Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poor Leadership: Actual American Death Toll May Already Be Over 415,000

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Poor Leadership: Actual American Death Toll May Already Be Over 415,000

"The real number of dead from the crisis could be significantly higher: As many as 215,000 more people than usual died in the U.S. from all causes during the first seven months of 2020, according to CDC figures. The death toll from COVID-19 during the same period was put at about 150,000 by Johns Hopkins.

Researchers suspect some coronavirus deaths were overlooked, while other deaths may have been caused indirectly by the crisis, by creating such turmoil that people with chronic conditions such as diabetes or heart disease were unable or unwilling to get treatment.

Dark, the emergency physician at Baylor, said that before the crisis, “people used to look to the United States with a degree of reverence. For democracy. For our moral leadership in the world. Supporting science and using technology to travel to the moon.”

“Instead,” he said, “what’s really been exposed is how anti-science we’ve become.”"

'Unfathomable': US death toll from coronavirus hits 200,000

We now have upwards of a half million fewer Americans than we would have had, since the coronavirus pandemic began ravaging the nation uninhibited by a focused national strategy for dealing with the crisis, and lacking any kind of comprehensive responsible national leadership.

200,000 confirmed COVID-19 deaths + 215,000 possible COVID-19 deaths = 415,000
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-23-2020), Earl (09-23-2020)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

signalmankenneth (09-23-2020), ThatOwlWoman (09-23-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I place the blame squarely on Trump.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (09-23-2020)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-23-2020)

7. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,565 Times in 17,092 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Not fair. You might think he was told early how bad Corona is and that it was very transmissible. As president , he would be allowing Americans to die for political reasons. Does anyone think Trump would do something like that?

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

HORSE MIERDA.

Post proof of the 415,000 deaths by the virus from China that China failed to contain.

9. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

signalmankenneth (09-23-2020)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Grokmaster (09-23-2020), Truth Detector (09-23-2020)

11. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Not fair. You might think he was told early how bad Corona is and that it was very transmissible. As president , he would be allowing Americans to die for political reasons. Does anyone think Trump would do something like that?
    No, I don’t believe that, but I do believe, with evidence, that Democrats, in cities controlled by Democrats, are causing the deaths of Americans

...for political reasons.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Grokmaster (09-23-2020), Truth Detector (09-23-2020)

13. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yep, and his selfish cultists who equate simple measures like putting on a mask when you're in public with being shipped to Auschwitz.

You know what makes me infinitely sad? The people here are so nice in person. They smile at you first, are quick to step in and help when someone needs it, are civil, polite, friendly. With few exceptions they also all wear masks in public. It makes you feel good to be part of such a good community of folks.

But then you look at any random COVID news article on local media FB or Twitter pages. The hate, the vitriol, the anger, the vile personal attacks, the misinformation, the mockery of the dead, the lies are horrendous. I have been called terrible things merely for posting medical information about the virus, and how to prevent its spread. A few have even gone to my personal FB page and posted ugly hateful comments on my profile pic (which FB won't let you keep private). Are these the same ppl who smile at you at the grocery store, stop to help you drag a dead deer off the road, rush over to help you put something heavy in the back of your car? It makes me inexpressibly sad to know that we are infested with such human vermin.

This is what the Corruption-in-Chief has done to this country.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

The question is how many voters know it.

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

"The real number of dead from the crisis could be significantly higher: As many as 215,000 more people than usual died in the U.S. from all causes during the first seven months of 2020, according to CDC figures. The death toll from COVID-19 during the same period was put at about 150,000 by Johns Hopkins.

Researchers suspect some coronavirus deaths were overlooked, while other deaths may have been caused indirectly by the crisis, by creating such turmoil that people with chronic conditions such as diabetes or heart disease were unable or unwilling to get treatment.

Dark, the emergency physician at Baylor, said that before the crisis, “people used to look to the United States with a degree of reverence. For democracy. For our moral leadership in the world. Supporting science and using technology to travel to the moon.”

“Instead,” he said, “what’s really been exposed is how anti-science we’ve become.”"

We now have upwards of a half million fewer Americans than we would have had, since the coronavirus pandemic began ravaging the nation uninhibited by a focused national strategy for dealing with the crisis, and lacking any kind of comprehensive responsible national leadership.

Just fucking say you don't know and stop looking like an idiot, coward.

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Yep, and his selfish cultists who equate simple measures like putting on a mask when you're in public with being shipped to Auschwitz.

You know what makes me infinitely sad? The people here are so nice in person. They smile at you first, are quick to step in and help when someone needs it, are civil, polite, friendly. With few exceptions they also all wear masks in public. It makes you feel good to be part of such a good community of folks.

But then you look at any random COVID news article on local media FB or Twitter pages. The hate, the vitriol, the anger, the vile personal attacks, the misinformation, the mockery of the dead, the lies are horrendous. I have been called terrible things merely for posting medical information about the virus, and how to prevent its spread. A few have even gone to my personal FB page and posted ugly hateful comments on my profile pic (which FB won't let you keep private). Are these the same ppl who smile at you at the grocery store, stop to help you drag a dead deer off the road, rush over to help you put something heavy in the back of your car? It makes me inexpressibly sad to know that we are infested with such human vermin.

This is what the Corruption-in-Chief has done to this country.
    No big surprise if they won't believe the news and instead make up their own.

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If the pandemic is not responsible for these extra 215,000 deaths, then what is?

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Poor Leadership: Actual American Death Toll May Already Be Over 415,000
    If you're going to make bullshit up, why stop at 415,000? Why not make it 2 million?

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Wolverine (09-23-2020)

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Of course you do; you're a brain dead, low IQ lying partisan hack. But for anyone with even half a brain, that would exclude loons like you, the blame lies at the feet of the WHO and Communist regime of China.

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Liar only about 13,000 due to covid only, everything else was covid plus! how about being an American for once and putting the blame on China where it belongs!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-23-2020)

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Pelosi on February 24th:
    "That’s what we’re trying to do today is to say everything is fine here," Pelosi said. "Come because precautions have been taken. The city is on top of the situation.""But that shouldn’t be carried over to Chinatown in San Francisco," she said. "I hope that it’s not that. But all I can say is, 'I’m here.' We feel safe and sound, so many of us coming here."She said there's no reason tourists or locals should be staying away from the area because of coronavirus concerns.

Dr. Fauci on February 29th:
    "Right now, at this moment, there is no need to change anything you're doing on a day by day basis. Right now the risk is still low."

Mayor de Blasio on March 5th:
    Coronavirus fears shouldn’t keep New Yorkers off subways

Cuomo on March 18th:
    “That is not going to happen, shelter in place, for New York City. For any city or county to take an emergency action, the state has to approve it. And I wouldn’t approve shelter in place.”
    Flu cases: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden...-estimates.htm

WHO chief says widespread travel bans not needed to beat China virus
    February 3, 2020

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN1ZX1H3

March 10th “If you are a healthy young person, there is no reason if you want to go on a cruise ship, go on a cruise ship.” ~ Fauci
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/douggol.../#294647932d4d

On April 15th
    “If you’re willing to take a risk — and you know, everybody has their own tolerance for risks — you could figure out if you want to meet somebody,” said Fauci
    He added, “If you want to go a little bit more intimate, well, then that’s your choice regarding a risk.”

https://nypost.com/2020/04/15/fauci-...with-a-caveat/

Mar 12, 2020: Biden Slams Trump's 'Xenophobic' Europe Travel Ban, Says He'll 'Lead With Science'

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

tinfoil (09-24-2020)

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Democrats’ 2020 Coronavirus Hindsight

A review of this year’s debates shows they were less concerned than Trump about the pandemic.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-dem...ht-11587317439
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

tinfoil (09-24-2020), Truth Detector (09-23-2020)