Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CPD Statement TOOLS TO BE ADDED so unhinged tyrants can be put in check..

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Sad, that after centuries we now have to add rules so trump will not be able to go off on unhinged rants & lies making a mockery of the word "debate"....

CPD Statement
    September 30, 2020

The Commission on Presidential Debates sponsors televised debates for the benefit of the American electorate. Last night’s debate made clear that additional structure should be added to the format of the remaining debates to ensure a more orderly discussion of the issues. The CPD will be carefully considering the changes that it will adopt and will announce those measures shortly. The Commission is grateful to Chris Wallace for the professionalism and skill he brought to last night’s debate and intends to ensure that additional tools to maintain order are in place for the remaining debates

The problem is the president.

Donald Trump doesn't know what a debate is.

He thinks it is a shouting match.

HE is the reason new rules will have to be added.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-30-2020)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Wallace was a joke. Had no authority. Had no control. I think he took this debate as seriously as Trump did.
    What should he have done given the tools he had??

What would you have done??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Bill,

The problem is the president.

Donald Trump doesn't know what a debate is.

He thinks it is a shouting match.

HE is the reason new rules will have to be added.
    & they are being added........... If I like them, I'll watch, if I don't I won't........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

What should he have done given the tools he had??

What would you have done??
    I'd tell Trump since he violates the rules he won't be given any more questions.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jacksonsprat22 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-30-2020)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    I'd tell Trump since he violates the rules he won't be given any more questions.
    lol.......... & trump would do what???

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,099 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 812 Times in 726 Posts

lol.......... & trump would do what???
    Don't care. Debate was pointless. We know our President is an asshole.

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,995 Times in 8,260 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    stupid.
    neither man does well in a short time of 2 minutes.1 minute for a rebuttal is insane -thats twitter type commenting

Give them a topic. let them speak for 3 minutes -then a 3 minute rebuttal -unless you dont want to let them talk more then just in soundbites
    trump needs more than 3 minutes, and he definitely needs a crowd. trump does not have core beliefs. he stands in front of a crowd, shouts one thing, sees if it works. If it does not work, he shouts the complete opposite.

It is oddly fascinating to watch, but it takes more than 3 minutes for trump to come up with a position. Some on the right wing compare it to Reagan's dependency on focus groups, but Reagan had some core morals that a focus group could not reverse. And focus groups are meant to hear from all people, but trump only wants to hear from the loudest, most boorish people.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,554 Times in 17,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Wallace was a joke. Had no authority. Had no control. I think he took this debate as seriously as Trump did.
    What do you do about a guy who loudly and blatantly breaks the rules over and over? I suggest an electric wire connected to trumps withered testicles. Wallace wanted to maintain decorum, but Trump did not. His prep must have told him blowing it up was positive. You can be sure Wallace spent lots of time prepping. He takes this very seriously.

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonsprat22 View Post
    Don't care. Debate was pointless. We know our President is an asshole.
    SOme good came of it.....

I think many are critiquing both of them, which is refreshing......

I hope the next debate has all participants prepared & acting presidential...........

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    trump needs more than 3 minutes, and he definitely needs a crowd. trump does not have core beliefs. he stands in front of a crowd, shouts one thing, sees if it works. If it does not work, he shouts the complete opposite.

It is oddly fascinating to watch, but it takes more than 3 minutes for trump to come up with a position. Some on the right wing compare it to Reagan's dependency on focus groups, but Reagan had some core morals that a focus group could not reverse. And focus groups are meant to hear from all people, but trump only wants to hear from the loudest, most boorish people.
    He survived several debates in the gop primary & a few w/ hillary.....??

He didn't blowup, although I thought he would... Like he did yesterday..

he was able to play or be more discipline before, but not last night........

Why do you think he could keep his rage in check before, but not now??

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    sure Trump just makes it up on the fly - amazing you see that. and of course that is because he has no "core beliefs"
    You can criticize conservatives for lots of stuff - not having a core belief isn't one of them .
    That's a progressive purview
    You do understand a transactional policy is NOT the same as a lack of core belief? If not - hit me back here

it takes more then 3 minutes to explain a position - granted Trump gets himself diverted, but Trump doesn't
    GAF about focus groups. 'Nuanced' he aint

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He survived several debates in the gop primary & a few w/ hillary.....??

He didn't blowup, although I thought he would... Like he did yesterday..

he was able to play or be more discipline before, but not last night........

Why do you think he could keep his rage in check before, but not now??
    Because Biden just spews stuff about how he would do COVID differently, when he would do it the same
    according to his position ( maybe some differences on masks)

Or Biden repeated the lie and MADE AN ADD about Trump standing over soldiers graves and saying "losers"
    Add in Wallace getting the questions without time to rebut,,and that's prolly a good part of it

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Because Biden just spews stuff about how he would do COVID differently, when he would do it the same
    according to his position ( maybe some differences on masks)

Or Biden repeated the lie and MADE AN ADD about Trump standing over soldiers graves and saying "losers"
    Add in Wallace getting the questions without time to rebut,,and that's prolly a good part of it
    he was called lots of stuff in the debates prior..........

When I first saw the look in his face from the jump, he looked already stressed......

He started out fine but didn't go long...

He dishes it out, a lot, he can't take it though.........

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

he was called lots of stuff in the debates prior..........
    When I first saw the look in his face from the jump, he looked already stressed......

He started out fine but didn't go long...
    He dishes it out, a lot, he can't take it though.........
    true. he doesn't take any criticism! lol
    I could go on and on -but that is true enough -he is a NY blowhard -always has been.

If his policies weren't so dead solid perfect for what the country needs right now,
    I'd be dismissing him as only that as well

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Sad, that after centuries we now have to add rules so trump will not be able to go off on unhinged rants & lies making a mockery of the word "debate"....

CPD Statement
    September 30, 2020

The Commission on Presidential Debates sponsors televised debates for the benefit of the American electorate. Last night’s debate made clear that additional structure should be added to the format of the remaining debates to ensure a more orderly discussion of the issues. The CPD will be carefully considering the changes that it will adopt and will announce those measures shortly. The Commission is grateful to Chris Wallace for the professionalism and skill he brought to last night’s debate and intends to ensure that additional tools to maintain order are in place for the remaining debates

This is what happens when mentally challenged sociopaths are allowed to run for president.