Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Florida still a COVID disaster

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,421 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Default Florida still a COVID disaster

Things are not getting better. Its new daily case rate is higher than before the lockdowns. Rolling 7-day average deaths is 100 (highest in the nation).

Florida ranks at the bottom for testing (1/1000), but near the top for infection rates on the few tests they do run (11%).

Only Wisconsin is seeing bigger COVID spikes than Florida right now.

By November 1st, Florida is going to look like NY/NJ did 6 months ago.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Earl (10-02-2020)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Phantasmal (10-01-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,095 Times in 12,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Things are not getting better. Its new daily case rate is higher than before the lockdowns. Rolling 7-day average deaths is 100 (highest in the nation).

Florida ranks at the bottom for testing (1/1000), but near the top for infection rates on the few tests they do run (11%).

The so-called experts are learning how to treat COVID..so no.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Earl (10-02-2020)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    The so-called experts are learning how to treat COVID..so no.
    So is that why Florida's continuing to be #1 in deaths, day after day?

Why didn't learn how to treat it from what happened in NY/NJ months ago?

You were personally on JPP screaming about the deaths in NY/NJ, but now when it comes to a red state fucking up months later, suddenly your condemnation is a lot more measured.

Weird.

7. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Earl (10-02-2020)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

christiefan915 (10-01-2020), Phantasmal (10-01-2020), Trumpet (10-01-2020)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The so-called experts are learning how to treat COVID
    But weren't they learning those things 4-5 months ago in NY/NJ? What is the excuse for making the same fucking mistakes five months later?

Florida is going to look like NY/NJ by the end of this month.

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So is that why Florida's continuing to be #1 in deaths, day after day?

Why didn't learn how to treat it from what happened in NY/NJ months ago?

You were personally on JPP screaming about the deaths in NY/NJ, but now when it comes to a red state fucking up months later, suddenly your condemnation is a lot more measured.

Weird.
    You must have me confused with someone else.

The whole point of restraining this bug early was to give ourselves time to learn how to deal with it, so that more people can survive it....this bug has now been on the loose for a year....it is time to get back to our lives and hope that the medical people have figured out what to do enough that we personally survive it, because absent a vaccine this bug will continue to romp, there is no way to stop that.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

If the situation was not bad enough, Florida's Trumpian governor has just opened up the whole state for business as usual.
    Lock Him Up

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The whole point of restraining this bug early was to give ourselves time to learn how to deal with it, so that more people can survive it....this bug has now been on the loose for a year.
    Why has it been loose for a year?

What is the reason it wasn't restrained early?

it is time to get back to our lives
    Except for the 210,000+ who died and the hundreds of thousands more who will die. This is a very callous attitude.

and hope that the medical people have figured out what to do enough that we personally survive it, because absent a vaccine this bug will continue to romp, there is no way to stop that.
    Sure there is.

It's a very simple solution that will have an immediate impact.

It's only one word, and it's just five letters long.

MASKS.

13. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Earl (10-02-2020)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

and hope that the medical people have figured out what to do enough that we personally survive it, because absent a vaccine this bug will continue to romp, there is no way to stop that.
    I'm also gravely disappointed in your lack of vision or foresight.

We can very easily get this under control, a nationwide lockdown and mask mandate.

All we need is 4-6 weeks, tops, and transmission will drop, infections will decline, deaths will drop off.

The issue isn't that it's impossible to do that...it's not, it's quite simple. The issue is that doing so would be an admission that Trump and the GOP fucked up BIG TIME, and they are unwilling to make that concession.

So we really can't get past this until we address the diseased, rotten limbs that caused the body of the virus to spread; namely Trump, Fox News, the GOP, and Conservatives on social media.

Sever those limbs, and we'll be in as good shape as South Korea is now.

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    If the situation was not bad enough, Florida's Trumpian governor has just opened up the whole state for business as usual.
    That's why I said Florida is going to look like NY/NJ from four months ago by the end of the month.

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm also gravely disappointed in your lack of vision or foresight.

We can very easily get this under control, a nationwide lockdown and mask mandate.

All we need is 4-6 weeks, tops, and transmission will drop, infections will decline, deaths will drop off.

The issue isn't that it's impossible to do that...it's not, it's quite simple. The issue is that doing so would be an admission that Trump and the GOP fucked up BIG TIME, and they are unwilling to make that concession.

So we really can't get past this until we address the diseased, rotten limbs that caused the body of the virus to spread; namely Trump, Fox News, the GOP, and Conservatives on social media.

Sever those limbs, and we'll be in as good shape as South Korea is now.
    Temporally unless we do lockdowns forever, which kill a lot of people in and of themselves, degrades everyone's lives, and makes the coming economic depression worse. What we need to do is what has always been done in pandemics.....seclude those who are mostly likely to die as best we can and everyone else gets on with supporting civilization as best they can. Thankfully the so-called experts are finally getting a handle on who is most at risk with this bug. It sure took them long enough to figure it out.

DARK AGES SUCK!

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,815 Times in 2,129 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

Things are not getting better.
    This is because there is no problem from which to recover.

... all of which is simply a reporting scam. No otherwise healthy person has died from COVID-19.

COVID-19 Reporting Scam

NY/NJ has become a shithole. Florida will not somehow become that shithole before November.

Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Temporally unless we do lockdowns forever
    South Korea had 77 COVID cases yesterday.

Florida had 2,000.

which kill a lot of people in and of themselves,
    No they don't. Not at all. This is a lie. A bullshit, shitty, god awful fucking lie. One that came right from the mouth of Donald Trump that you are now repeating on JPP months after that stupid talking point was smacked the fuck down. Stop it.

degrades everyone's lives
    It says a lot about you personally, that you think staying in your home is a "degredation" of your life.

makes the coming economic depression worse.
    COMING? The depression is already here.

What we need to do is what has always been done in pandemics.....seclude those who are mostly likely to die as best we can and everyone else gets on with supporting civilization as best they can.
    Problem with that is that COVID affects everyone differently, and seemingly healthy people (like this kid) can suddenly drop dead just a couple weeks after becoming infected, despite not showing the symptoms we've come to associate with it.

Thankfully the so-called experts are finally getting a handle on who is most at risk with this
    bug.

Wishful thinking. They aren't. COVID affects everyone differently. You could be healthy and perfectly fine, and then two weeks later you drop dead. Like this:

Former Ledford basketball player Chad Dorrill, 19, dies due to COVID-19
    "You have no idea who you can come into contact that the virus affects differently. Chad was just incredibly tired for two weeks and little did we know it was secretly attacking his body in a way they have never seen before. The doctors said that Chad is the rarest 1-10,000,000 case but if it can happen to a super healthy 19-year-old boy who doesn't smoke, vape or do drugs, it can happen to anyone."
    https://www.the-dispatch.com/story/s...19/3575342001/

Not sure what argument you think you're making, but repeating the claims of Donald Trump is a sure fire way to lose that argument.

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,183 Times in 13,933 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Temporally unless we do lockdowns forever, which kill a lot of people in and of themselves, degrades everyone's lives, and makes the coming economic depression worse. What we need to do is what has always been done in pandemics.....seclude those who are mostly likely to die as best we can and everyone else gets on with supporting civilization as best they can. Thankfully the so-called experts are finally getting a handle on who is most at risk with this bug. It sure took them long enough to figure it out.
    NY has a .01% infection rate, is one of the leaders in testing, and yesterday had 17 deaths Statewide. At the same time NY is largely open, lockdown restrictions are limited. The State got to where it is by following the Science, testing, tracing and acting accordingly

Florida is the opposite, infection rates close to double digits, testing at designed lower rates, and with often daily death rates in the hundreds. Florida has done an awful job, ever really closed down, and is now with numbers climbing, opening up what little they closed

One is the recipe on how to contain the virus till a vaccine is found, the other, a train wreck, and all due to individuals political ambitions

20. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

LV426 (10-01-2020)

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    This is because there is no problem from which to recover.
    So you think COVID is all fake?

Then I dare you to go find a coronavirus patient in the hospital and lick their fever sweat. Then we'll see if you still think it's fake. Pussy.

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by IBDaMann View Post
    all of which is simply a reporting scam.
    Or maybe, just maybe, the person who bought Donald Trump's lies is a fucking moron who is imagining conspiracies that exist for no other reason than to make you look like an idiot on anonymous message boards.

NY/NJ has become a shithole. Florida will not somehow become that shithole before November.
    You have never once in your entire life ever visited NY or NJ.