Thread: Vatican Said Some Baptisms Were Fake

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,847 Times in 14,186 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Vatican Said Some Baptisms Were Fake

Earlier this year, though, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (the Inquisition, rebranded) declared that any baptisms performed with that modified formula were invalid: The use of the wrong set of words meant they never really became part of the Catholic Church.

In one well-reported case from the Archdiocese of Detroit, a parish priest serving in Utica found out that, according to the Church’s logic, he couldn’t possibly be a priest because he wasn’t even actually a Christian.

Nobody ever would have known, but Father Matthew Hood had a video record of his baptism, dating back to 1990 when camcorders were the hot new tech. He contacted his superiors at the archdiocese when he discovered that the man who baptized him, Deacon Mark Springer, had used the modern communally-oriented formula, effectively failing to baptize him altogether.

It was a fairly destabilizing experience for Father Hood:

It was devastating for me to find that out. There was definitely shock and sadness at finding out 30 years later that I was never baptized. It was an alienating sense that even though I was following the Lord, I wasn’t a Christian, and I wasn’t a priest, and I wasn’t a deacon.

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/...utm_content=44
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

did you know that circumcisions performed on semitic atheists were fake as well?.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Earlier this year, though, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (the Inquisition, rebranded) declared that any baptisms performed with that modified formula were invalid: The use of the wrong set of words meant they never really became part of the Catholic Church.

In one well-reported case from the Archdiocese of Detroit, a parish priest serving in Utica found out that, according to the Church’s logic, he couldn’t possibly be a priest because he wasn’t even actually a Christian.

Nobody ever would have known, but Father Matthew Hood had a video record of his baptism, dating back to 1990 when camcorders were the hot new tech. He contacted his superiors at the archdiocese when he discovered that the man who baptized him, Deacon Mark Springer, had used the modern communally-oriented formula, effectively failing to baptize him altogether.

It was devastating for me to find that out. There was definitely shock and sadness at finding out 30 years later that I was never baptized. It was an alienating sense that even though I was following the Lord, I wasn’t a Christian, and I wasn’t a priest, and I wasn’t a deacon.

We don't need a lefty version of Tom and his wonderous blogs.
    Last edited by Charoite; 10-10-2020 at 04:19 PM.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Such sad News. But, at least we have this:

"Jews and Mormons are once again battling over Mormons’ posthumous baptisms of Holocaust victims, and it’s not the last time the groups will spar."
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/mormon...o-end-practice

Thank God and Praise Jesus, these dead Jews will find Salvation through Our Lord in Heaven, Jesus Christ.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,115 Times in 12,640 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

These are the same people giving America lectures on politics and immigration policy, these fucks who cant even do their days jobs correctly, and who have long had a passion for sexually abusing kids.

Fuck Me.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

from the catholic news agency

Vatican: Baptisms administered 'in name of the community' are invalid

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/n...-invalid-27618
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    did you know that circumcisions performed on semitic atheists were fake as well?.....
    poor subhuman goyim

— Golda Meir

ברוך השם

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

poor subhuman goyim
    technically, since you are outside the covenant, you are goyim as well......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 727 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 372 Times in 345 Posts

Well, good thing there is no god.

A lot of Christian rituals were borrowed from other cults in Rome at the time. Baptism and the Eucharist are among them.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 42 Times in 40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Panetta View Post
    Well, good thing there is no god.
    A lot of Christian rituals were borrowed from other cults in Rome at the time. Baptism and the Eucharist are among them.
    No wonder those "man is God" Christiananality baptize thine eyes by urinations pedophilia have been granted standing under color of law....