Members banned from this thread: blackascoal, midcan5, moon, iolo, archives, ThatOwlWoman, Eagle_Eye, Jade Dragon, Flash, rjhenn, Jack, LV426, Poor Richard Saunders, StoneByStone, JPF, lecarrjan, Trumpet, Walt, Doc Dutch and jacksonsprat22

Thread: Trump gets it. Most republicans don't get it. NeverTrumpers don't want to get it.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Default Trump gets it. Most republicans don't get it. NeverTrumpers don't want to get it.

This election is not about policy. This election is about the soul of the country. Will we embrace and protect what has made this country great? Or will we head the way of Venezuela.

Trump has engaged the fight. Many republicans have not. NeverTrumpers still live in a fantasy world playing "conservative". They either aren't or are completely blind.

The left is fighting a war in this country. We have to engage the fight

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

I cant believe how clearly this paints the nature of "the Establisment".
    Ike painted it best as the military industrual complex but it goes so much farther now than in his day.
    Liberals are just too stupid. Nevertrumps have outted themselves. And the GOP are trying to hold onto their phoney baloney jobs (as Mel Brooks so aptly put it).

We are at the point of collapse attributed to Alexander Tyler described the lifecycle of a democracy.

If the establisment prevails, we're over.

Simple as that.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

canceled.2021.2 (10-01-2020)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    This election is not about policy. This election is about the soul of the country. Will we embrace and protect what has made this country great? Or will we head the way of Venezuela.

Trump has engaged the fight. Many republicans have not. NeverTrumpers still live in a fantasy world playing "conservative". They either aren't or are completely blind.

The left is fighting a war in this country. We have to engage the fight
    Do you reject conservatism?

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Do you reject conservatism?
    No which is why I support Trump

From a policy perspective, Trump has governed more as a conservative than any politician in my lifetime INCLUDING Reagan. And Reagan was the standard bear.

Policy wise it is inarguable, but the so called "principled" NeverTrumpers want to navel gaze and wring their hands over some of Trump's personal failings while ignoring everything policy wise. All I can presume from that these so called "principled" conservatives are either child like and want to hold out for their "perfect" candidate while losing or they are just big phony baloney frauds.

I have asked this same question of the self professed "principled" conservative (which I think are the same people who called themselves "compassionate" conservatives"). That question is this. List all of the specific POLICY issues you disagree with President Trump on?

Is it his pro life stance? Illegal immigration? Tax cuts? Dealing with China? Foreign policy? What exactly.

The answer I always get is this

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

From a policy perspective, Trump has governed more as a conservative than any politician in my lifetime INCLUDING Reagan. And Reagan was the standard bear.

Policy wise it is inarguable, but the so called "principled" NeverTrumpers want to navel gaze and wring their hands over some of Trump's personal failings while ignoring everything policy wise. All I can presume from that these so called "principled" conservatives are either child like and want to hold out for their "perfect" candidate while losing or they are just big phony baloney frauds.

I have asked this same question of the self professed "principled" conservative (which I think are the same people who called themselves "compassionate" conservatives"). That question is this. List all of the specific POLICY issues you disagree with President Trump on?

Is it his pro life stance? Illegal immigration? Tax cuts? Dealing with China? Foreign policy? What exactly.

Technically, he still hasn't dealt with China, because he has chosen to prioritize his milquetoast trade negotiations over holding them accountable.

Just wanted to see if you still called yourself a conservative or not. When Bush was using the compassionate label, it seemed to signify a divergent road, but, we still handed him the primary. I know that you hate McCain, but, he clearly would have been a better president.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Technically, he still hasn't dealt with China, because he has chosen to prioritize his milquetoast trade negotiations over holding them accountable.

Just wanted to see if you still called yourself a conservative or not. When Bush was using the compassionate label, it seemed to signify a divergent road, but, we still handed him the primary. I know that you hate McCain, but, he clearly would have been a better president.
    Than Trump?

Oh please spell that out

because you are talking about the guy who is best known as a "maverick" loved by the left, voted against tax cuts, was pro illegal immigration and voted to keep Obamacare.

So I can't wait to hear this

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Than Trump?

Oh please spell that out

because you are talking about the guy who is best known as a "maverick" loved by the left, voted against tax cuts, was pro illegal immigration and voted to keep Obamacare.

So I can't wait to hear this
    The problem with McCain is, like so many people, he was a sore loser. Hard to say how he would have handled the presidency. He wouldn't have bungled Iraq, though, so, that would have saved us billions.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The problem with McCain is, like so many people, he was a sore loser. Hard to say how he would have handled the presidency. He wouldn't have bungled Iraq, though, so, that would have saved us billions.
    So you made this statement

I know that you hate McCain, but, he clearly would have been a better president.
    I asked you how. You came back with something about Iraq which Trump had nothing to do with. Look, my question is very simple. But apparently NeverTrumpers struggle with it greatly.

The question is what policy's that Trump advocates do you disagree with?

It really befuddles the supposedly "principled" conservatives because today, not one has answered honestly

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

establishment conservatives hated Reagan nearly as much as they do Trump........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It appears I have lost yet another "principled" conservative with just one simple question