Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jesse Jackson's New America

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

Default Jesse Jackson's New America

PREPARE for a new America: That's the message that the Rev. Jesse Jackson conveyed to participants in the first World Policy Forum, held at this French lakeside resort last week.

He promised "fundamental changes" in US foreign policy - saying America must "heal wounds" it has caused to other nations, revive its alliances and apologize for the "arrogance of the Bush administration."

The most important change would occur in the Middle East, where "decades of putting Israel's interests first" would end.

Jackson believes that, although "Zionists who have controlled American policy for decades" remain strong, they'll lose a great deal of their clout when Barack Obama enters the White House.

"Obama is about change," Jackson told me in a wide-ranging conversation. "And the change that Obama promises is not limited to what we do in America itself. It is a change of the way America looks at the world and its place in it."

Jackson warns that he isn't an Obama confidant or adviser, "just a supporter." But he adds that Obama has been "a neighbor or, better still, a member of the family." Jackson's son has been a close friend of Obama for years, and Jackson's daughter went to school with Obama's wife Michelle.

"We helped him start his career," says Jackson. "And then we were always there to help him move ahead. He is the continuation of our struggle for justice not only for the black people but also for all those who have been wronged."

"Barack is determined to repair our relations with the world of Islam and Muslims," Jackson says. "Thanks to his background and ecumenical approach, he knows how Muslims feel while remaining committed to his own faith."

http://tinyurl.com/3fcge9

Be Very Afraid

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

I'm sure all things being equal Obama would prefer Jesse Jackson not campaign on his behalf.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who listens to Jessie Jackson ?

the right apparently.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    Who listens to Jessie Jackson ?

the right apparently.
    ONLY when it serves this purposes. And not everyone on the right.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Here you go , evidencde of the racially tinged aspect of their hate for ACORN.

If YOU do not know Jessie Jackson Jr and have not heard him speak I think you will be amazed at this young man.

He is brilliant.

I have NO problems in knowing that he and Obama are good friends.

There is a segment of this country that live in the past and is it any wonder they think being a conservative is a great idea?

They want to conserve the racism of the past and infect our coutnry with it forever.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have seen and heard Jessie jackson. I do not disagree with too much of what he says. I do not like the guy however, he seems to be mainly out for Jessie.
    Proving tax cuts work!

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ohh I have not seen junior.
    Proving tax cuts work!

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Here you go , evidencde of the racially tinged aspect of their hate for ACORN.

If YOU do not know Jessie Jackson Jr and have not heard him speak I think you will be amazed at this young man.

He is brilliant.

I have NO problems in knowing that he and Obama are good friends.

There is a segment of this country that live in the past and is it any wonder they think being a conservative is a great idea?

They want to conserve the racism of the past and infect our coutnry with it forever.
    What do ACORN and Jesse Jackson Jr. have to do with what Jesse Jackson said abouve about Obama? So now not agreeing with Jesse Jackson is racist? That's good to know.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    What do ACORN and Jesse Jackson Jr. have to do with what Jesse Jackson said abouve about Obama? So now not agreeing with Jesse Jackson is racist? That's good to know.

draw your little spiderweb to try and tangle up the reality of what I said if you wish.

Its transparent.

The GOP is full force demonizing a group that enfranchises people of color.

They are pulling a willie Horton type move and its going to backfire.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

draw your little spiderweb to try and tangle up the reality of what I said if you wish.

Its transparent.

The GOP is full force demonizing a group that enfranchises people of color.

They are pulling a willie Horton type move and its going to backfire.
    Desh, did you read the article posted? The article is about Jesse Jackson speaking overseas about how he envisions an Obama Presidency. Please tell me how that involves ACORN and Jesse Jackson Jr. And what tangled web am I confused about? Talk about projecting.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Would someone please be so kind as to tell me if I am reading the right article? (Lord knows if wouldn't be the first time my dumb ass read the wrong thing or misread something.) The article I see posted is about Jesse Jackson speaking overseas about how he see's an Obama presidency playing out.

I don't see anything about ACORN and I don't see anything about Jesse Jackson Jr. Please let me know if I'm wrong. Thank you.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by webbway View Post
    PREPARE for a new America: That's the message that the Rev. Jesse Jackson conveyed to participants in the first World Policy Forum, held at this French lakeside resort last week.

He promised "fundamental changes" in US foreign policy - saying America must "heal wounds" it has caused to other nations, revive its alliances and apologize for the "arrogance of the Bush administration."

The most important change would occur in the Middle East, where "decades of putting Israel's interests first" would end.

Jackson believes that, although "Zionists who have controlled American policy for decades" remain strong, they'll lose a great deal of their clout when Barack Obama enters the White House.

"Obama is about change," Jackson told me in a wide-ranging conversation. "And the change that Obama promises is not limited to what we do in America itself. It is a change of the way America looks at the world and its place in it."

Jackson warns that he isn't an Obama confidant or adviser, "just a supporter." But he adds that Obama has been "a neighbor or, better still, a member of the family." Jackson's son has been a close friend of Obama for years, and Jackson's daughter went to school with Obama's wife Michelle.

"We helped him start his career," says Jackson. "And then we were always there to help him move ahead. He is the continuation of our struggle for justice not only for the black people but also for all those who have been wronged."

"Barack is determined to repair our relations with the world of Islam and Muslims," Jackson says. "Thanks to his background and ecumenical approach, he knows how Muslims feel while remaining committed to his own faith."

http://tinyurl.com/3fcge9

Be Very Afraid

read

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

read
    If you can read I just said I read the article Desh. Please tell me where I am wrong. It is Jesse Jackson stating how he feels an Obama presidency will play out. Where is your confusion in that? What are you not understanding?