1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 9,824 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Yet More Fascism

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20081012/D93P5CD80.html
    Sen. Chuck Schumer, chairman of the Joint Economic Committee, said an administration proposal to inject federal money directly into certain banks, in effect partially nationalizing the banking system, "is gaining steam."

"I am hopeful that tomorrow, the Treasury will announce that they're doing it. And they have to do it quickly ... markets are waiting," Schumer said.

The administration has not indicated when it would announce next steps.

2. #2 | Top
    Cancel3 Guest

Yep, we fascists get to make all the decisions that effect your life.

You get to work at a deadend job, drive a 1992 Impala with mismatched doors, try and remember your last date (3 years ago last May), and spend your days whining against an unfair world that laughs are your pitiful excuse for a life.

While we fascists get to enjoy good careers, live in the better places, vacation at the beach, watch our kids graduate from excellent colleges, and have happy marriages.

I could see why your biggest insult would be calling us what you think makes your life miserable.

Newsflash for ya, you are what makes your life miserable.

Have a great night.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary View Post
    Yep, we fascists get to make all the decisions that effect your life.

You get to work at a deadend job, drive a 1992 Impala with mismatched doors, try and remember your last date (3 years ago last May), and spend your days whining against an unfair world that laughs are your pitiful excuse for a life.

While we fascists get to enjoy good careers, live in the better places, vacation at the beach, watch our kids graduate from excellent colleges, and have happy marriages.

I could see why your biggest insult would be calling us what you think makes your life miserable.

Newsflash for ya, you are what makes your life miserable.

Have a great night.
    I enjoy life immensely, actually!

You have failed to frame me according to your agenda, and have only made yourself look like an asshole.

Night night, assjacker.
    Last edited by Blackwater Lunchbreak; 10-12-2008 at 08:03 PM.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

http://www.commondreams.org/views06/0412-32.htm
    The Rise of Fascism in America
    by Gary Alan Scott

Fascism in America won’t come with jackboots, book burnings, mass rallies, and fevered harangues, nor will it come with black helicopters or tanks on the street. It won’t come like a storm—but as a break in the weather, that sudden change of season you might feel when the wind shifts on an October evening: Everything is the same, but everything has changed. Something has gone, departed from the world, and a new reality will have taken its place. All the old forms will still be there: legislatures, elections, campaigns—plenty of bread and circuses. But “consent of the governed” will no longer apply; actual control of the state will have passed to a small and privileged group who rule for the benefit of their wealthy peers and corporate patrons.
    To be sure, there will be factional conflicts among the elite, and a degree of debate will be permitted; but no one outside the privileged circle will be allowed to influence state policy. Dissidents will be marginalized—usually by “the people” themselves. Deprived of historical knowledge by a thoroughly impoverished educational system designed to produce complacent consumers, left ignorant of current events by a corporate media devoted solely to profit, many will internalize the force-fed values of the ruling elite, and act accordingly. There will be little need for overt methods of control.

The rulers will act in secret, for reasons of “national security,” and the people will not be permitted to know what goes on in their name. Actions once unthinkable will be accepted as routine: government by executive fiat, state murder of “enemies” selected by the leader, undeclared wars, torture, mass detentions without charge, the looting of the national treasury, the creation of huge new “security structures” targeted at the populace. In time, this will be seen as “normal,” as the chill of autumn feels normal when summer is gone. It will all seem normal.

--Chris Floyd, November 10, 2001 Moscow Times (English edition)

Since the 1970’s, American businesses have grown larger and more monopolistic, helped along by deregulation, the repeal of anti-trust laws, and a steady transformation from manufacturing to capital management (dare I say, “capital manipulation”?). As Paul Bigioni puts it in his excellent essay entitled “The Real Threat of Fascism”: “If we are to protect ourselves from the growing political influence of Big Business, then our antitrust laws must be reconceived in a way which recognizes the political danger of monopolistic conditions.”

Bigioni continues by emphasizing that “Antitrust laws do not just protect the marketplace, they protect democracy.” It is well to remember that conditions like these led to fascism in both Germany and Italy in the 1930’s, and Bigioni points out that the transformation toward fascism occurred in both countries while they were still liberal democracies. In America, since at least 1971, the rich have gotten much, much richer and the poor have become poorer and far more numerous, largely because our government now sees its primary function as serving the interests of Big Business and its Big Money. As of 2003, according to a Congressional Budget Office report, the top one percent of households in America accounted for 57.5% of America’s wealth, up from 38.7% only twelve years earlier. And this does not take into account the last three years of the Bush tax-cuts. In the U.S. today, there are 374 billionaires, approximately 25,000 deca-millionaires ($10,000,000-$999,000,000) and 2.5 million millionaires; and this does not even take into account the wealth of corporations! Under such conditions, competition is minimized or thwarted, and capital is exalted over labor, the consummation of Marx’s contention that “Capital is dead labor.”

In every industry, huge monopolistic cartels dominate the playing field, following the spate of mergers and acquisitions throughout the 1980’s and 1990’s. To cite just two examples: (1) Four media giants (AOL-Time Warner, Viacom, Disney, and Rupert Murdoch’s NewsGroup) control everything we read, view, listen to, see at movie houses, and do at entertainment parks. Just four conglomerates, which have oh so much in common with one another, produce (for profit) every newspaper, magazine, major internet site, movie, cd, dvd, television program, and so on. The pressure to stay within fairly narrow bounds of covering and the fear of losing one’s job should one “think outside the box” is detailed succinctly in Danny Schechter’s March 27, 2006 column the title of which is taken from a line Edward R. Morrow utters in the movie “Good Night and Good Luck”: “The Fear is in the Room: Inside our Unbrave Media World”; Robert Fisk’s March 19 column, “The Farcical End of the American Dream”; and Bill Gallagher’s March 28th column, “There is No ‘Good News’ in Iraq."

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am scared of the future and pain.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

6. #6 | Top
    Cancel3 Guest

People have been predicting gloom and doom since around 34 BCE.

WM, I think even you remember the dire predictions about Y2K. And Asshat's nonsense is mostly like that nonsense.

Every generation thinks they have the least hope and will experience the huge upheaval.

And the world keep spinning.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yrah the world spins whether covered with crap or good people. I does not care.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary View Post
    People have been predicting gloom and doom since around 34 BCE.

WM, I think even you remember the dire predictions about Y2K. And Asshat's nonsense is mostly like that nonsense.

Every generation thinks they have the least hope and will experience the huge upheaval.

And the world keep spinning.
    Its BC and AD. BCE is such a retarded invention. Are the timespans which the old and new acronyms measure any different? No.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    Its BC and AD. BCE is such a retarded invention. Are the timespans which the old and new acronyms measure any different? No.
    BCE and CE is the appropriate terminology. Before Common Era and Common Era.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    What is the commonality, may I ask? Seems to me there's this religion thing, without which it would not be 2008.
    It's because religious people have gone to be a minority in an assload of nations in the last 100 years, and we realized that the religious meaning of the words in our date system were retarded in the modern world, and no one felt like actually changing the date system so they just made up new words. Fuck AD/BC as much as Christianity.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    It's because religious people have gone to be a minority in an assload of nations in the last 100 years, and we realized that the religious meaning of the words in our date system were retarded in the modern world, and no one felt like actually changing the date system so they just made up new words. Fuck AD/BC as much as Christianity.
    Don't be lazy. Find a new system in which the date is Ecgdisdgc 12, 4937 on a Cumday evening. Godless commie.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It would be rather pointless to change the name of the days as they already refer to pagan gods anyway.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    I enjoy life immensely, actually!

You have failed to frame me according to your agenda, and have only made yourself look like an asshole.

Night night, assjacker.

LOL