Thread: 200,000 Deaths.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    What I do know:

If Biden was in charge we would have had many, many, many more infections...
    What makes you think that? The fact that when he was VP, Ebola and Zika were contained?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-22-2020)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    no. herd immunity isn't known with COVID.. estimates are as low as 20 or up to 50%
    Bullshit lies from you, of course, and not to be believed because you lied about getting an unsolicited mail-in ballot, and then you lied about the excuses you gave when you had to walk it all back.

Deaths don't follow in a straight line from cases either, as we test more, and therapy improves.
    But the point is that there will be deaths.

Then there are vaccines which act the same as herd immunity
    There will not be a vaccine until around this time next year.

Meanwhile, another several hundred thousand people will die because you lied from the beginning.

But as a Russian asset, your job is to get Americans killed.

That's why you lied, isn't it?

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    the 40k were US dependents - not local Chinese
    None of whom were tested, traced, or quarantined.

Plus the 500,000 others who came from China afterwards.

Your "travel ban" didn't do shit and had loopholes galore.

Chances are they are more careful then Wuhan citizens
    Or they're like you and believed it to be no worse than the flu.

And at the time, Trump knew how it was spread, but lied about that. And you repeated those lies on JPP.

500k are from where?
    From China.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are arguing strawmen. Another thing that I know, and clearly you do too... If you pretend someone says all sorts of nonsense, then it is really easy to "beat" that nonsense in an argument. The problem is folks can read back and see that I have not said anything of the sort. I simply point out facts that you don't like, that you then ignore, then you build a crappy strawman and then finally "congratulate" yourself when you think you've "won"...
    I know I've already won the debate when you deliberately ignored my 4-pt breakdown of your bullshit.

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, I listened... He said that right now (literally the words "right now" came out of his mouth), until there is a vaccine, masks are the best way to avoid spreading the infection. I'm good with that. I wear one.
    Why would you need a mask for a hoax?

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,530 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Why would you need a mask for a hoax?
    Another strawman. You are useless. You don't argue with anybody but your own imagination.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Another strawman. You are useless. You don't argue with anybody but your own imagination.
    I thought this whole thing was a hoax that was no worse than the flu, that would disappear in the Spring, that kids couldn't catch or transmit, that could be treated by injecting bleach or shining a lightbulb up your ass?

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,087 Times in 25,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    You were Trump's wingman when he admitted to downplaying the risk of the virus, Trump packs people in like sardines at rallies and no requirement for masks. You and your fellow Deplorables ran around yelling at people that this virus was no different than the common cold, and masks were for wimps.

Yep, you and Trump got people killed
    There was a surge in cases after his Tulsa rally and no doubt there will be one in Henderson NV also.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

10. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-23-2020)

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There is no evidence that wearing masks would have saved every person you are talking about. But what I do know, if your folks were in charge nothing at all would have been done. Again, Biden didn't even approve of a travel ban until April... 3 months after Trump reacted Biden finally understood that banning travel from an infected country could stave off deaths. But he doesn't own his stupid, he has you to pretend it didn't exist....

They, your heroes, weren't wearing masks, they were going to Chinatown and pretending that Trump's travel ban made people afraid of Asian folk (no evidence, not one thread of evidence and just.. not true). Another problem, there were not enough masks here in the US for that to have happened... seriously, not even close. Running around and saying "xenophobic" is not a plan, didn't help, and was trying to undermine the single largest thing that could be actually done at that time to stave off many infections.

What I do know:

If Biden was in charge we would have had many, many, many more infections...
    ^ We should all believe this because mind reading...

― Charles Dickens

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    There was a surge in cases after his Tulsa rally.
    Was there?

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,530 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

We should all believe it because of what he said and did between the time we first stopped travel to the time when he finally got on board with a travel ban 3 months later. Saying a prudent act to keep folks safe is "xenophobic" pretty much sums that up.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

There was a surge in cases after his Tulsa rally and no doubt there will be one in Henderson NV also.

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Was there?
    Oklahoma health officials reported record number of COVID-19 cases in the state this week, three weeks after President Donald Trump held a controversial rally in Tulsa, Okla., on June 20.

On Saturday, the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) reported 687 new COVID-19 cases had been confirmed in the last 24 hours. It was the second highest increase only coming after Tuesday’s 858 confirmed cases, per the Oklahoman. As of Saturday afternoon ET, Oklahoma had at least 19,779 confirmed cases of the virus, according to OSDH...

The surge of new cases comes just weeks after President Trump held a campaign rally in an indoor arena in Tulsa, where many of the attendees reportedly did not wear masks. The event was criticized as being unsafe and a local newspaper ran an editorial asking the President not to hold the rally. On the day of the event, it was revealed that six staffers on the Trump campaign tested positive for the coronavirus.

https://time.com/5865890/oklahoma-co...p-tulsa-rally/

― Charles Dickens

16. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

PoliTalker (09-23-2020)

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    We'll see in a couple of weeks.

"In Nevada, President Donald Trump held an indoor campaign rally on Sunday, his first since June in Tulsa, Oklahoma, drawing a rebuke from the state's Democratic governor.

"Tonight, President Donald Trump is taking reckless and selfish actions that are putting countless lives in danger here in Nevada," Gov. Steve Sisolak said Sunday night on Twitter.

Trump's rally in Henderson near Las Vegas followed a Saturday night event on the tarmac at Minden-Tahoe Airport that drew at least 5,000 largely maskless supporters."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...hs/5786964002/

― Charles Dickens

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,968 Times in 14,555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

But BLM protests are perfectly OK.