Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Isn't it curious; within five minutes of the Times breaking the Trump tax story.....

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,245 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    He has the same right to privacy that you do.

If the failing NYT has documents, let them publish them.

If the IRS has a case, let them make it.
    Sure, but not if he wants to be President, Americans have an expectation that their leaders aren’t hiding something that effects them personally or as citizens

Why?

And the IRS is making a case, why he is being audited

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    What’s today Tuesday, he’s taking a beating on the expose since it came out on Friday, you really don’t think he would have been all over it by Friday night Sure he does if he wants America to believe the NYT made it all up, and they put it out there and are standing by their story
    It takes time to prepare a lawsuit, if that's his intent.

He's not "taking a beating", AFAIK.

Are you going to claim that "polls" say he is?

The same people why published their toxic tax tale with no proof are the one who promote opinion polls.

If the failing NYT didn't make it all up, where is their proof?

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,473 Times in 3,395 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,143 Times in 1,048 Posts

Agreed it's curious. Doesn't necessarily mean "collaboration". Possible the story leaked and both campaigns knew it was coming. Also possible Biden, who was going to release his returns anyway, planned to do so before the debate.

On the other hand, what is there to be upset about if the story is a "Nothingburger" as we keep hearing.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anchovies View Post
    Americans have an expectation that their leaders aren’t hiding something that effects them personally or as citizens
    I have no such expectation, and his personal finances don't affect me at all.

The IRS is making a case, why he is being audited
    How do I know? Millions of people are audited. That's not a "case", it's an audit.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,112 Times in 12,637 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Agreed it's curious. Doesn't necessarily mean "collaboration". Possible the story leaked and both campaigns knew it was coming. Also possible Biden, who was going to release his returns anyway, planned to do so before the debate.

On the other hand, what is there to be upset about if the story is a "Nothingburger" as we keep hearing.
    That the Left is driving hard for burning down America so that UTOPIA can arise from the ashes by magic.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It takes time to prepare a lawsuit, if that's his intent.

He's not "taking a beating", AFAIK.

Are you going to claim that "polls" say he is?

The same people why published their toxic tax tale with no proof are the one who promote opinion polls.

If the failing NYT didn't make it all up, where is their proof?
    Time, he has an army of accountants and attorneys to include the Attorney General, try to tell us they need days to put together something to challenge the NYT

Ah, the expose revealing Trump doesn’t pay income tax like the rest of America certainly isn’t working in Trump’s behalf. And the narrative in the piece explains their proof, Trump’s tax returns coupled with available financial records, and you can rest assure billy barr has already checked how the NYT came across the information

Bottom line, Trump wants to end it in a minute all he has to do is release his income tax returns like other candidates do, why hasn’t he

7. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-29-2020)

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have no such expectation, and his personal finances don't affect me at all.

How do I know? Millions of people are audited. That's not a "case", it's an audit.
    Right, but you were all over Hillary to release her Emails, guess they affected you

I’d it is covering multiple years it is

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

OK, I won't tell you that. Ask an attorney who specialize in major civil litigation, if you can find one who'll talk to you.

He doesn't need to prove the failing NYT wrong, BTW. They need to prove they are right. Yet they refuse.
    Trump’s doesn’t have “an attorney,” he has an army of attorneys, best money can buy, plus “fixers,” like billy barr, resources like that don’t wait

As I said, no he doesn’t, no one said he had to prove the NYT wrong, but he wants the story to go away so it doesn’t hurt him politically, he does, which he could do in minutes by releasing his tax returns

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ah, the expose revealing Trump doesn’t pay income tax like the rest of America certainly isn’t working in Trump’s behalf.
    So you say. The failing NYT has only made unproven allegations. You believe them because you want to, not because there is compelling evidence.

And the narrative in the piece explains their proof
    You're incredibly credulous. A narrative claiming to possess proof without showing it proves nothing.

How's this?

'I saw documents that detailed your mom's history of arrests for prostitution, and my analysis of the documents revealed hundreds of convictions for knowingly infecting her clients with AIDS. I assure you that I obtained the documents legally, but I won't show them to you, to protect my sources'.

Does that appear credible to you?

Now, compare that with the toxic tale the failing New York Times printed, and spot the similarities.

I'll understand if you don't want to answer the question, of course.

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    .....this ad hits the airwaves:

That stench you smell; it's the corrupt corroboration between the PHONY media and the DNC. These aren't journalists trying to find the truth. They are the PRAVDA of the Democratic Party of the Jackass willing to lie, insult and carry out a dishonest agenda to promote a candidate who doesn't know where he is at half the time.
    Yup. Hand in glove for these mutts.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

12. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So you say. The failing NYT has only made unproven allegations. You believe them because you want to, not because there is compelling evidence.

You're incredibly credulous. A narrative claiming to possess proof without showing it proves nothing.

How's this?

'I saw documents that detailed your mom's history of arrests for prostitution, and my analysis of the documents revealed hundreds of convictions for knowingly infecting her clients with AIDS. I assure you that I obtained the documents legally, but I won't show them to you, to protect my sources'.

Does that appear credible to you?

Now, compare that with the toxic tale the failing New York Times printed, and spot the similarities.

I'll understand if you don't want to answer the question, of course.
    No, he told us back in 2016 that doing the exact thing the NYT has exposed made him “smart,” and the bottom line is that if the NYT is lying Trump could discredit them and end it all by just releasing his tax returns, Americans want to see his tax returns, yet he refuses, says it aall

And I already showed your silly personal narrative irrelevant above, repeating it doesn’t validate it any further

13. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, he told us back in 2016 that doing the exact thing the NYT has exposed made him “smart,” and the bottom line is that if the NYT is lying Trump could discredit them and end it all by just releasing his tax returns, Americans want to see his tax returns, yet he refuses, says it aall
    The failing NYT hasn't exposed anything. They made some claims without showing proof that they are true. They refuse to show any evidence.

I already showed your silly personal narrative irrelevant above
    No, you didn't.

I said I'd understand if you don't want to answer the question, and I do.

14. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

I see a flaw in your desperate attempt to deny an embarrassing report.

There are only 2 possible outcomes to a game. That means that designs, artwork, silk screens and type can be set up in advance for both teams, and after the score is announced, the winning team's shirts etc. can be rushed into production.

But there's no logical way that Slow Joe's mercenary merchandising minions could have known that the failing New York Times was going to print an unverified toxic tale of Trump's taxes out of millions of other potential "news" stories likely to occur on a given day...unless they had advance notice.

Collusion.
    Still no proof that the ad went out five minutes after the story broke. Just a lot of deflection to Act Blue, etc.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

15. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,473 Times in 3,395 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,143 Times in 1,048 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    That the Left is driving hard for burning down America so that UTOPIA can arise from the ashes by magic.
    Is it possible you could write a less irrelevant reply? Probably not.

16. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Still no proof that the ad went out five minutes after the story broke.
    That's a separate issue. Take it up with OP.

Just a few hours after the release of the report on Sunday, the former vice president’s campaign started selling merchandise – T-shirts, buttons, and stickers – that say “I paid more income taxes than Donald Trump.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-campaign-quickly-capitalizes-on-trump-taxes-report

That smacks of foreknowledge, IMO.