Hope this doesn't come across as callous but "It is what it is"

trumpjpg-c8ee033034f3f995.jpg

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    What evidence do you have that they would not have died if Trump said what you wanted him to say?
    If Trump has said back in 2019 that COVID is deadly and we need to wear masks to prevent the spread, there would be ZERO DEATHS today because people would have worn masks and taken it seriously.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Shoot if he did what Biden wanted there would have been no travel bans until April and he'd likely have 4 times the deaths.
    So much bullshit for one sentence. Let's destroy you, point by point:

1. If he did what Biden wanted, there wouldn't have been a pandemic at all because they would have simply followed the same pandemic playbook Obama used to contain Ebola and Zika. Biden warned about that very thing in October of 2019.

2. Trump didn't want to do any travel bans, then grudgingly did one against China that had 40,000 loopholes. None of the people who did come in despite the ban were screened, tested, traced, or quarantined.

3. After the ban, another 500,000 folks from China came into the country.

4. Most importantly, the infected came from Europe and cruise ships, not China. That's why the overwhelming majority of cases in the early months were in the NY area; travelers from Europe, some of whom came to the US from China by way of Europe.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

but hey, you got evidence of 13K deaths here. And your evidence? Well, they died.
    Yeah, they died of COVID because Trump lied about it. Over and over. Even when he was privately saying it was worse than the flu.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    If Trump has said back in 2019 that COVID is deadly and we need to wear masks to prevent the spread, there would be ZERO DEATHS today because people would have worn masks and taken it seriously.
    There is no evidence that wearing masks would have saved every person you are talking about. But what I do know, if your folks were in charge nothing at all would have been done. Again, Biden didn't even approve of a travel ban until April... 3 months after Trump reacted Biden finally understood that banning travel from an infected country could stave off deaths. But he doesn't own his stupid, he has you to pretend it didn't exist....

They, your heroes, weren't wearing masks, they were going to Chinatown and pretending that Trump's travel ban made people afraid of Asian folk (no evidence, not one thread of evidence and just.. not true). Another problem, there were not enough masks here in the US for that to have happened... seriously, not even close. Running around and saying "xenophobic" is not a plan, didn't help, and was trying to undermine the single largest thing that could be actually done at that time to stave off many infections.

What I do know:

If Biden was in charge we would have had many, many, many more infections...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. The Following User Groans At Damocles For This Awful Post:

christiefan915 (09-22-2020)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (09-22-2020), dukkha (09-22-2020), TOP (09-22-2020)

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We know that Cuomo caused a ton of deaths by sending old folks back into old folks homes when they were known to be infected, but I don't hear you informing folks of the deaths caused by Cuomo...
    Yeah, Cuomo fucked up by doing that.

So why are you fucking it up even worse today? Over half of all COVID cases in TX are in nursing homes.

But leadership comes from the top, and as President, Trump failed that leadership test because he was lying about the threat.

And you believed his lies because you're a fucking idiot.

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm pretty sure you are just a partisan hack and you just make up numbers... Like Biden with his 200,000,000 people dead in the US... (For those who are counting that's about 2/3 of our population)...
    Funny you mention that number, because that is also the minimum number required for the "herd immunity" experiment to work.

Doing so would result in about 6 million deaths.

So you want to kill 6 million more people to prove a point?

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There is no evidence that wearing masks would have saved every person you are talking about..
    The CDC Director said last week that masks may actually be better at stopping the virus than a vaccine.

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There is no evidence that wearing masks would have saved every person you are talking about. But what I do know, if your folks were in charge nothing at all would have been done. Again, Biden didn't even approve of a travel ban until April... 3 months after Trump reacted Biden finally understood that banning travel from an infected country could stave off deaths. But he doesn't own his stupid, he has you to pretend it didn't exist....
    Travel ban? What is it with you all and that stupid thing?

The "travel ban" didn't ban 40,000 people, nor did it ban 500,000 who came in the months afterwards.

Also, most of the infected came from Europe, which is why NYC got hit hard first.

And a travel ban is pointless if the disease is already in the country, spreading unchecked as it was in the early months because we weren't testing and Trump was lying about it.

And you are dumb enough to have believed his lies, which is why you're toiling his baggage today. Admitting you got conned would just be too damaging to your ego. So you deny everything, you shirk responsibility, and you do so in the most lazy way possible.

Oh, and now we are banned from travelling to many countries. Including Canada.

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Funny you mention that number, because that is also the minimum number required for the "herd immunity" experiment to work.

no. herd immunity isn't known with COVID.. estimates are as low as 20 or up to 50%

Deaths don't follow in a straight line from cases either, as we test more, and therapy improves.
    and it depends on the populations testing positive
    Then there are vaccines which act the same as herd immunity

In short you are a blithering idiot as usual

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Travel ban? What is it with you all and that stupid thing?

The "travel ban" didn't ban 40,000 people, nor did it ban 500,000 who came in the months afterwards.

Also, most of the infected came from Europe, which is why NYC got hit hard first.

And a travel ban is pointless if the disease is already in the country, spreading unchecked as it was in the early months because we weren't testing and Trump was lying about it.
    the 40k were US dependents - not local Chinese
    Chances are they are more careful then Wuhan citizens

500k are from where?

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are arguing strawmen. Another thing that I know, and clearly you do too... If you pretend someone says all sorts of nonsense, then it is really easy to "beat" that nonsense in an argument. The problem is folks can read back and see that I have not said anything of the sort. I simply point out facts that you don't like, that you then ignore, then you build a crappy strawman and then finally "congratulate" yourself when you think you've "won"...

You are a waste of my time.

This entire post I quote here is basically asking somebody if they stopped beating their dog yet...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Sailor (09-22-2020)

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The CDC Director said last week that masks may actually be better at stopping the virus than a vaccine.
    No, I listened... He said that right now (literally the words "right now" came out of his mouth), until there is a vaccine, masks are the best way to avoid spreading the infection. I'm good with that. I wear one.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Sailor (09-22-2020)

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They, your heroes, weren't wearing masks, they were going to Chinatown and pretending that Trump's travel ban made people afraid of Asian folk (no evidence, not one thread of evidence and just.. not true). Another problem, there were not enough masks here in the US for that to have happened... seriously, not even close. Running around and saying "xenophobic" is not a plan, didn't help, and was trying to undermine the single largest thing that could be actually done at that time to stave off many infections.
    While all that was happening, Trump was lying about the virus.