Thread: The progression

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    not scary.
    No?

Dorit Reiss, a law professor at the University of California Hastings College of the Law in San Francisco, told TODAY, that refusing to follow a mandate could mean a fine, tax or other penalty, said Reiss, who studies legal and policy issues related to vaccines.

She expected COVID-19 hot spots would make the vaccine a requirement for its residents.

The federal government has ways to get people to vaccinate, imposing it as a condition of getting a passport.

States have the authority to regulate public health and they have in the past mandated vaccines. The classic case in this area of law, Jacobson v. Massachusetts in 1905, was decided by the Supreme Court after a smallpox outbreak.

Your employer could fire you if you refuse. “It's perfectly legitimate for an employer to regulate to make the workplace safer,” Reiss said. “They can certainly fire you if you don't want to follow health and safety rules. I expect there are also going to be a lot of workers who are grateful that their employer is trying to make the place safer for themselves and others.”

Airlines, restaurants, stores and stadiums can make the vaccine a condition of doing business with you.

“They can decide to refuse service to you for pretty much any reason,” Reiss said, pointing out a policy most shoppers are already familiar with: no shirt, no shoes, no service.

“There are people who don't like mandates, period, and they won't like this either,” Reiss said.

https://www.today.com/health/will-covid-19-vaccine-be-mandatory-t190838

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    It's cool to be a Borg drone.
    hard on demmycrats though......nanobots would literally be mind changing for you......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    hard on demmycrats though......nanobots would literally be mind changing for you......
    Resistance is futile.