1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,128 Times in 9,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    <squints> Ah. A thumb. lol
    I walked right into that. (that's what she said)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hermes Thoth For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-27-2020)

3. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,284 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Well asshole, why do you single out Evangelicals? Aren't there other denominations of the Christian religion for you to bash and hate on?

Fucking pathetic degenerate moron!
    You do not seem like any authentic Christian I have ever met.

To Curse is to Sin,
    To Curse is to Dishonor God,
    Cursing Ruins Your Witness of Jesus

Matthew 12:36-37 ESV
    “I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Ephesians 4:29 ESV
    “Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.”

James 1:26 ESV
    “If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.”

Matthew 15:11 ESV
    “It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.”

Matthew 12:36 ESV
    “I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak"

Hosea 4:2 ESV
    “There is swearing, lying, murder, stealing, and committing adultery; they break all bounds, and bloodshed follows bloodshed.

James 3:10 (NKJV)
    it is expressed that having the same mouth to bless and curse is dishonorable to the Lord. When you are a follower of Christ, you are representing the Lord, not only in what you do but in what you say, think, and feel. If you are praising God one moment but cursing up a storm in the next moment, your witness as being one in mind with God is exposed as weak.

Ephesians 4:29, MSG
    “Watch the way you talk. Let nothing foul or dirty come out of your mouth. Say only what helps, each word a gift”.

Matthew 5:22
    “But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.”

Paul also says >
    “There should not be even a hint of sexual sin among you. Don’t do anything impure. And do not always want more and more. These are not the things God’s holy people should do. There must not be any bad language or foolish talk or dirty jokes. They are out of place. Instead, you should give thanks” (Ephesians 5:3-4, NIRV).

https://www.openbible.info/topics/using_profanity
    https://www.biblestudytools.com/bibl...-of-a-sin.html

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

5. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,510 Times in 52,734 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

To Curse is to Sin,

“I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

“Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.”

“If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.”

“It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.”

“I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak"

“There is swearing, lying, murder, stealing, and committing adultery; they break all bounds, and bloodshed follows bloodshed.

it is expressed that having the same mouth to bless and curse is dishonorable to the Lord. When you are a follower of Christ, you are representing the Lord, not only in what you do but in what you say, think, and feel. If you are praising God one moment but cursing up a storm in the next moment, your witness as being one in mind with God is exposed as weak.

“Watch the way you talk. Let nothing foul or dirty come out of your mouth. Say only what helps, each word a gift”.

“But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.”

Paul also says >
    “There should not be even a hint of sexual sin among you. Don’t do anything impure. And do not always want more and more. These are not the things God’s holy people should do. There must not be any bad language or foolish talk or dirty jokes. They are out of place. Instead, you should give thanks” (Ephesians 5:3-4, NIRV).

Uh oh. *Someone's* in trouble now. lol

Good point though. True Xtians follow these words. Faux ones do whatever the fuck they like, then claim to be forgiven because Jesus. Pretty sure that it doesn't work that way, at least according to these alleged words of Christ.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (09-27-2020), Guno צְבִי (09-27-2020)

7. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Uh oh. *Someone's* in trouble now. lol

Good point though. True Xtians follow these words. Faux ones do whatever the fuck they like, then claim to be forgiven because Jesus. Pretty sure that it doesn't work that way, at least according to these alleged words of Christ.
    I do not recall ever hearing a foul four letter word come out of my aunt, grandmother, or cousin's mouths, and they were/are as authentically devout and pious as it gets.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

9. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,510 Times in 52,734 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

I do not recall ever hearing a foul four letter word come out of my aunt, grandmother, or cousin's mouths, and they were/are as authentically devout and pious as it gets.
    The same is true of my mom and my aunt, both Sunday school teachers and excellent examples of Christian belief informing their actions and words. One morning my mom nearly swooned when the dog jumped up and ate my dad's breakfast while he was grabbing his coffee, and he said "Son of a bitch!"
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (09-27-2020)

11. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well asshole, why do you single out Evangelicals? Aren't there other denominations of the Christian religion for you to bash and hate on? Fucking pathetic degenerate moron...
    lol, the self appointed defender of the faith, he himself is unwilling to follow, roars his hate...........

The real question, which you dare not ask is "why are you singling out me"................

Now go pick you some cherries son............
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

12. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

To Curse is to Sin,

Paul also says >

AMEN!!! Thank you.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

13. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,698 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    First I want to say why I put this here, rather than the "religion" forum.
    Your reason was to create a virtue-signaling thread whereby you can show other snowflakes just how irrational your bigotry is, so they can join in and rally around you, and you will feel important.

Your thread has all the necessary elements.

1. Pretense that you somehow speak for all people.
    2. Pure bigotry against a class of people
    3. A false dichotomy - either join with you and bash Evangelicals or be accused of white supremacy
    4. Zero intention of rationally discussing anything that doesn't involve bashing Evangelicals, which is why posters like ThatOwlCoward will crawl out of their safe spaces to participate.

Because you, well many/most of you are about politics, not religion.
    Stupid comment #1 - singleing out specifically those of a religious faith to claim they aren't of their faith

Dear White Evangelicals, I need to tell you something: People have had it with you. They’re done. They want nothing to do with you any longer, and here’s why:
    Stupid comment #2 - pretending you speak for others; in this case, pretending to speak for generic "people."

For eight years they watched you relentlessly demonize a black President;
    Stupid comment #3 - This never even happened. Your entire post is a complete waste of bandwidth. If anything, Evangelicals were simply disappointed that Obama accomplished nothing as President beyond lying to the American people, which your post doesn't mention.

—you never once suggested that God placed him where he was;
    Stupid comment #4 - Evangelicals believe in "free will" and that Obama became President via the free will of voters.

you never publicly offered prayers for him and his family;
    Stupid comment #5 - Prayer is a private, personal thing. Many Evangelicals prayed for Obama despite his harmful policies. They prayed for God to give Obama wisdom and wondered why their prayers weren't answered.

- you never welcomed him to your Christian Universities;
    Stupid comment #6 - that was Obama's choice to snub Evangelicals

And yet you give carte blanche to a white Republican man so riddled with depravity, so littered with extramarital affairs, so unapologetically vile, with such a vast resume of moral filth—that the mind boggles.
    Stupid comment #7 - you are basically condemning Evangelicals for remaining rational and putting country first instead of putting your irrational TDS and HATRED for humanity first.

And White Evangelicals, ...
    Stupid comment #8 - You think no one will notice your omission of intersectional victim groups like black and Hispanic Evangelicals to whom all your stupid comments also apply. Your post is intended solely for virtue signalling surrounding your HATRED and bigotry.

14. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sadly you try to make it about me.........strawman.gif

What you are afraid to do is apply what is written to yourself..

15. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Thank you, very well said & great comparison..
    I am much obliged

16. #131 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,510 Times in 16,973 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

lol, the self appointed defender of the faith, he himself is unwilling to follow, roars his hate...........

The real question, which you dare not ask is "why are you singling out me"................

Now go pick you some cherries son............
    What's wrong, Bill? You attack one particular denomination and you get slapped back with your own prevailing simplicity. Do you think we should just roll over and accept your critique?

I asked you a question, and once again in your rebuttal, you make no more than an infantile reference to it and provide no reasoning.

No need to pick cherries. No need to pick apples either. GF's sister's neighbor has the "pick all you want" cherry trees. They pick them then the GF and her sisters get together and bake. Last week it was their own apple trees. Apple dumplings in the fridge right now, apple sauce and butter this weekend. Made fresh with the finest hand picked fruit. Ever have a fresh baked pie from off the tree? Walk by an apple tree and grab a fresh apple? Is this yet another lame attempt at criticism? Apparently, not everyone is equal in your "Utopia."
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

17. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What's wrong, Bill? You attack one particular denomination and you get slapped back with your own prevailing simplicity. Do you think we should just roll over and accept your critique?
    There is no we, it is just me & you....

You represent no one else here son, except yourself.

No one is going to come & help you..

You have no team..........

So get out your bible, read it & get back to me when your ready son........

18. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There is no we, it is just me & you....

You represent no one else here son, except yourself.

No one is going to come & help you..

You have no team..........

So get out your bible, read it & get back to me when your ready son........
    First and foremost, I am NOT your son (I'd be bitterly embarrassed).

That said, nope, it's not just "you & me." You have much support from your kiss-ass comrades.
    And yes, I seem to be I'm on my own. That's no problem, I've been on my own for a long time now.
    And no, I have no team, no support, no encouragement. I really don't care, I can fight my own battles.

So why do you deflect and run each time I ask you to answer my question?
    Is it comprehension issues? There's a reason you single out your hatred and
    discontent one particular denomination? Spit it out, I'd sure like to hear it.
    Last edited by RB 60; 09-28-2020 at 02:38 AM.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Hawkeye10 (09-28-2020)

20. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

First and foremost, I am NOT your son (I'd be bitterly embarrassed).

That said, nope, it's not just "you & me." You have much support from your kiss-ass comrades.
    And yes, I seem to be I'm on my own. (talk about myself & attempt to solicit) That's no problem, I've been on my own for a long time now.
    And no, I have no team, no support, no encouragement. I really don't care, I can fight my own battles.

So why do you deflect and run each time I ask you to answer my question?
    Is it comprehension issues? There's a reason you single out your hatred and
    discontent one particular denomination? Spit it out, I'd sure like to hear it.
    I would like to hear you talk up some bible, tell me some Christian learnin, "Christian"...........

Ask yourself if being a Christian was a crime, is there a stitch of evidence that would convict you??

Simply put, you are pretty much the opposite of the one you claim to follow.........

You come here in the middle of the night, try to play a tough guy, & then on about your heathen life.......

You are not going to get what you want............... That isn't an option...........

21. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I would like to hear you talk up some bible, tell me some Christian learnin, "Christian"...........

Ask yourself if being a Christian was a crime, is there a stitch of evidence that would convict you??

Simply put, you are pretty much the opposite of the one you claim to follow.........

You come here in the middle of the night, try to play a tough guy, & then on about your heathen life.......

You are not going to get what you want............... That isn't an option...........
    You are rather petty. You make a thread condemning one particular denomination, and when confronted and asked why you singled that one out, you go into this bullshit psychobabble charade.

You sir, are a complete lunatic.