Thread: Wells Fargo CEO: ‘Limited pool of black talent to recruit from’

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 4,159 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Wells Fargo's CEO's mistake in thinking is that he has to hire qualified, competent people. Color, race, and gender are all that matters... Except maybe for some really good tattoos and body piercings...
    More bullshit excuses, supposition and conjecture from right wing wonks. Deal with this, toodles https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...69#post3922069
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 4,159 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Seems that yet another sheet wearer ignores what doesn't fit their propaganda https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...69#post3922069
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,283 Times in 13,412 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 842 Times in 801 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    More bullshit excuses, supposition and conjecture from right wing wonks. Deal with this, toodles https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...69#post3922069
    What does Wells Fargo's money grubbing and cheating customers have to do with their not being able to hire sufficient minorities?

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,231 Times in 3,449 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Seems that yet another sheet wearer ignores what doesn't fit their propaganda
    Sheet wearer???? YOU are the racist since you want Wells Fargo to use racial quotas to deny jobs to whites.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

5. #80 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,612 Times in 17,052 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    LMAO!

Yeah, right.

My best friend's neighbor's sister's daughter's dog's father's uncle's grandfather's car's friend's sister's son's Carl's Junior is also a Navy SEAL who returned from Africa a month ago and he says you're full of shit.
    Yep. sure is.

You may continue to make an ass of yourself.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Wow! We must know the same person
    You calling me a liar, too, bitch? Hell, you may as well. You call me a racist because I voted for Trump. Maybe I should call you a....cow?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    You calling me a liar, too, bitch? Hell, you may as well. You call me a racist because I voted for Trump. Maybe I should call you a....cow?
    You could call her a racist. She voted for Obama, twice, based solely on skin color considering it a qualification.

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    You could call her a racist. She voted for Obama, twice, based solely on skin color considering it a qualification.
    I don't believe skin color had anything to do with it.

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't believe skin color had anything to do with it.
    I do. She, and many others, talk about how Obama was qualified and had experience yet there were many other Democrats that had far more experience that supported exactly what Obama supported. Why not one of them?

Black voter turnout in 2008 and 2012 exploded to levels never seen before. In 2016, it dropped back to or below levels it had been before 2008. You may believe in coincidences but I don't.

Joe Biden's statement about Obama being the first bright, articulate, nice looking AA shows race played a role.

10. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    I do. She, and many others, talk about how Obama was qualified and had experience yet there were many other Democrats that had far more experience that supported exactly what Obama supported. Why not one of them?

Black voter turnout in 2008 and 2012 exploded to levels never seen before. In 2016, it dropped back to or below levels it had been before 2008. You may believe in coincidences but I don't.

Joe Biden's statement about Obama being the first bright, articulate, nice looking AA shows race played a role.
    I don't believe any of it.

Although Obama did influence the black vote.

Biden said that because he was Obama's VP.

11. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't believe any of it. Although Obama did influence the black vote.

Biden said that because he was Obama's VP.
    You don't believe there were others with far more experience than Obama that supported the same things?

You don't believe that black voter turnout increased drastically during 2008/2012 declining in 2016? https://www.brookings.edu/research/m...2012-election/

The Brookings Institute is anything but a right wing research entity.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-cast-ballots/

For Biden to say it because he was VP is a false claim. Biden made the comment almost 20 months before being named as VP choice. Look at the dates each occurred.

http://content.time.com/time/special...644536,00.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_D...running%20mate.

12. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    HAHAHA. So now you orwellians tell us giving blacks special treatment gives them an equal chance at a job?????!!!!
    Not special treatment, equal treatment.

Too many mediocre white people think they're entitled to everything, including employment.

The CEO of Wells Fargo even said himself that his comments were borne out of an "unconscious bias"...which means black candidates are not treated equally with white candidates, since he's the CEO and sets the tone of leadership for the company. So if the CEO is unconsciously biased, there's no reason to believe the recruiters aren't as well.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Taichiliberal (09-25-2020)

14. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Yep. sure is.
    Prove me wrong, then.

Prove that my best friend's neighbor's sister's daughter's dog's father's uncle's grandfather's car's friend's sister's son's Carl's Junior isn't a Navy SEAL who returned from Africa a month ago and says you're full of shit.

Why is your imaginary friend treated as if they're a real person, but mine isn't?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

15. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Not special treatment, equal treatment.

Too many mediocre white people think they're entitled to everything, including employment.

The CEO of Wells Fargo even said himself that his comments were borne out of an "unconscious bias"...which means black candidates are not treated equally with white candidates, since he's the CEO and sets the tone of leadership for the company. So if the CEO is unconsciously biased, there's no reason to believe the recruiters aren't as well.
    When skin color for blacks is used as a part of the choice, and would be considered wrong if used to deny, that's special treatment.

Too many mediocre blacks that get hired under AA have shown they think skin color should be used because they know they're not qualified.

16. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Prove me wrong, then.

Prove that my best friend's neighbor's sister's daughter's dog's father's uncle's grandfather's car's friend's sister's son's Carl's Junior isn't a Navy SEAL who returned from Africa a month ago and says you're full of shit.

Why is your imaginary friend treated as if they're a real person, but mine isn't?
    You made the claim the inbred POS was. It's on you to prove it, BOY. Maybe that's why your black ass needs something like affirmative action. You're too stupid to get hired based on what you know.