadcasting media give both sides of an argument. The western world is everywhere under very heavy pressure to destroy any balance in favour of the Right (here, the tories use the licence fee to frighten and bully the BBC). What I've concluded is that out in the sticks over there they are living under a brainwashing regime more total than China's: I find it very difficult to understand how otherwise grown-up people can possibly believe such childish nonsense as some to the Trumpers on her spout! And has even China ever produced the likes of QAnon!
    When China monitors and censors everything on their internet they can, and puts people in gulags for political reasons, it's highly unlikely for you to ever hear of anything QAnon-ish coming out of there.

28. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    When China monitors and censors everything on their internet they can, and puts people in gulags for political reasons, it's highly unlikely for you to ever hear of anything QAnon-ish coming out of there.
    True, though most Chinese I've met seem pretty sane. The same, though, is true of all the Americans I've met: it's the mad brothers they keep in the cellar and let out for Trumpf rallies that bother me!

29. The Following User Groans At Iolo/Penderyn For This Awful Post:

30. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    i'm afraid to ask but who is giving away F-35s to whom?
    The stupid bitch just pulls shit out of her arse.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

dukkha (10-12-2020), Earl (10-12-2020)