Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: The persons Rittenhouse shot were all criminal felons with records...

1. #241 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,930 Times in 11,517 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Grosskreutz had a concealed carry permit. In the State of Wisconsin, he had every right to carry his legal gun in a concealed way. He was able to get that concealed carry permit, because he was over age 18, had no felony convictions, and lived in Wisconsin.

Grosskreutz having a permit makes proving a crime virtually impossible.
    Lies. He is a felon. It is not legal for him to carry a gun.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

2. #242 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,923 Times in 13,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

https://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetail...etails#charges

Grosskreutz's record

Okay, it was legal for him to carry. He still drew on Rittenhouse when he could have backed away. He chose not to and Rittenhouse shot him.

3. #243 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,763 Times in 33,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Here's Anthony Huber's record:

As for Rosenbaum, he's just a total POS. Below is his Arizona Dept. of Corrections disciplinary record while in prison.

Here's the case that was pending against him at the time he was shot...

https://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetail...0&mode=details

https://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetail...0&mode=details

He was charged with bail jumping, battery, domestic abuse, and disorderly conduct awaiting trial on those charges.
    Have you ever heard of people changing? A friend of my daughter’s was in federal prison for 10 years, he was transferred three times because he was such a disciplinary problem in prison. He got out of prison and went to Cross Point Church, attended their service on a bet. He is now a minister, married and changing his life.

The accounts I have read was he was trying to change his life, now he’s dead.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-23-2020)

5. #244 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Have you ever heard of people changing? A friend of my daughter’s was in federal prison for 10 years, he was transferred three times because he was such a disciplinary problem in prison. He got out of prison and went to Cross Point Church, attended their service on a bet. He is now a minister, married and changing his life.

Cannot change your life much more than that. Just saying.

6. #245 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What kind of insane strawman argument is that? All I am pointing out is that all three of the people he shot had a history of criminal activity and violence in their past. It doesn't justify anything on its own, but it does argue that they would have been inclined to violence unprovoked and that is largely borne out by the videos available of this incident. If Huber had left Rittenhouse alone and not beat him with his skateboard and tried to take his rifle, he'd be alive right now. If Grosskreutz hadn't gone for his pistol and had backed away from Rittenhouse like he first started to do, he wouldn't have been shot.
    Rosenbaum? That major POS, career criminal, serial felon is in a whole 'nother class. He was a violent asswipe committing felonies, and wanted by police. He unilaterally attacked Rittenhouse and was shot for his actions. He deserved what he got and it was clearly self-defense.
    I’ll wait for the trial instead of details according to you.

7. #246 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Awww.... Then what was he doing at a violent riot? Why did he attack Rittenhouse? Basically your claim is belied by actual events. And, no, most convicts don't change their lives or lifestyle. That's why recidivism, particularly for offenders with more than one conviction, is somewhere between 70 and 90%.

8. #247 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,022 Times in 8,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

How? He was a convicted felon. That means possession of a firearm was illegal for him. Are you claiming the official records from the state of Wisconsin are in error or a lie? His friend Cheong claimed that stuff, along with saying Grosskreutz wasn't a felon. The state of Wisconsin says otherwise.
    One more time, Grosskreutz has no felony convictions, and had a valid concealed carry permit.

Cheong does not know any of the people involved in this case. He is the editor of an Alt Right "news" source called the Post Millennial which you were indirectly quoting. He is a shadowy figure who may live in Canada, or the Philippines, but definitely not the USA. He is on Rittenhouse's side, but only because he is being paid by furious Alt Right readers.

You appear to be posting a modified version of Huber's records. Even if correct, Huber's records have no bearing on whether Grosskreutz can get a concealed carry permit. Huber is a completely unrelated person to Grosskreutz.

Gardner, your posts are so screwed up, that it is hard to detangle them. I find I am wasting a lot of my time trying to figure out where you have departed from reality.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-23-2020)

10. #248 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What kind of insane strawman argument is that? All I am pointing out is that all three of the people he shot had a history of criminal activity and violence in their past. It doesn't justify anything on its own, but it does argue that they would have been inclined to violence unprovoked and that is largely borne out by the videos available of this incident. If Huber had left Rittenhouse alone and not beat him with his skateboard and tried to take his rifle, he'd be alive right now. If Grosskreutz hadn't gone for his pistol and had backed away from Rittenhouse like he first started to do, he wouldn't have been shot.
    Rosenbaum? That major POS, career criminal, serial felon is in a whole 'nother class. He was a violent asswipe committing felonies, and wanted by police. He unilaterally attacked Rittenhouse and was shot for his actions. He deserved what he got and it was clearly self-defense.
    It was a joke at your expense, it didn’t make you laugh?

11. #249 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,779 Times in 3,066 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    You may not like it, but Grosskreutz had a concealed carry permit. He was able to get that concealed carry permit, because he had absolutely no felony convictions. He had every legal right to carry a concealed weapon.
    You seem to be rather illiterate in Wisconsin law as well as completely sucking the bag at basic comprehension skills...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

Sailor (09-23-2020)

13. #250 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I’ll wait for the trial instead of details according to you.
    Now. If only Democrats would feel this way and actually practice it about everything, this country would not be having the problems we are today. Start a new trend Phantasmal.

14. #251 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,022 Times in 8,279 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    I suggest you read the law a bit closer (and not leave any exceptions out)...
    Rittenhouse was not hunting, and not a member of the National Guard. There are no exceptions covering him.

Meanwhile, Grosskreutz had a concealed carry permit, and a completely legal gun.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-23-2020)

16. #252 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,779 Times in 3,066 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    You have no idea why he had that gun. That is for a court to decide. Other than that the law you are hanging your hat on is a misdemeanor. Next.
    ... and if you read the law closely, Rittenhouse shouldn't even be charged with that...

17. #253 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It was a joke at your expense, it didn’t make you laugh?
    I guess I just don't get Leftist humor any more than Leftists get non-Leftist humor... But it's fine if you were joking. A little levity is rarely a bad thing.

18. #254 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    ... and if you read the law closely, Rittenhouse shouldn't even be charged with that...
    I just glanced at it. Walt is just full of shit. Something to make him think about.

19. #255 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Awww.... Then what was he doing at a violent riot? Why did he attack Rittenhouse? Basically your claim is belied by actual events. And, no, most convicts don't change their lives or lifestyle. That's why recidivism, particularly for offenders with more than one conviction, is somewhere between 70 and 90%.
    Lol, it is not 70% and 90%. Averages are below 50%

This is why I’ll wait for the trial, you seem to exaggerate a lot of things.