Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The persons Rittenhouse shot were all criminal felons with records...

1. #301 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,633 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    There are many issues that are subjective, but Grosskreutz having a valid concealed carry permit is not one of them. He is 100% legally allowed to carry a concealed handgun.
    True. Brandishing isn't legal but since everyone had their guns out and pointing them, it may be a moot point.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #302 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The synagogue next to their house put in a bee hive, against the wall that seemed to divide their property. It was accidentally on their property. The property line did not run along the wall as it would seem to. Rather than have the synagogue move the bee hive, the McCloskeys destroyed the bee hive. When the synagogue tried to talk to them, they pulled out guns.

These people are on edge. Anything could set them off.
    Another thing to be settled in court. However, as things are progressing, more people will be killed. It's part of Jefferson's comment about the Tree of Liberty. My main concern in life is to make sure it's not my wife, myself or anyone I care about.

My best advice to Democrats remains the same: stop the anti-gun bullshit. Focus on better mental health care, supporting legislation and being proficient with firearms.

3. #303 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Zimmerman walked before they had even identified the body. Think about this, Zimmerman shot an unknown child, and the police let him go. When the child's parents show up, the police say try the morgue, but make no mention that a child just got shot the night before. What sort of police department closes a child homicide without even bothering to identify the child?

Then the police were forced to reopen the case, but they fought it every step of the way. The key piece of information that both the prosecutor and the defense said was it was late at night. It is a matter of record that it was 7:00 in the evening. It was a perfectly reasonable time for a teenager to walk to the store.

Witnesses were threatened by the police, and a killer with a roid rage problems got away. Zimmerman will kill again. You can count on that.
    You make it sound like Zimmerman walked away from Martin's body and drove home. That's not what happened.

The funniest thing you wrote is that this "Child" you keep yammering about was the same age as Nikki Sandmann....a "man" the Left eviscerated over his confrontation with Nathan "I"m a Vietnam Vet" Phillips.

4. #304 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    That's up for a court to decide.

When I was taking my Texas required class for concealed carry I recall two main stories (plus all the legal shit):
    1) "If you shoot someone it will change your life". The way he said it meant it wouldn't be in a good way.
    2) a story about a drill in a street combat class where students were sitting at a table when two simulated-robbers came in with guns drawn to rob the cashier. While some students were deciding whether or to draw their weapons and/or take cover for a possible shootout, a man and wife skipped out the kitchen door. Outside they took cover behind a car and dialed 911.

Both stories reminded me of martial arts lessons about avoiding fights when reasonably possible...which they usually are. Same with guns. Self-Defense is great, but walking around playing tough guy is just someone looking for a fight. In Kyle's case, he's just a kid and the supposed adults led him astray. Kyle's life will never be the same but I hope justice is done for all concerned including whoever armed Kyle that night.

Just because it was legal doesn't mean it was smart. If it's even the slightest bit illegal, they could have the book thrown at them not to mention fighting lawsuits for participating in wrongful death(s) or injury and damage to property.
    I've only known one person who shot and killed another human being outside of being a soldier in a war zone. She was an older (I'm guessing early 70s maybe) security officer at the community college campus across the street from our home in Missouri. Early one morning I saw a hawk who had gotten entangled in the soccer net across the street, so I called the campus cops to see if someone could let me into the fenced area to rescue him. Margaret, the security officer, appeared. We managed to free the terrified bird w/o getting injured ourselves, then got to chatting. She had retired after decades as a St. Louis City police officer, and worked PT for the college. At one time she had had a suspect fire at her, so she fired back and he died. She said that the PD offered counseling. She did that, but said even so it "almost destroyed me." He was a very bad person with many felonies for violence, plus prison time. But still. One human takes another's life, and both are hurt.

People who think that civil wars are cool, shooting protesters is cool, shooting someone who annoys you is cool -- either they got that idea from video games and movies and have no idea. Or they have no souls.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-23-2020), Doc Dutch (09-23-2020)

6. #305 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I've only known one person who shot and killed another human being outside of being a soldier in a war zone. She was an older (I'm guessing early 70s maybe) security officer at the community college campus across the street from our home in Missouri. Early one morning I saw a hawk who had gotten entangled in the soccer net across the street, so I called the campus cops to see if someone could let me into the fenced area to rescue him. Margaret, the security officer, appeared. We managed to free the terrified bird w/o getting injured ourselves, then got to chatting. She had retired after decades as a St. Louis City police officer, and worked PT for the college. At one time she had had a suspect fire at her, so she fired back and he died. She said that the PD offered counseling. She did that, but said even so it "almost destroyed me." He was a very bad person with many felonies for violence, plus prison time. But still. One human takes another's life, and both are hurt.

People who think that civil wars are cool, shooting protesters is cool, shooting someone who annoys you is cool -- either they got that idea from video games and movies and have no idea. Or they have no souls.
    IMHO, the vast majority of them are idiots who don't have a fucking clue. Wannabe soldiers playing with paintball guns. A few are psychotic and looking to use it as an excuse to commit murder. Kyle and his friends strike me at the former type. Any five of them probably wouldn't add up to a 500 IQ.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-23-2020)

8. #306 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Well, it seems to T. A. and a few others, little Rittenhouse was hunting for felons and even though he had no prior knowledge of this fact, he was justified in shooting them because they had a record!
    So they think the illegal acts of weapon carry, vigilantism, and murder is OK because they were un-American protestors. Now they try to hide their championing behind the ideas of them being guilty of unknown felonies and some bizzaro world idea that a guy brandishing arms that could level a crowd is acting in self-defense. Actually, if you brandish a weapon like that you are the threat and the ones acting in self-defense would be the one that pulls a pistol at what seems to be an approaching assailant.

9. #307 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,030 Times in 8,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Another thing to be settled in court.
    No, it really should not be. Legally speaking, the synagogue made a mistake, and the McCloskeys had a right to destroy bee hives that accidentally put on their property. But that is not what good neighbors do. You talk things out with your neighbors, and let them fix things. You do not destroy your neighbors' bee hives, or even take them to court without talking to them first.

The problem is that people are looking for an excuse to commit acts of violence. They want someone to break into their house to kill them. They are trying to figure out a legal way to be violent.

My best advice to Democrats remains the same: stop the anti-gun bullshit.
    It is not even anti-gun. Plenty of countries have guns, and less than half our murder rate. We have out of control guns. This is crazy. When you add it to the out of control anger, and it is a nightmare. It is a nightmare that is going to get so much worse.

This is not normal. Or should I be saying this should not be normal.

10. #308 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You make it sound like Zimmerman walked away from Martin's body and drove home. That's not what happened.
    He spent a few hours being congratulated by the local police for killing a child that he stalked and killed.

Seriously, I have spoken to a couple of police about this. When they think about it, they cannot imagine closing a case of a child homicide when the child had not been identified. Closing a case before an autopsy is unheard of. Threatening a witness is bizarre.

11. #309 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, it really should not be. Legally speaking, the synagogue made a mistake, and the McCloskeys had a right to destroy bee hives that accidentally put on their property. But that is not what good neighbors do. You talk things out with your neighbors, and let them fix things. You do not destroy your neighbors' bee hives, or even take them to court without talking to them first.

The problem is that people are looking for an excuse to commit acts of violence. They want someone to break into their house to kill them. They are trying to figure out a legal way to be violent.

It is not even anti-gun. Plenty of countries have guns, and less than half our murder rate. We have out of control guns. This is crazy. When you add it to the out of control anger, and it is a nightmare. It is a nightmare that is going to get so much worse.

This is not normal. Or should I be saying this should not be normal
    QED. The US could be ass deep in firearms and the problem is still a mental health issue. Americans are dying of Heart Disease and your solution is to ban red meat. My solution is to encourage healthy eating and exercise. See the difference?

12. #310 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I'm just pointing out that the three rioters he shot were:

A sex offender engaged in acts of arson
    A repeat offender with felony convictions for violence
    A convicted burglar in possession of an illegal firearm
    And? I doubt he knew that before he started shooting but even if he did, every criminal deserves his day in court.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

13. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Doc Dutch (09-23-2020)

14. #311 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He spent a few hours being congratulated by the local police for killing a child that he stalked and killed.

Seriously, I have spoken to a couple of police about this. When they think about it, they cannot imagine closing a case of a child homicide when the child had not been identified. Closing a case before an autopsy is unheard of. Threatening a witness is bizarre.
    Dude, when you keep saying child while Nikki Sandmann is treated as an adult it just makes you look hypocritical.

15. #312 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    And? I doubt he knew that before he started shooting but even if he did, every criminal deserves his day in court.
    Agreed. Street executions are illegal. It's a bullshit argument that Kyle was okay to kill two people who had a record. That won't fly in court.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-23-2020)

17. #313 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

the kyle wins at trial

can't douse the rittenhouse

can't flouse the rittenhouse

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Minister of Truth (09-23-2020)

19. #314 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Dude, when you keep saying child while Nikki Sandmann is treated as an adult it just makes you look hypocritical.
    Nick Sandmann was not shot. He was not even injured. He went home to his parents.

I do think it was odd that his school took him to a random park to "protest".

20. #315 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,929 Times in 13,196 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    He knew about the activities of Rosenbaum... There's video of Kyle putting out one of the fires he started (no, not the dumpster fire that was somebody else).